Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wpt big one mizzi and de wolfe at it again

Options
  • 24-04-2007 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

both in the top 15 towards end of day two mizzi 3rd dewolfe 15th chip gathering machines

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

new ambition in poker to play this what a tournament

2nd and 3rd in chips at end of play

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

nicnicnic wrote:

'A chip, and a chair'

That's all you need Nicky, no cards required!

The-Rigger wrote:
    'A chip, and a chair'

That's all you need Nicky, no cards required!

50k starting D imagine the fun you could have with them

• Registered Users Posts: 39,110 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

where are updates available?
    I thought Mizzi was more of an online player, seams to be doing well live lately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

nicnicnic wrote:

Thats some good running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

How does he do it?

In the last 2.5 years De Wolfe has worked his way into 46th position in the "All Time Money List"...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

how long are the blinds in this event? one hour? two maybe...if they only play 5 levels a day!

1Roland De Wolfe535,0000

2Phil Hellmuth Jr.528,1000

3Sorel Mizzi499,3000

not bad going, i'd say mizzi has high earnings for his age, he won an FTOPS event this year, and i'd easily see him joining the team at FT

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

how long are the blinds in this event? one hour? two maybe...if they only play 5 levels a day!

Think it's two. And a 50k starting stack. And they start at 25 / 50!! Yum, Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I've been playing it wrong all along.
    Phil Hellmuth Tops $400,000
    After Chino Rheem enters the pot, Phil Hellmuth raises to $15,000 preflop. Rheem makes the call and the flop comes Q43. Rheem checks and Hellmuth bets $5,000. Rheem raises $13,000 more and Hellmuth makes the call. The turn is the 8 and Rheem bets $30,000. Hellmuth minimum raises to $60,000 and Rheem goes into the tank. After a few minutes, Rheem mucks his hand and Hellmuth turns over pocket queens for a set.

Phil Hellmuth is now up to around $450,000 chips.

two other highlights:
    Paul Wasicka Wins a Huge Pot
    The player under the gun limps in, Erica Schoenberg limps, as does Jordan Siegal and Paul Wasicka checks from the big blind. The flop comes the J-6-2 and it is checked to the player under the gun who fires $5,000. Schoenberg makes the call and Paul Wasicka raises it to $20,000 total. The player under the gun moved all in for about $70,000 more and Wasicka immediately calls with 6-2 for two pair. The under the gun player flips over A-J. The turn is the Q and the river is the 8 giving Wasicka a huge pot.

After the hand, Wasicka is up to $255,000.
    Sam Farha Big Ballin'
    On a J74 flop, a player in seat 10 bets $2,000. Freddy Deeb folds. Sam Farha raises to $8,000. Seat 10 reraises to $18,000. Farha re-reraises to $38,000. Seat 10 moves all in. Farha insta-calls. Seat 10 shows the J5 and Farha turns over the J7. The turn brings the 10 and the river is the 3. Farha now has $370,000.

As Seat 10 stands to leave, Deeb laughs, "That guy just gave him $120,000. I think he has 10% of Farha."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Think it's two hours. And a 50k starting stack. And they start at 25 / 50!! Yum, Yum.

Can the Friday night fitz scalp game please take note of our new demands!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

He has clearly made a deal with the devil

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are there any Irish left in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Sam Farha Big Ballin'
    On a J74 flop, a player in seat 10 bets $2,000. Freddy Deeb folds. Sam Farha raises to $8,000. Seat 10 reraises to $18,000. Farha re-reraises to $38,000. Seat 10 moves all in. Farha insta-calls. Seat 10 shows the J5 and Farha turns over the J7. The turn brings the 10 and the river is the 3. Farha now has $370,000.

As Seat 10 stands to leave, Deeb laughs, "That guy just gave him $120,000. I think he has 10% of Farha."

What terrible play

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

andy black's on 50k

parkinson is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

90 mins blinds with a 15 min break at the end of each level, 50k starting stack....how much play do they want :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

Quote:
    Sam Farha Big Ballin'

imagine payin 25k to enter this, having about $130k in front of you in chips....... and going out on the first day with J 5......oh sorry they were sooooooooooted

there 1st and 2nd now both having added 50% to there stacks in less then two levels. chip gathering machines

black is out Aj v j10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Phil Hellmuth raises to $20,000 under the gun and Shawn Buchanan re-raises to $53,000. Hellmuth calls and checks in the dark. The flop comes 1063 and Buchanan bets $120,000 with another $250,000 behind. Hellmuth calls, the turn is the 7 and both players check. The river is the 9 and again both players check. Buchanan shows down K7 and Hellmuth bursts into a tirade. He lectures Buchanan saying, "You bluffed $200,000 against the best player in the world on the top of his game, you wont make it at past the end of the day." Hellmuth finally showed A6 and right before he mucked he told Buchanan, "I see right through your soul."

Gold.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote:
    Phil Hellmuth raises to $20,000 under the gun and Shawn Buchanan re-raises to $53,000. Hellmuth calls and checks in the dark. The flop comes 1063 and Buchanan bets $120,000 with another $250,000 behind. Hellmuth calls, the turn is the 7 and both players check. The river is the 9 and again both players check. Buchanan shows down K7 and Hellmuth bursts into a tirade. He lectures Buchanan saying, "You bluffed $200,000 against the best player in the world on the top of his game, you wont make it at past the end of the day." Hellmuth finally showed A6 and right before he mucked he told Buchanan, "I see right through your soul."

Gold.

The man is a genius!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bihj9OhI28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

is it me or does there seem to be an awful lot of suspect play going on in this tournament.i was under the impression that,similar to the wsop HORSE 50k ,the inflated buy in meant a much higher standard than you average wpt 10k event.the cardplayer updates clearly suggest otherwise though.

just a bit surprised is all.looks like a good value tournament.well if you can put up $25k of course.

with 85% of the field gone the average stack is 67 big blinds

nicnicnic wrote:
    with 85% of the field gone the average stack is 67 big blinds

crapshoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

When You're Rolling Good, You're Rolling Good...
    On a flop of 976h, Roland de Wolfe gets his opponent all in. De Wolfe holds the nuts with A8h. However, as if that wasn't enough, the 10h falls on the river, giving de Wolfe a straight flush and eliminating yet another opponent.

Roland de Wolfe now has $1,150,000 chips.

DeWolfe is such a donk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

justin bonomo in there too...

Current counts and such

Blinds are now $6,000 - $12,000 with a $2,000 ante

1st Phil Hellmuth Jr.1,800,000

7th Sorel Mizzi1,025,000

10th Roland De Wolfe900,000

Mizzi just jumped up the leaderboard, we was on about 700 at start of play, anyone have the hand?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Plenty of big names left in there including the excellent Thomas Wahlroos in second currently. I have been looking out for his name since meeting him last year in Dublin, and he is damn consistent in getting in at the business end of games. Nice lad too.

Great structure too when even the lowest stack at 37 players left is 30BB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

5starpool wrote:
    Plenty of big names left in there including the excellent Thomas Wahlroos in second currently. I have been looking out for his name since meeting him last year in Dublin, and he is damn consistent in getting in at the business end of games. Nice lad too.

Great structure too when even the lowest stack at 37 players left is 30BB's.

quality player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i assume de wolfe is taking the pi$$ here...

http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/24512

Advertisement