Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Yr Arts exams

Options
  • 18-04-2007 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi, I'm in Dublin at the moment without my phone or bag, so I'm kinda stuck. Does anyone have the dates for the history, economics, estudies and sociology exams handy? I'm trying to find out when I need to be back by. The ucc website doesn't seem to have them up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Have the Arts exam times been put up or something in the college?Revision class times?

If they have tell me where to find them and I'll post your times tomorrow, if you wish.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

They should have put the timetable up on students.ucc.ie (under Timetable Entry)

Apparently they are up in the North Wing but I see nothing resembling 'Timetable Entry' here.Mind you the UCC site seems deeply retarded to me so I probably missed it.

Anyone know anything about revision classes for History/ Philosophy/ Politics/ English?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

http://sit.ucc.ie

MyUCC Student Administration (Left Side Panel)
    New Window Opens Up
    Student Enquiry
    Examination Time Table Entry

I always thought first years got a letter in the post wiht the times of exams and locations.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

Yeah, I tried there, but my account got "globally locked", think I entered the wrong password one time too many.:D I'm just trying to figure out if it's the end of this month, or the 8th of May?

• Advertisement

There is a week and a half left until we have a week revision classes, then exams start.

Once again though anyone know anything about these revision classes?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

And how many hours are you guys studying? I've kinda only started...

Thanks for the help, fellas.

I haven't started studying yet, always do my best work the morning of the exam.

Fabio wrote:
    And how many hours are you guys studying? I've kinda only started...

Doing a few hours a few days a week.Only really worried about the stuff we did in History before Christmas, didn't really pay attention.The exam results for our political theory test in politics are up in case people didn't notice,got a 70.

I was delighted with the Political Philosophy/Theory (Alfred Moore's one anyway)...got 71!!!!!

What is a few hours to you? I've been meaning to do 4 hours per day til lthe exams but havent yet....it's like I cannot motivate myself and end up on here or out walking or whatever.

It's kinda like I don't know where to begin....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

I havent even started yet, am begining to panic!
    I just cant seem to settle down to it for some reason..

Does anyonw know what the story is with the revision classes? are we supposed to guess when there on?...

Yeah I've basically stopped studying now.The timetable for the exams is very easy on me and I'm very confident about politics.I do need to recap on my European/Irish History classes though.Philosophy/Politics/English/Cold War History seem fairly clear to me.

Trying to get info on the revision.There are History classes set up for 9:00 am on Monday and Wendesday morning in Boole 4, but no info on whats being taught.Ring the school tomorrow and see what the deal is, we have tutorials again right?

Orizio wrote:
    Yeah I've basically stopped studying now.The timetable for the exams is very easy on me and I'm very confident about politics.I do need to recap on my European/Irish History classes though.Philosophy/Politics/English/Cold War History seem fairly clear to me.

Trying to get info on the revision.There are History classes set up for 9:00 am on Monday and Wendesday morning in Boole 4, but no info on whats being taught.Ring the school tomorrow and see what the deal is, we have tutorials again right?

Politics is fine yeah. The Irish History is very broad though so I'll have to work on that and English too. Sociology should be ok as I've a ncie structure to what to do.

Forget it, class at 9:00 am Monday morning on East/West History.I assume the other English/History classes for that week in Boole 4 are revision?

Feckin' haven't gotten up for a 9 o'clock class since christmas...:p

So anybody know whats up with the English class at 11 tomorrow?

Everybody at uni was clueless.

i dont know, just happened to be by the english dept and saw it was on..

Hmm...what Enlgish?! I don't think nayone knew it was on!!!

Anyone here confused about Chaucer's stuff on English paper 2?!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Is the English paper using the same format as last year? ie what sections come up in what paper?

Format pretty much the same as last year.

Are we getting an option of questions on Beowulf/Hamer or what?And are we supposed to compare America/Ozymandias or just America alone?

What is the story with language and society? how many questions do we get for it?

i have to go read the entire book now.. :( only have a few hours too do it!

• Advertisement

No need to read the entire book.

Just go over your notes and there will definately be a question which asks you to date a passage and gioves you four options - pick one and explain why you choose it. She ran through it in lectures like and broke it down nicely. Should be an ok question.

Chaucer stuff will not be a laugh though!!!

And how can you compare Wuthering Heights and Canterbury Tales?!"

English went alright overall I guess, just hope I pass.Not continuing it next year so not too bothered.

Got 1656 for the dating of the passage...?

Next up History.The Irish part might be annoying, not sure what to study exactly.

How are ye getting on? Any ideas as to what's coming up on History papers?

Also, does anyone have the passwords for the HI modules on blackboard? I sent the history dep. an email but they haven't got back to me.

colomba and himed1001 are the two (i think).

I'm hoping for Constantine, the rise of the Arabs and the First Crusade in the East/West and Cummann na nGaedhal,Fianna fail 1932-48 and Ireland during WW2 in the Irish paper.If they don't come up I could be in trouble.

Anyone know anything about the layout of the Cold War paper?

The medievil history paper was a complete and utter boll**** for me as Constantine did not come up as I was hoping it would. I'll be honest and say I hated all of that section of the history course and so didn't do enough study for it!

However I flew through the modern Irish section doing the question of Cummann na nGaedheal and the one on the economy in the sixties - two gems for me there!

I'll get back to ya all later about US Foreiogn Policy layouts...

I'm fairly sure the late antiquity question was about Constantine,although I did the first crusade and the rise of islam.

The Cold War exam seems to be spilt into two sections, 13 question in total.Little annoying, but I should be alright if Guatemala and Reagan come out.Looking at Carter and the Origins of the Cold War as well.

Fingers crossed for The Origins of the Cold War or Cuban Missile Crisis for me!

I'll have two back up's ready but I really would prefer to not have to....

Anyway about late anmtiquity - yeah that was Constantine I think, though I didi not realise until out of the exam hall!
    I made a right balls of that paper but I'll make up for it with today's US Froegin Policy and Friday's Modern Ireland peper I hope.

I did Guatemala(went well) and The Reagan Doctrine(eeehhhh...)Would have done better if I had picked more straight forward sections to study.

Overall History could have been a lot worse.

Not sure about how many q's we are getting per section in Politics?Last years papers aren't up on UCC.

Yeah whats with that? the same with philosophy, did the courses change this year?

• Advertisement

This is what I have on politics...

1. Irish Politics (Option of 8 q's)

- Political Culture
    - Political Parties
    - Party System
    - Electoral System
    - Parliaments (The Dail and Seanad)
    - Political Parties 2
    - Political Participation

2. Political Philosophy (Option of 6 q's)

- Liberalism
    - Democracy
    - State of Nature ?
    - Social Contract ?
    - ???
    - ???

3. World Politics (Option of 7 q's)

- Realism and Liberalism
    - International Political Economy
    - Post-war World Order
    - United Nations and De-colonization
    - Globalization
    - Ideas In Politics
    - Terrorism

Philosophy is still a while off.Hope that helps.;)

Advertisement