Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guaranteed ticket for GJP bounty on joe show head

Options
  • 21-04-2007 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

this wednesday at the jackpot we will be holding a €40+€5 nlh satellite for the GJP main event JOE O NIELL IS GUARANTEEING A TICKET and I have put a €100 bounty on Joe's head!!!!!! this will be held at 9pm 4000 starting chips with 500 eb chips new entries for first level only, 30 minute clock first 3 levels 20 min clock after break 30 min clock for final table. gl all
    25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    150-300
    200-400
    300-600
    400-800
    500-1000
    800-1500
    1000-2000
    1500-3000
    2000-4000
    ect
    1. Jackpot are running the event
    2. Commercial
    3. wednesday Jackpot Card Club, Montague Lane
    4. 9pm start reg from 8.30pm
    5. Must be a member of the club, photo id required, over 18's only
    6. Purchased on the day from 8.30pm max 90
    7. No limit texas hold em tournament
    8. €40 freeze out
    9. €5 reg fee
    10. 100% money going into prize pool
    11. na
    12. freeze out
    13. 4000 starting chips + 500 early birds
    14. na
    15. See above
    16. 30 minute clock first 3 levels, 25 minute after.
    17. quaranteed ticket must be taken
    18. All dealer dealt
    19. Documented rules in club
    20. td Dukebox has final say on all rulings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great stuff lads - cya Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

Dont You Think That Joe Looks Strange Enough Already Without Going Around All Night With A €100 Stuck To His Head

Will You Be Nailing The 100 To His Forehead And If So, Can I Use The Hammer?

Also, Can You Let Me Have Joe's Registration Number Of His Car Please

I Will Try To Make This One, If Only To Hear Joes Bad Beat Story When He Gets Donked

Ps, Does This Mean That Joe Cant Win The Seat And The Person That Comes In 2nd To Joe Gets The Seat? Presuming He Doesnt Get Out Played Again. And What Happens To The €100 In That Case

Try To Be Clearer With Your Posts, These People Are Very Particular About Details
    3 Most Important Things They Like To See
    Details
    Details
    Details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭joe o neill

i will be collecting my 100 plus the cash and heading to flannerys where everybody knows my name and the drinks will be on me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

so how many tickets in total will there be on offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭fiddlesticks

nice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

people will be askin

who is that guy with the nail sticking out of his forehead

which nail?? i hear them ask

the one with no money attached to it, coz someone else got it earlier and thats why he is in here drowning his sorrows and crying,,,,i was soooo unlucky, again

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Definitely gonna be there - I claimed a bounty on Joe's head before - for the more modest sum of €5 in a DIT crapshoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I am planning on heading in to this, would love to play the main event, that and i might as well be playing poker watching two w*nk*r teams draw nill all than sit at home and watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

I am planning on heading in to this, would love to play the main event, that and i might as well be playing poker watching two w*nk*r teams draw nill all than sit at home and watch it.

United played last night

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

WH BONNEY wrote:
    United played last night

Yes Yes you are right, United and Milan are two W*nk*r teams that would draw nil all,:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

WH BONNEY wrote:
    United played last night
    Hey now, that's not a fair comment. Milan are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 skilgannon

Will this be a weekly tourney till the festival starts??? Or are there anymore sats scheduled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭fiddlesticks

many heading to this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Im thinking of headin in! Not sure yet tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Im planning on heading in-4 chops out of the last 5 tournies tournament donk no more LOL

Anyone pinting beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Donating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ianmc38 wrote:
    Donating...

Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

got a text from Joe, he is defo worried about numbers lol. i'll be heading in, if for nothing else than to claim the bounty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'd head in only i'm on tilt and yiz aren't getting my money! I fckin hate poker!! Deep breath......calm down...........GL all. I'll put €20 bounty on Ianmcs head just to keep me interested. Pass it on Niall..

Edit...boardsies only* and if Ian wins he gets the €20

Flushdraw wrote:
    I'd head in only i'm on tilt and yiz aren't getting my money! I fckin hate poker!! Deep breath......calm down...........GL all. I'll put €20 bounty on Ianmcs head just to keep me interested. Pass it on Niall..

Edit...boardsies only* and if Ian wins he gets the €20
    excellent work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

47 runners so we have rounded up to to two festival main event tickets and the winners pay the reg,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

my money is on wee sammie!

2 tickets in the end, mickste and rounders123 going strong. I lost a coin flip early on AK v AQ for a largish pot which would have given me a bit of room but it was not to be. Pushed umpteen times and survived till 15th. K6d not to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

An AK v AQ coinflip? How many sides has your coin! Cant believe u didnt take down a satellite, whats the world coming to! Did Ianmc lose his scalp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Mickste goneski-mark akqj10 going well from what I hear.
    I managed to quadruaple my stack twice in the first hour but was still gone before the break.Literally gave them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

jbravado wrote:
    Mickste goneski-mark akqj10 going well from what I hear.
    I managed to quadruaple my stack twice in the first hour but was still gone before the break.Literally gave them away.

And you didnt stick around for a cash game Sam, WTF....:p

Flushdraw wrote:
    An AK v AQ coinflip? How many sides has your coin! Cant believe u didnt take down a satellite, whats the world coming to! Did Ianmc lose his scalp?
    lol, anything is a coin flip in donkaments. i was determined to win this but I got no help from the poker gods.

I had a weird hand. ultra loose "wanna go for pint" guy was all in every 2nd hand. blinds 75/150 and soljskaer (playing tightish) limps UTG as do 2 others including maniac man (btw he is actually quite a good player but he was about as interested in winning the tournament as he was going back to the pub). Every 2nd or 3rd hand resulted in an all in. Anyway, with 600 or so in there I make it 975 (with 3k behind) with TT. I don't want to prick around with TT and I have a feeling I'll get it in with maniac man which would suit me fine. Folded back to soljskaer. He looks quite happy about the situation and min raises to 2k total:eek: . They all fold pretty fast and it's back to me. What do you do?

edit:and ianmc lost his scalp with an OESFD. I got the feeling himself and halfbaked weren't taking it very seriosuly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Good game. After thinking about it i decided to take a chance calling with a dubious hand to take out ocallagh before he chipped up and got dangerous again(He was all in utg with K5 me in bb with Q10), which worked.

Then fluctuating fortunes on the ft. Started ft a good cl after some guy earlier gifted me a virtual double up(AK v A10d aipf with me being cl and him 2nd in chips before this. People were looking at my stack like it was a frickin circus lol!. Things were looking good.

However i won and lost some races and there was a time 5-6 handed on the ft things levelled out somewhat. But i surged clear again when i took a decent player they called macker out and after that won a nice one in a raised pot with AJ v DitTag. I stayed determined i'd not back down in any pot i raised in. This resulted in one too many races being lost, it was unnatural!. Then i gave DitTagg who i had as the biggest danger (even though he wasnt 2nd in chips)a nice double up trying to take him out as he wasnt afraid to get his chips in either, i raised from the button with K10 and wouldnt fold to his rrai and was up against A9 and flopping a 10 made the loss feel worse. If that wasnt bad enough the killer hand was a battle of the blinds all in pf im bb and rrai with As10s v his AJ that did for me even though i had a few bb's left. Finished 4th.

Oh so thats who soljskaer is!. It all makes sense now!. I was on your left soljskaer, chatted to you on the break. btw were you joking about your age!?. 54 or something i heard you trying to convince gameboy sitting opposite. Im pretty sure i remember you say a couple of years ago you used be 'captaincook' here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Hard luck Rounders, I had you pegged for a ticket. I was doing really well in tournament, being aggresive early on, and had 18K at the break. After break I lost a hand with the flush draw straight draw on turn, but no help by river.

Exit hand was against AKQJ10 and I played it pretty awfully to be honost, I have 66 in the sb, folded around to AKQJ10 in mp who raises to 2k blinds are 400 800. Decided to flat call. Checked in the dark and the flop comes out 4 8 J rainbow, and he bet 3.5k. I should have mucked preflop because his raise was smaller that he had usually done, which made me believe he wanted callers. Anyway after a brain fart where I put him on AQ, AK I re-raised all in for 9.5k, he called with oh a set of jacks and that was that... almost drawing dead but the turn sealed my fate....

Meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I was exhausted and had little to no motivation to play it seriously. Myself and Peter were all in on the blind at one point when he doubled up my A3 with 93s(I suspect he looked). Ended up donking it in the middle in dreadful shape and was tucked up in bed by 1. Now off to Punchestown for the day.

edit: my 1st table had funzo at it who was calling all raises with any 2 and reraising on the blind. Great craic when your kings get beaten by Q6o. The best part is he didnt put one chip in (nor did I) postflop on a QQx flop.

Advertisement