Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Yr Arts exams

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Yeah that sound sright there. You can get thge exam papers in the library though they are not up on the webiste yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

Thanks for that! So could i just study political culture,State of Nature and Realism and Liberalism, and pass do you think? got about 6 hours to study, so trying to cut it down a little!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

roberta c wrote:
    Thanks for that! So could i just study political culture,State of Nature and Realism and Liberalism, and pass do you think? got about 6 hours to study, so trying to cut it down a little!:)

Freaky, they are the exact same subjects I'm studying as well.

Best of luck anyway.;)

Wahey ye were right thanks for that!:)

This is what I've got for Philosophy...

Existentialism

-Freedom
    -Bad Faith
    -Choice
    -Human Solidarity
    -Situation and Other People

Philosophy Of Mind

-Dualism
    -Behaviourism
    -Identity Theory
    -Eliminativism
    -Functionalism

Ethics(only getting asked three Q's out of the five below topics)

-Feminism
    -Intuitionism
    -Moral Universalism
    -Kantian Ethics
    -Utiltarianism

Problem is I don't know if we are getting asked anything on the Plato section, possibly the exam is split into four sections and we only have to answer three Q's.Not really sure whats happening frankly.

• Advertisement

Why wouldnt we be getting anything on the plato section? i thought i was sorted for this one but looking at all that.... not so sorted!
    are you sure theres only 3 questions on the paper?

I was hoping you or Fabio would know.

I'm guessing that we are getting asked about Plato and that we have to choose to do 3 Q's from the 4 sections.

I'm just going to try revise all the sections n do what i can before monday! i emailed the lecturers there but i doubt they'l get back to me, esp. before monday!

We should be getting an option of Q's on all of the 4 sections - 5 on Existentialism, 5 on Philosophy of Mind, 3 on Ethics and I assume something on Plato.So doing all sections is not needed methinks but if you want to cover all bases...

Basically I'm just doing Dualism, Plato and 3 sections of Ethics.However I'm not continuing the subject and not too bothered about how I do in the exam.

yeah me neither i just want to pass this one! what your doing sounds good, i'm gonna do that you were right the last time.

but if i fail i'm blaming you!:)

• Advertisement

:eek: If thats the case, please cover Existentialism...

Just in case.;)

Well that was a complete disaster.

Anyone know when the results are coming out?I'm hoping that I don't have to repeat my failed Philosophy exam to carry on to next year, do I?:(

Advertisement