Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Does anyone know what the song is that is played in the background for "You're A Star" when they are picking the final people out for the voting show?
    Its like a violin thats sad and then gets faster and happier (kinda):p

Edit:
    Ah the internet, what a great place! Its on the end of this, go to 3:20 to fast forward the pain... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RMyIksi30

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Anyone know what the background music on the FILM4 Ad is, the one for: Laurence of arabia, Anthony and Chleopatra, I think school of rock is in there as well etc loads more. Sounds a bit Pink Floyd, but I don't know what it is.

Also,

For Sky subscribers, When you press Services on your remote does anyone know who any of the background tracks are?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

AdrianR wrote:
    Anyone know what the background music on the FILM4 Ad is, the one for: Laurence of arabia, Anthony and Chleopatra, I think school of rock is in there as well etc loads more. Sounds a bit Pink Floyd, but I don't know what it is.
    I could be very VERY wrong..

.. but i think i saw that ad at the weekend. And can somewhat hear the music in my head (among the voices telling me to burn things! :D).. and i'll take a shot in the dark and say The Vines "Ride"

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dvega

Anyone know that song from the advert for the ispcc. the one where they are looking for sponsers for children been beatin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Colla

Ooops it seems like I posted this in the wrong bit of the forum .

So I,ll try again.
    Hopefully there are 2 links below to very small segments of tracks. Ignore the micro second of sound at the start of each track it was very dodgily edited .
    I am trying to find out the artist and track name for each one.

Hopefully I have got that right.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Colla

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Hey all,anyone have any idea what the theme tune in the ads for this years Ryder Cup was? The ad that finished up with "this will be epic".It was kinda a piano instrumental. Any help greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hey all,anyone have any idea what the theme tune in the ads for this years Ryder Cup was? The ad that finished up with "this will be epic".It was kinda a piano instrumental. Any help greatly appreciated :)
    "Summer Overture" by Clint Mansell form the film Requiem for a Dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

BaZmO* wrote:
    "Summer Overture" by Clint Mansell form the film Requiem for a Dream.

BaZmO you're a life-saver! Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?videoid=OTMzMTB8NzI%3D&cat=3

Anyone know the title of the song in that video?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

useful website i've found for music featured on ads etc is www.commercialbreaksandbeats.com

excellent find!!

Mods, anywhere this link could be put so everyone who comes to this thread sees it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

i know theres answers to a couple of the bulmers/magneres ads floating about but does anyone know the song on the new bulmers ad?the newest one, stay with me or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

i know theres answers to a couple of the bulmers/magneres ads floating about but does anyone know the song on the new bulmers ad?the newest one, stay with me or something?
    INXS - Beautiful Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

INXS - Beautiful Girl

just logged onto to say i found it when i changed bulmers to magners in google, thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bennyx_o wrote:
    http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?videoid=OTMzMTB8NzI%3D&cat=3

Anyone know the title of the song in that video?

Cheers.

Well the line at the start is "I can't get no sleep" so I'm guessing it's a remix of Faithless 'Insomnia'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Does anyone know the Christmas song that has no words to it, its just an electric guitar and some irratating tune. Anyone know it?
    Thats as much as I could narrow it down.
    It is always being played in Dunnes stores.

Also anyone know the scooter song were it is like a tin wistle tune?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Does anyone know that new song with all the whisling in it.Its always on the radio.It has like that heavy bass line & the whisling for the chorus I think.Its has that kind of stoner vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Is it the song from the Bud ad where all the stuff gets stuck to the guys walking to the barbecue?

If it is it's Peter, Bjorn and John "Young Folks"

If not, I don't know :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Pharcyde

If it's the one from the Miller ad with the guy cycling down-hill to and from the shops it's Takako Minekawa - Fantastic Cat .

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Thank lads for helping me out it was Peter, Bjorn and John "Young Folks"
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Plug wrote:
    Does anyone know the Christmas song that has no words to it, its just an electric guitar and some irratating tune. Anyone know it?
    Thats as much as I could narrow it down.
    It is always being played in Dunnes stores.
    Sounds like "In Dulci Jubilo" by Mike Oldfield

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

BaZmO* wrote:
    Sounds like "In Dulci Jubilo" by Mike Oldfield
    What a bad song, thanks thats it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Could anyone tell me the name of and the artist of the following:

Chorus is "duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh" X2 I think.

Pop/Rock sound to it, fast enough tempo and, though the lyrics don't suggest it, the chorus is kinda catchy. Sorry for the lack of information but that's all I could make out.

Google has not been helpful so any ideas would be welcome:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

right lads and lassies

whats this song called, about 10 yrs old or more, dance-ish. goes like i got a key, hey hey, nah nah nah...........etc etc...!
    driving me nutz, and a club played it over chrimbo and this zany english girl had a key chain and she goes wagging it at me when the song is on,,....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 silverangel

legs11 wrote:
    right lads and lassies

whats this song called, about 10 yrs old or more, dance-ish. goes like i got a key, hey hey, nah nah nah...........etc etc...!
    driving me nutz, and a club played it over chrimbo and this zany english girl had a key chain and she goes wagging it at me when the song is on,,....

Urban Cookie Collective - The Key the Secret

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There you are young lad. €5 please.
    Yay! The fiver is with you in spirit (or beer if you prefer!) I owe you one. For the record, it's Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jimmy_Jazz

spurious wrote:
    http://www.nerinapallot.com/

She plays The Village in Dublin next February.

Sounds from the description that the song was 'Sophia'

That's the one. Expect your toffee apple in the post within 3-4 working days. Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

dairygold omega 3 butter ad? where the kid does his dads sudoku puzzle.song is by a female artist,i think i recognise her voice but cant place it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

homerjk wrote:
    Does anyone know what the song is that is played in the background for "You're A Star" when they are picking the final people out for the voting show?
    Its like a violin thats sad and then gets faster and happier (kinda):p

Edit:
    Ah the internet, what a great place! Its on the end of this, go to 3:20 to fast forward the pain... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RMyIksi30

Bump!
    Anybody have a clue on this? I find myself tuning into this trash just to hear it!

Advertisement