Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The world is ****ed...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

lezizi wrote:
    Thats the biggest load of S***e i have ever, so you dismiss what op says and say his life is S*** because he smokes cannabis.

:D I was just replying in kind to the OPs post which I found to be total Jibberish and lacking in any real punch, and it is quite obvious that the real point he wanted to put across was

Why? if the world is so ****ed up is it a big deal to some people if I am a useless hippy stoner who contributes nothing to society?

A question I find strangely amusing,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Overheal wrote:
    Thank you, sirs; you all help to add weight to the argument: that we are ****ed, because we can't all share the sandbox without hating and killing eachother.

First off, to attack a lad over the mention of Cannabis seems rather sad: you immediately assume I had to be stoned to compose what is ultimately not an original concept. In fact I have been off the enjoyable stuff for a couple months now: what some of you may know as an extended period of "sobriety". However, some of you here will find this to be a foreign concept; abusing the drug irrevocably known as "Alchohol" - a truly sinister legalised narcotic that is responsible for thousands of deaths across the world every year.

Not only this, but just about every person here you has posted in the anit-Cannabinine camp has labelled thou as a Hippie. However, a quick lookup of the term hippie will probably reveal to the assailant that they may know several Cannabis-wielding individuals who do not fall under this category at all. I may agree on some of the key points of the ideal, but not on much more.

As I started this thread I wondered wheter to leave the final line in there at all; but alas, it has helped to prove its own point: that instead of coming together on the really big issues like Global Warming, the Apophis Asteroid (apologies for the wrong name, Anubis), Protectionism (which to the first person who mentioned that one directly: go wiki that, and then pretend like you understand the word ;)), society still chooses to meddle with itself on the smaller affairs such as what someone else does with their own body and mind, to commit murder, to live only for themselves or their closest loved ones. Society still makes the choice to lay divided.

So how are we worth saving? We face demise from many different fronts but we have all turned away: nobody wants to think it was all for nothing. But many people would agree, that there are 3 really potential ways that Humanity will die within 100 years: Nuclear Winter; Environmental Collapse; or a Cosmic Event.

And for you God-Fearing Catholic Irish (I get pretty mean here)
    ****s who dare to label me with your heathen impunity; surely even you can get your head out of the Pope's ass long enough to
    consider in your own bibolical terms that Judgement now faces you from many different horsemen.

Yes, I have hate in me as well; and that is the point.

The irony of the situation is that everything on my list (except for Apophis) is a problem that Man has created for itself. Yet still, out of its own blindness, Humanity still fails to recognise these issues.

All views are welcome. Thank you for posting.

(I didn't want to turn this into a heavy/headwreck thread...too late)

Shut up hippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Overheal....... do you need a hug??

*hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Overheal wrote:
    First off, to attack a lad over the mention of Cannabis seems rather sad: you immediately assume I had to be stoned to compose what is ultimately not an original concept. In fact I have been off the enjoyable stuff for a couple months now: what some of you may know as an extended period of "sobriety". However, some of you here will find this to be a foreign concept; abusing the drug irrevocably known as "Alchohol" - a truly sinister legalised narcotic that is responsible for thousands of deaths across the world every year.

And for you God-Fearing Catholic Irish (I get pretty mean here)
    ****s who dare to label me with your heathen impunity; surely even you can get your head out of the Pope's ass long enough to
    consider in your own bibolical terms that Judgement now faces you from many different horsemen.

Bwahahaha :D

First off, dont be dissing the drink. It brings the majority of us joy and only a small amount of people have a long term problem with it (I think most Irish males have went through an alco period, but Im talking extended months/years) so enough of that.

You should go back on the smoke, your rants seem to show your having a pretty bad withdrawal :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Overheal wrote:

The irony of the situation is that everything on my list (except for Apophis) is a problem that Man has created for itself. Yet still, out of its own blindness, Humanity still fails to recognise these issues.

you´re the worst type of human, all rant and no action! Go hug your granny or somethin!

Anyone for a cup of tea?

• Advertisement

faceman wrote:
    you´re the worst type of human, all rant and no action! Go hug your granny or somethin!

Anyone for a cup of tea?

Yes please. Can I have it like i like my women? Strong, with milk and 2 sugars.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thanks, Faceman, thanks :)
    I was just replying in kind to the OPs post which I found to be total Jibberish and lacking in any real punch, and it is quite obvious that the real point he wanted to put across was

Why? if the world is so ****ed up is it a big deal to some people if I am a useless hippy stoner who contributes nothing to society?

A question I find strangely amusing,

Close enough....wasn't trying to refer to myself though: just any one in general, using Cannabis as the example (my example, cos its one of those things that people still frown at me for.........;) )

I like to think I contribute a little...Computer Games Development FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Overheal wrote:
    ...supercomputers tracking our every move

Bring it on.

We definitely could do with some benevolent and superclever AI thingys to make sure our shoelaces are tied up. Kind of like Culture Minds or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Overheal wrote:
    White people are racists pricks; America is a fear driven country backed by a WMD arsenal large enough to destroy this planet many times over; the consumption of oil is destroying our environment regardless; Hurricanes are only going to get worse this year; in less than 5 years there will be a terrorist attack that will make 9/11 look like a bedtime story; Labour force getting screwed; Students killing everyone and then killing themselves; Jihads all over the shop; Civil war; Religion unites people; Religion divides people; Protectionism; The new dawn of the Chinese Military; Japan in R&D of Mobile suits (maybe, but really I'm just kidding); Supercomputers tracking our every move; Anubis asteroid set to kill us all in 30 years; The value of human life drops to pre-society levels; the United Nations begins to lose its meaning; Bin Laden is still missing; Murder and Rape and crime are steadily on the rise to the point where society is learning to become complacent; Milk begins to cost more than gasoline; Labour force getting screwed over again; Corporations that don't perceive the individual; Medical Care continues to be governed by Capitalism; the Ozone layer is failing dramatically; and inflation will always return to **** you up the ass.

The world is ****ed.....

...and you still care about whether I smoke cannabis.....

Goddamn hippy

fly_agaric wrote:
    Bring it on.

We definitely could do with some benevolent and superclever AI thingys to make sure our shoelaces are tied up. Kind of like Culture Minds or something.

I'd be more worried about HAL..... or any other number of AI blunders in Sci-Fi. But really its more about being able to type my name into a search engine and find out about myself in near-diary format

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Overheal wrote:
    there are 3 really potential ways that Humanity will die within 100 years: Nuclear Winter; Environmental Collapse; or a Cosmic Event.

Cosmic Event: Nothing we can do about that.

Nuclear Winter: Unlikely... If The USA and USSR didn't blow each other up during the height of the cold war then the chances of it ever happening are slim. Only those countries have enough nukes to do the job, and thinking that america will nuke anything nowadays is pretty stupid.

Environmental Collapse: Yeah, that one sucks alright. India and China are erasing any progress we make... global warming is going to **** us all up. thats all im worried about.

Cosmic Event: I've heard some interesting ideas from NASA. One of the more intriguing ones was flying a satellite in parallel with Apophis, which through some extremely minor effect of gravity acting on Apophis over the course of many hundreds of thousands of miles should reduce its chance of impact somewhat. Wiki it.

Nuclear Winter: I was slightly concerned last year with North Korea; theres always gonna be someone/something else. FFS I just hope its Japan and they come out with a secret arsenal of Mobile Suits...that would be a wicked sweet way to get conquered :)

Environmental Collapse: I am right there with you. America is helping also; for every tree they cut down, they bury another barrel of radioactive waste. Fun.

Advertisement