Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IV Badges

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

Just to let whoever takes over the badges (it's looking to be you panserborn) lees brothers also were the people who made the plaques for the 550 shooters which also reminds me that each club owes me 6 eur for them. I'll be around at the dcu IV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Red & Fuzzy

Hey guys, I wish I paid more attention to this board cos then I would have been able to help out a lot with those badges seeing as I was the one who suggested them in the first place. Sorry about that

You have the UCD vote for the coloured backround and I'll organise getting the money out to whoever in order to pay for the setup and initial run. I would suggest getting slightly more of each type of badge though as the prices decrease with quantity and we wont be likely to change design anytime soon.

This point is of course moot if the order has already been placed, has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Thanks UCD,

Order going out today. I'll order more of the white and black badges. They working out at 1.25 a pop and a 90 yoyo set up fee. If we need to order anymore at any time we don't have to repay that 90, just 1.25 a badge.

While you're here Red & Fuzzy, do you remember from that meeting if we had decided to follow through on the idea of each club having a gaggle of badges and giving them out to people who earn them? Instead of the current system of stampeeding whoever it is that has the bag at the end of each IV?

FYI, got word back from most clubs with the go-ahead to go through with the new badge scheme. There were a few polite grumblings from some individuals but overall seems to be authorised. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Red & Fuzzy

Great work, how much do we need to pay you guys?

I dont remember if a definite decision was made on the distribution of badges but the idea of having the clubs award them has some merit. It would allow each club to make a fuss over their archers who perform well and make the reward all the sweeter.

Not sure how much we all owe yet, will wait for the invoice. I don't mind bankrolling it for a while though so we can sort it all out later.

Cool, I'm sure there will be a meeting of some kind after the first IV to take care of anything that needs taking care of for the year, we can discuss how to distribute the badges there. Also, need to discuss how to give them out to the archers who already deserve them due to scores logged in previous years - free? or a buck a piece? Or, if the clubs are going to be looking after their own then it would be up to each club to do what they want in this regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

I never got my 450+ from Carlow :(!!

L

Got the badges yesterday. Look nice! Will scan them and post them up when I get a chance.

So, now theres 2 issues - paying for them, and distributing (spelling!) them.

1. I paid for them myself so Lee Brothers are happy, so theres no panic in getting the money. I assume all clubs will contribute equally. So thats: NUIG, GMIT, UCD, DCU, DIT, DKIT, NUIM, Carlow and UL. Anyone missing? Are RCSI joining us as well? Even so, not sure if we need to charge them, not very welcoming. I'll work out the cost per club if thats the list.

2. For distribution, we can do it as we usually do (surround the person with the bag of badges), or we can give each college a number of badges to award to their own people as required. This then allows each club the freedom to make as much a fuzz about the awardees as they want. This would mean that each club could independently order replacment badges as needed. Also, the clubs would have the freedom to either charge per badge or give for free. Basically, the award scheme would become less of a hassle as each club could have control of it in-house.

Say what ye think

In a rush so this post may not be very coherent, but ya get the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Meath Archery

If you want badges made may be you should to Robert Clarke as he is about to order new badges for the IAAA. His email address is archery@archery.ie

I'm a bit late posting this, but hey.

If the cost of the badges is split between NUIG, GMIT, UCD, DCU, DIT, DKIT, NUIM, Carlow and UL, the overall cost is €60 per college. It actually works out a bit dearer, but I'll pay the setup cost myself since I forced the issue. Since I'm late posting this, I can wait until Maynooth IV.

I'm going to split the badges between the clubs so each club can take their own proceadure to give them out in-house. I'll include details on how to re-order the badges if a club runs out of them. I'll also keep some on the side as a backup.

If a rep from each club (the captain if possible) can see me tomorrow (I'm the NUIG guy with the black compound) I'll sort ye out with yer supply.

See ye all tomorrow

MacD

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

Do you still want me to sort out the plaques for 550?

There is already another one to get (darn Harry) and there were a lot of mid 500 scores too, I think James Ryan was only 2 points off so I'd say he'll need one soon.

The best way might be to wait until the second last IV which is GMIT and see how many you need and then give them out with the end of year prizes at UL.

Anyone who breaks 550 at UL would have to wait until the next year to get their plaque

• Advertisement

Sounds like a plan.

It would be best if someone from Dublin could sort the 550 plaques to save on costs since Lee Brothers are based in Dublin.

Looks like the scores this year are going to take a right good hike up accross the board - going to be a good year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

i like the badges they look better then i imagined they would be. great job

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

So who can I talk to about getting my 550 badge :D

I'll pay the cost / post / packaging etc...

Or do I go through UL archery club?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Memori

send me an address and I'll post you your 550 badge and i'll back date all the rest too...... cause i'm a nice person. :) I won't even charge you

Hi all.

Going over the invoice of the badges and just realised - the price of 1.25 EUR I've quoted per replacement badge is before VAT - they might work out a little more as a result. About 21% more expensive no doubt!

Apologies!

Also, I've been asked about what badge is what. They are exactly the same stepwise progression as the older ones, except following the colours of a target - white, black, blue, red and gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Notafraggle

Just wanted to say from everyone in NUIG, know that's a bit bias but think it needs to be said, a big thank you and well done to Macdara for sorting and bank rolling the new IV badges.

It's been a long time coming and think he's made a great job of sorting everything out. No one asked him to do it and think that shows his commitment to the sport and the intervarsity organisation. The badges look class and really professional so well done again Mac and we really appreciate all the hard work you've put in chasing down suppliers and footing the bill yourself to get them up and running! Know it's not easy so thanks again :):):):):)

Some clubs have requested an invoice thing to claim the set-up cost of the badges back from the university / IT.

I've attached (hopefully it will work this time!) a .pdf of one, if something different is needed by any club just PM or mail me.

ATB

Coming into the new season I'm just giving this thread a bump.

If clubs need a supply of badges before the season starts then get in contact with Lee Brothers in Dublin 9

01 8621314
    01 8621315
    john.ward@leebrothers.ie
    www.leebrothers.ie

The order code for the badges is: LEE064/whatever colour you need

Anyone who needs a 550 Plaque (or 575 for compound - I think, can't remember the new score) you get them here as well.

Hi all,

I got a call from Lee Brothers asking if it was OK to supply clubs with these badges. I told them it was fine and all Irish university clubs are authorized to buy them. They were just making sure nobody was trying to buy something they had to earn.

All the best and good luck in the new IV season!

P

Advertisement