Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gumball 3000

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

turbo wrote:
    construction industry ...bovale ;)

Very nice, afew guys went from ireland last year.Was there only 2 this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

drdre wrote:
    Very nice, afew guys went from ireland last year.Was there only 2 this year?

as far as i'm aware there only 2, there having a great time time over there...

ohh and you can track all the cars at www.trackthegumball.com

turbo wrote:
    as far as i'm aware there only 2, there having a great time time over there...

ohh and you can track all the cars at www.trackthegumball.com

exellent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

Reports coming in from Albania that the following gumball car was driving on the wrong side of the road and was involved in a collison with a car whose driver died. The gumball drivers tried to flee but were arested at the border. The drivers are due in front of a judge

22199_gumball_2007_start_274_123_875lo.jpg

Looks official, Article said it was on Russian plates, but it deff was that Techart modified 911 that was involved

http://www.makfax.com.mk/look/novina/article.tpl?IdLanguage=1&IdPublication=2&NrArticle=65966&NrIssue=336&NrSection=10

• Advertisement

Thats really sad, thats the problem with high speed cars it is fun but can be dangerous.Also why would you bother running as you will be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

"On May 2, a convoy of four Gumball 3000 vehicles was involved in a traffic accident near the town of Struga, Republic of Macedonia. The Techart Porsche 911 Turbo of Nick Morley and Matthew McConville hit an oncoming car, at a reported speed of more than 200km/h, after which, according to media reports, they tried to escape the country via the nearby border post. However, they were stopped and arrested by the police, and will be held in custody until their trial has begun. The casualties reported in the accident were 67-year old driver of the other vehicle involved, a Volkswagen Golf, who died on his way to the hospital; and the second - his wife, who was seriously injured."

steve06 wrote:
    "On May 2, a convoy of four Gumball 3000 vehicles was involved in a traffic accident near the town of Struga, Republic of Macedonia. The Techart Porsche 911 Turbo of Nick Morley and Matthew McConville hit an oncoming car, at a reported speed of more than 200km/h, after which, according to media reports, they tried to escape the country via the nearby border post. However, they were stopped and arrested by the police, and will be held in custody until their trial has begun. The casualties reported in the accident were 67-year old driver of the other vehicle involved, a Volkswagen Golf, who died on his way to the hospital; and the second - his wife, who was seriously injured."

I think the driver will be jailed for life or something large anyway. Its stupid to go 200km/h on the wrong side of the road.Its exactly what prince nassem did.Was it a russian car or uk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

there goes the gumball... never again I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

More here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

drdre wrote:
    I think the driver will be jailed for life or something large anyway.

Hopefully in a nasty Russian Jail. What a fúcking idiot, driving fast is one thing, but on the wrong side of the road and @ 200KMPH? He should be the one who died.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Whether they end up in jail or not is debatable - I would imagine Albania is still quite corrupt, and the guys involved are very rich. If the Home Office steps back, all sorts of 'deals' could be struck.

Depending what you read they were on the wrong side of the road, or this guy just pulled out, he died in hospital of a heart attack as a result of the accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

From autotrader website

Gumball 3000 rally halted after death
    04 May 2007

by Adrian Hearn
    The Gumball 3000 rally has been cut short after a man was killed following a road accident.

Two British competitiors were travelling in a Porsche 911 when it is reported to have come into collision with a VW Golf in Macedonia, yesterday.

The driver of the Golf, Vladimir Chepuljoskai, a 67-year-old local man, who was not competing in the event, died after the crash.

Local police have since arrested two men on provisional charges of endangering traffic and abandoning an accident victim.

Gumball organiser Maximillion Cooper later announced the race would be curtailed following the incident.

He said: “We are very saddened by what has happened and feel it would be wrong to continue out of respect for Mr Chepuljoskai.

“We extend our deepest sympathies to his family.”

More than 100 drivers paid £28,000 to compete in the rally which sees some of the world’s top supercars cover 3,000 miles – between London and Slovakia - in just eight days.

The experience regularly attracts celebrities, with actor Danny Dyer and model Caprice both taking part in this year’s event.

The Gumball 3000 rally has been cut short after a man was killed following a road accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thats the end of the rally for good me thinks.

it was bound to happen sooner or later the way many of them were driving

• Advertisement

ronoc wrote:

Now the drivers are seriously in crap.the accident killed 2 people from the same family :(

Already disscused and a the wife has also died :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Just looking at the pictures of the porsche and the golf, there seems to be no way the 911 was doing 200KM/H as mentioned. The 911 seems to be alright, but the golf, being over 15 years old, and from a run down country where they do not have as strict nct laws. It is hardly supprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭supersaint3

Anti wrote:
    Just looking at the pictures of the porsche and the golf, there seems to be no way the 911 was doing 200KM/H as mentioned. The 911 seems to be alright, but the golf, being over 15 years old, and from a run down country where they do not have as strict nct laws. It is hardly supprising.

I think that is a dreadful attitude and I don't know did you mean to act in defense of these two but you should be ashamed...

Anti wrote:

yes thats what i was thinking.if they did 200 km/h in the porsche then all 4 would have been dead.And the car still looks intact so i dont think it was around 200km/h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

bound to happen sooner or later unfortunately.

they tried to escape after the accident as well, fcukin idiots..didn't have the decency to accept responsibility.
    wtf were they thinking.

mkennedy wrote:
    bound to happen sooner or later unfortunately.

they tried to escape after the accident as well, fcukin idiots..didn't have the decency to accept responsibility.
    wtf were they thinking.

They are idiots tring to escape as the car has stickers all over it.And the police can find there details easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Let's put it this way ...

A responsible person wouldn't take part in the gumball in the first place ..so I'm not really surprised they tried to do a runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

nothing about it on sky news, strangely enough.

• Advertisement

peasant wrote:
    Let's put it this way ...

A responsible person wouldn't take part in the gumball in the first place ..so I'm not really surprised they tried to do a runner.

Nah i wouldnt agree with that, you dont have that much money so you wouldnt.:)

Not everyone goes for the speed, its really for the fun and lavish parties etc.There are afew muppets everywhere

Advertisement