Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTR Online

Options
  • 28-04-2007 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Wanted to start a new thread for this. Seeing as the game is only just out and most likely, alot of boards.ie people will be getting it over the next couple of weeks lets all join the same server ? Which servers are you guys on ? I only have a lvl 3 character so I dont mind changing servers.

Post your character name + server!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hey Tusky im on Snowbourn [EN],main char is called Efioanaes.
    EDIT: Just to add,i wont be on for few days,waiting on a new motherboard delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

hi m8...on snowbourne lvl 16 champion : stoki

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Snowbourn as well.

Crowbarr - lvl 16 champion
    Fex - lvl 5 loremaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Elfrand i think its called

Seanadan - Lvl 8

Btw..can ppl post any LOTRO Resources they may know of ? for help with quests n stuff

Guildwarsguru was great for GW and so was the GWWiki

I know Lotr is new..and the lotrwiki dont have much on it, yet :o

So post any helpful links aswell pls

Cause im a bit overwhelmed with stuff at this stage...being offered like a 1000 items by traders etc :p

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

SeantheMan wrote:
    Elfrand i think its called

Btw..can ppl post any LOTRO Resources they may know of ? for help with quests n stuff
    http://lotro.mmodb.com/

http://lotro.allakhazam.com/

• Advertisement

Thanks man :rolleyes: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I'm Krador on Evernight, a Dwarf Hunter. Give me a shout if you're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Anyone else find it a bit ridiculous that you need to grab an 850MB file after purchasing the game?

I let it update itself, seemed quicker.
    I think im on version 1.12 even though i think the newest version is 1.2:eek:

ANyways, how can we go about gettin our own LOTRO thread set up ? as i expect this game will be huge and get more ppl over the coming weeks :D:D

Bought myself a Lute yesterday...:rolleyes: ..got out a pen and paper...and me guitar...and corrolated all the notes with the notes on the guitar.
    So i can tab any/most of my fave songs :D
    However some of the notes on the guitar are skipped...preventing accurate reproductions of some songs:(
    Ye can get the intro of Stairway to Heaven before you cant get the right note
    Ive also got "Dearg Doom" down aswell:cool: and smoke on the water

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got it there yesterday... haven't had much of a chance to play it yet though.

I'm an elf mistral on Elrand.... the character name escapes me at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got it there yesterday... haven't had much of a chance to play it yet though.

I'm an elf mistral on Elrand.... the character name escapes me at the moment...

ah finally someone on the same server as me. Post your character name up and I'll msg you tonight.

Im on that one too... Elrand

I think the game reccomended it to me for some reason :p:p

Names Seanadan :D...Im a Hunter Elf person type thingy....all confused and the likes :rolleyes:
    Im currently stationed outside Frodos house :p ....i ran all the way to the Shire/hobbiton and found his little gaff :rolleyes: ..well i think it is
    Theres only 1 house in Bag End

We should get a boards guild together on Elrand, I have about three boards friends starting to play over the next couple of weeks also. Anyone interested ?

everyone join Elrand server!

I've already invested too much time on my Snowbourn chars to change to another server.

Anyone unable to log in?

I started this morning before my driving test, killed a few spiders and then had to log out,

Wanted to play now but nada!

Wont let me log in!

Ye id join the boards guild :D
    I think im already in 1, a Kinship theyre called...but eh...dont know any of em :p
    Was just askin someone for advice and i got "press yes to join kinship" and i was like..yeah whatever :eek: :p:)

But fair play to them..theyve given me some free stuff....for my crafting missions, 1 of them made me a minor woodworking scroll, and gave me 15 rowan branches:) :)

But yeh...boards guild sounds good.

So it's decided then... a boards guild it is...

Now if only the servers were working.

So it's decided then... a boards guild it is...

Now if only the servers were working.

Feck. I just sat down to play after a hard days work. Ok, so far we have...

Tusky
    MonkeyFudge
    Seantheman

No point in even trying to get a guild together until we have 15-20 people anyway. Sign up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A boards guild sounds like a damn good idea. I'm on Snowbourne and so's my mate (although he's on a friend code at the moment, so we'll see if he'll stay. I'm only level 12 at the moment, so if it is decided to change servers then I'm up for that too!

humanji wrote:
    A boards guild sounds like a damn good idea. I'm on Snowbourne and so's my mate (although he's on a friend code at the moment, so we'll see if he'll stay. I'm only level 12 at the moment, so if it is decided to change servers then I'm up for that too!

Yeah were on Elrand buddy :rolleyes:

And loggin in..yeah..i still cant either as of 9.20pm

• Advertisement

Well I've only played on Elrand for a grand total of about 20 minutes so I'm happy to change if there are more of us on Snowbourne

Think its 50/50 atm
    Not sure how many ppl are even playin LOTRO :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I think you guys need some polls. It usually gets more people out of the woodwork and would give you a better idea of the numbers you have. Best of luck with it.

(And I love the guy that says he won't move because he has invested too much time already! :D )

I'll join a guild on Elrand,

Wellyard is my name,

Hobbit Guardian,

TANK FTW!

Elrond
    Tusky
    MonkeyFudge
    Seantheman
    Wellyj

Okay... finally got playing this again.

My character is Andowtiel a level 6 Minstral on Elrand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Blahzer

Hay,

Is it that good? I have been playing WoW since close beta US, have had so many toons in end game,

I was thinking of buying LOTRO But i would like to try it first anyone got a free code or know of any tree trials i have looked but seems to have stoped?

Has anyone left WoW to play LOTRO?

Any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not sure if you'll be able to get a code from anyone. And yes, quite a lot of people have left Wow for this (although they're probably still playing both :D ). In fact, if you check the forums, you'll find that there are people from most of the major MMORPG's that have migrated over.

It's well worth it, and if we get a Boards kinship together then it'll be a lot more fun! Speaking of which, we'll need a good name for it,The Boards.ie Kinship doesn't really sound Lord Of The Rings-y.

Heres a quote from DCully who left WoW for Lotro

And yes..we gots to think of a good name if theres gonna be a kinship :p
    Dcully wrote:
    For 5,000 G you say? :P
    Well ive been a wow player for 2 years,levelled 2 chars to 70 and 5 others in their 50s-60s.
    Ive been in love with the game since day one.
    WOW made me want to try many more MMOs ,EQ,DAOC,AO, and some that claim to be MMOs like Guild Wars.
    None of them could take me away from wow for a day nevermind any longer.

LOTRO has made me cancel my wow subs without hesitation.
    The whole experience is so much better than WOW.
    They have taken everything from wow and omproved upon them hugely.
    They have added stuff like deeds and traits which add to the customising of chars so much.
    The combat is is excellent ,really feels action packed.
    The graphics wee down on all MMOs and most games from a height,they are simply gorgeous.
    Atmosphere is great,helped no end by the great sound effects,the music,and the middle earth scenery.
    The crafting too is taken to another level,quests and instances so far are great fun and well designed.
    The Ui too is excellent.

Bearing in mind i was far from tired of wow [i was just getting into kara runs etc] i was thoroughly enjoying wow as always but once some guildies said they were cancelling because of LOTRO i simply had to get the pre launch.
    The game is basically WOW [which is why i love it so much] but is a lot deeper and has next gen graphics and sounds.
    A bonus is subs are a good bit cheaper than WOW,ive subscribed to 6 months for 51 euros.

IMO its is a lot better than wow,whether end game content is as vast as wow i dont know personally but from forums and reviews ive read end game content is meant to be impressive and vast.
    Plus they are bringing out more parts of the middle earth world bit by bit.
    Right now Erador is shipped with release and from what i see its as big as wow pre TBC.

• Advertisement

Elrond
    Tusky
    MonkeyFudge
    Seantheman
    Wellyj

Snowbourne
    Humanji
    Dcully
    Hairball
    Maximilian

Evernight
    Buceph

before we do anything we should establish ourselves on the same server. Theres most likely going to be alot of boards.ie people playing the game and it would be a shame if everyone was scattered across different servers.

Advertisement