Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guaranteed ticket for GJP bounty on joe show head

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

From Lurksville.
    * I won't make any noisey posts until the forum is sorted out but I will answer questions* (I'm on my best behaviour Mods)

My 1st game in a month...
    Hi Rounders, nope I never was Captainhook.....and I'm won't be 54 for manys a year (Gwd do I look that bad, obviously not a Peter Pan either so). I was taking the pSS outa gameboy as he was trying to do likewise...(Im younger than Brad Pitt anyway)

To O'Callagh

HI Nial,
    I thought my minraise would engage the poker-grey matter of yours a bit. The only reason I thought you may call was the fact that it was a two-prize only tourny so you do have to gamble. I had consciously build up a tight image whilst the blinds were so low. I loosend up later and made a few moves I wouldn't normally make. (was needing to play some poker after a month of nothing)....Went out to Ditag when I called his all in with Q 6, lol donks etc. ( was down to 6 BBS so Gambooll) I knew his all in was weak as he played a similar move earlier and appeared to slow play big hands and push with bad hands. So I was happy to throw them in ..So 5-6 beats Q 6. 5 on River (standard). Ya have to win yer 80-20s.
    Good cheap fun tournament for 45 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

No Solksjaer you dont look that old, nowhere near thats why i asked but nothing would surprise me nowadays. That girl with the blonde hair is a ringer of a young Zoe Ball. Might go next week aswell if i dont win a ticket in sundays GJP online game. Next week theres E200 on Joeshow's head.

No Solksjaer you dont look that old, nowhere near thats why i asked but nothing would surprise me nowadays. That girl with the blonde hair is a ringer of a young Zoe Ball. Might go next week aswell if i dont win a ticket in sundays GJP online game. Next week theres E200 on Joeshow's head.

I won't comment too much on the girl but Zoe Ball is georgous, and she did look like her (deduce the rest).

Don't do online too much so will try to get to this again. Nice tourny and not too taxing on the phoca. I'm being thrown out of the gaff tonight due to a girlie book club night (do they ever discuss books?), so my plan is to play a satt for the EOM fitz game and failing to hit. I'll mosey into the SE Thursday game (4th last time).

*small highlight was when a certin young missy demonstated her ability to walk on her hands...very impressive.

*shuffling back off to lurksville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Solksjaer wrote:
    Don't do online too much so will try to get to this again. Nice tourny and not too taxing on the phoca. I'm being thrown out of the gaff tonight due to a girlie book club night (do they ever discuss books?), so my plan is to play a satt for the EOM fitz game and failing to hit. I'll mosey into the SE Thursday game (4th last time).

Solksjaer, can you please return from Lurksville and answer the following;

1. This thing of being thrown out of your house by the wife and told to go play some poker. How does that work? What's your secret? Can Mrs Solksjaer talk to Mrs Stuntman about it please? Are you not secretly afraid that something very dodgy is going down with all these women?

2. Fitz EOM Sats: what time do these kick off? I have to go for dinner in that area at 7 but wouldn't mind playing a pre-prandial Satellite, would there be any running say from 5/5.30?

3. Will you please organise the WSOP syndicate? This sponsorship thing is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

1. This thing of being thrown out of your house by the wife and told to go play some poker. How does that work? What's your secret? Can Mrs Solksjaer talk to Mrs Stuntman about it please? Are you not secretly afraid that something very dodgy is going down with all these women?

Mrs Bops loves books, i'll pay for all expenses for whole club, i don't care if they're up to something dodgy

• Advertisement

2. Fitz EOM Sats: what time do these kick off? I have to go for dinner in that area at 7 but wouldn't mind playing a pre-prandial Satellite, would there be any running say from 5/5.30?

3. Will you please organise the WSOP syndicate? This sponsorship thing is a joke

1. (what poker taught me) The secret is to insist on doing the opposite to what you actually want to do, this confuses them. I told her I was tired and would love nothing better than to flop on the sofa in my Homer Simpson underpants for the night and watch my scrubs box set..(come to think of it , that IS what I really want to do)

Also, there is always something dodgy going down when more than two women meet anywhere...there is always surplus wine afterwards though...(less yapping and more drinking girls)

2. I'll leave that one to 5star or MickL, usually about 6.00 on. If you've dinner at 7. I'd forget it. There is a blind omaha game on, if Luke runs it is amusing/entertaining. It's more than likely the last satt of the evening. (possibly)

3. I've PM'd Jacques and JP poker and I think they will get a syndicate up and running soon. The sponsorship thing has been dropped. I think Jacques meant well though.

*this is the nearest I'll ever get to being in the well*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

too much to read... who got tickets?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Solksjaer wrote:

2. I'll leave that one to 5star or MickL, usually about 6.00 on. If you've dinner at 7. I'd forget it. There is a blind omaha game on, if Luke runs it is amusing/entertaining. It's more than likely the last satt of the evening. (possibly)

Do you know what time the main tournament starts at?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

ditpoker wrote:
    too much to read... who got tickets?!

A friend of mine got a ticket and another guy, Neither on boards,

I railed the final table waiting on my friend and i must say there was some sensational blow ups on the FT,

The two that got tickets were shortest stacks for most of the FT, they both just waited for the big uns and when they got them got paid off..

Surely if this game had 1 rebuy or top up, it would be more attractive, I came back from the break after only losing 1 pot with 1800 in chips, the blinds at 1 and 200 and it was push time, and it didnt change till the end,

I would deffo give this another shot, but a €40 freezout with the field it attracted + only 2 tickets up for grabs is a very tall order,

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sats will def be running from around 5/5.30. The tournie itself is due to start at 7, but will not get going until 7.45 I would say at least.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:
    Sats will def be running from around 5/5.30. The tournie itself is due to start at 7, but will not get going until 7.45 I would say at least.

nice 1, I will be in at 5 for some STT practice

what is the structure of this now as it seems to change every month?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It hasn't changed for the last few months I think.

3x 25 mins, 6 x 30 mins (I think) and the rest at 40 mins. 6.5k stack, no antes, and 9 handed max (unless there is too big a crowd which there probably won't be). 100 players last month. I wasn't going to go to this, but I will go after all, but won't be there before 7 I'd say.

5starpool wrote:
    3x 25 mins, 6 x 30 mins (I think) and the rest at 40 mins. 6.5k stack, no antes, and 9 handed max (unless there is too big a crowd which there probably won't be). 100 players last month. I wasn't going to go to this, but I will go after all, but won't be there before 7 I'd say.

muchos gracias

6.5k is a strange number but what do I know anyway

nothing, that's what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

I had bout 35% of the chips starting at 3 handed... Then played A6 terribly against the chip leader to knock me out in 3rd. And thats all she wrote

Advertisement