Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How often do you exceed the speed limit?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

MrPudding wrote:
    Northern driver are not responsible for all the speeding and bad driving in the South.
    Perhaps not, and I didn't say so; however in fact I can firmly state that they are responsible for ALL speeding and dangerous driving on the minor road, where I live, which links the Border to the M1. Anyway this is going off topic so I apologise, but I felt I had to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Perhaps not, and I didn't say so; however in fact I can firmly state that they are responsible for ALL speeding and dangerous driving on the minor road, where I live, which links the Border to the M1. Anyway this is going off topic so I apologise, but I felt I had to clarify.

You or a team of trained observers must be working round the clock monitoring, recording and collating data on vehicular speed and driver behaviour along your stretch to come up with that whopper of a statistic. Fair play to you though, that sort of dedication is truely admirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

:rolleyes:

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Oh and you also hate all southern drivers cos they cant drive?
    Ahahahaha. Good stuff.

I have reread my post a number of times now and I can't find the bit where I say I hate all southern drivers. Would you mind quoting it for me please?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

Depends on how much i have to drink !!

Sparks400 wrote:

LMFAO

Finally someone gets the irony...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I'd usually be around 20 kph over the limit on main roads and motorways, but I'm slower around town, so many kids, bikes, cyclists and idiots. I agree with many of the posters here, I don't begrudge anyone driving at the limit, but for God's sake don't be blocking the overtaking lane or sitting in the middle of the road with acres of hard shoulder to let a few cars by. Rules of the Road allow it, and it isn't dangerous if you do it right.

I can sympathise with Srameen's point of view, but he (and I) have to accept that there are different driving styles out there, and we have a duty to each other to allow each other safe passage, this includes driving at reasonable speed and allowing other vehicles to pass you when they wish to, so long as its safe to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Quote:Originally Posted by Sandwich
    Driving for 16 years.10000-14000miles/yr.

Can state without exageration that I have not driven a single journey without exceeding the speed limit.
    Quote:
    el tel wrote:
    Dosen't Sandwich mean he has exceeded the speed limit on every single journey? That's what I understand from his statement.

Crikey, the English language! To clarify - every time I have driven my car i have exceeded the speed limit for some portion of the journey.

Normally in the 50kph, former 30mph, zones. Typically exceeded by 5. On my 3 mile, 4 time a day trip to work, even when doing that speed, it will be normal to have some one up my exhaust annoyed i am delaying them, as the road has no overtaking possibilities.

However, without contradicting my initial true statement, i would probably not be considered a speeder even by safer/lawabiding folk. I have never in my life driven more than 20kph above the limit. Speeds up to 20 over, probably only a handful of times, for a few seconds when overtaking, and many years ago (yes - young, inexperienced, learner drive with the indestructibility belief of youth).

I would never exceed 120 on the motorway today, and would more often than not observe 80kph limits on old 60mph backroads - something which seems to be an exception.

Of my driving time I would guess maybe 20% of it is spent above the limit.

Nevertheless :

I exceed a speed limit everytime I get into my car and always have done.

Advertisement