Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

did anybody see Bazs Extreme Worlds on rte2 earlier tonight(31st of May)?there was a song on it,kind of half way through the programme.it was a mashup of an acapella of the Muse track "Supermassive Black Hole" with what i think was Booker Ts "Green Onions".i have looked around for the track but to no avail.does anybody no the proper title of the track or is it on youtube?

cheers!
    Rud

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

What's the song on the radio ad for Failte Ireland, talks about different things to on holidays in ireland, has a kid that asks his dad if its 'a canoe or a kayak'.
    The song is very faint in the background, kinda sounds like Tegan & Sara (Could be someone completely different but thought i heard that strong american accent)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carol_1985

Hi guys,

Looking for the name of a song. It's sung by a woman and its always on the radio. Some of the lyrics are " Don't let him in, I wouldn't if I were you". Anyone have any ideas, I really like the song. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Carol_1985 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking for the name of a song. It's sung by a woman and its always on the radio. Some of the lyrics are " Don't let him in, I wouldn't if I were you". Anyone have any ideas, I really like the song. Thanks

Cathy Davey , Little Red...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

revz wrote: »
    What's the song on the radio ad for Failte Ireland, talks about different things to on holidays in ireland, has a kid that asks his dad if its 'a canoe or a kayak'.
    The song is very faint in the background, kinda sounds like Tegan & Sara (Could be someone completely different but thought i heard that strong american accent)

Remember When by Heathers I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

hi, just wondering does any1 know the dance song that has the chorus--- ''but you don't even care''. Played a alot on i102104, keep missing the name:mad: cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

robbie_998 wrote: »
    heard this earlier dunno the name or anything of it but i think it might be irish... not sure though.

all i can remember is a woman singing (kinda like sinead o connor style)

ooh touch me.... relax in my arms .... or something like that.

cheers

To add more on this it was either 80's or 90's when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

robbie_998 wrote: »
    To add more on this it was either 80's or 90's when it came out.

Sam Fox - Touch me ?

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

gustavo wrote: »
    Sam Fox - Touch me ?

:o

no... it had more of a gentle mellow to it... well maybe not a lot but less than that anyway. :(

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Anyone know this?
    Starts at 4:50 at gets more noticable at around 5:10 and then continues throughout,no lyrics or anything so I've no idea!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

storm2811 wrote: »
    Anyone know this?
    Starts at 4:50 at gets more noticable at around 5:10 and then continues throughout,no lyrics or anything so I've no idea!!

It's Words by Doves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Thanks,I'm actually a bit of a fan but didn't have a clue what that song was.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

This is an old song and I can't remeber the name of the people who sing it or what it's called but it goes something like:
    She's my sister,she's my sister don't you know!
    He's my brother,he's my brother don't you know!

If you could let me know if you know what the song is it'd be great! Thanks!

EDIT: It's ok now! I've found it! The Housemartins!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Looking for the name of a song. Not really a fan of the genre so best way i could describe it would be a "dance" song. There doesn't appear to be many lyrics. But the (male) vocalist keeps saying "Yeah Yeah" throughout.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hugsandkisses

Does anyone know the name of any good Mel C songs?
    Ta.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Does anyone know the name of any good Mel C songs?
    Ta.:confused:

Although I'm not a big Mel C fan I quite like 'Never Be The Same Again' and 'I Turn To You'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Degag wrote: »
    Looking for the name of a song. Not really a fan of the genre so best way i could describe it would be a "dance" song. There doesn't appear to be many lyrics. But the (male) vocalist keeps saying "Yeah Yeah" throughout.

Cheers.

This maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone know the tune on the current Vodafone ad? Sounds like Delorentos but I don't think it is.

Edit: Got it; Two Door Cinema Club [providing all your mobile phone ad music needs it would seem :p]

What the sopng that they are using on the leading ladies movie season on RTE? It sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

What the sopng that they are using on the leading ladies movie season on RTE? It sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Anyone id this might be a bit vague as i have only heard it twice i would describe it as a fast guitar and drum tune lyrics are something like this let me go out i start talking u start walking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

If any of you watch Comedy Central, you'll have seen the ad for Spaceballs, but it's the song I'd love to know!

It's a high pitched voice, and all I can make out is she's saying Spaceman, calling Mr.Spaceman.

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 germwarfare

Anyone know the name of the song during RTE's world cup competition promotion? They always show it during the coverage....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ptallant

Don't really know where to post this yous are looking like the best option... i'm trying to root out a few dance/techno classics..what i really want is a few names of tunes that dj pressure use to play... any ideas would be great...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BlackrockGal

Hiya,
    Does anyone know the name of the song in the new RTE advert for the show 'Living with ... Meningitis'. There is one man singing and I think the lyrics include 'the (game?) of life'. I know I've heard it before, but I can't think what it is.
    Any help would be great, as I keep humming it and it's getting bad!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

ptallant wrote: »
    Don't really know where to post this yous are looking like the best option... i'm trying to root out a few dance/techno classics..what i really want is a few names of tunes that dj pressure use to play... any ideas would be great...thanks
    You should take a look at the asylum thread its been going for four years plus now and is full of pressure mixes and he made many a tape back in the day he really cashed in on his popularity many hardcore ravers think he was **** because he played a lot of commercial stuff also played some good pumping stuff in his asylum days anyway here is a couple of his favs De delorme spainish fly, joe inferno tibal church, nikolai ready to flow, cosmonautica, bedrock for what you dream off, dop lion also check out a site called nioldskool its full of old mixes and tunes from pressure dilly thyme ed case mick walsh warren k liam dollard and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Anyone know the name of the song during RTE's world cup competition promotion? They always show it during the coverage....

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shepherd13

Anyone know what the music from the vodafone in a box add is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

In the M83 remix of the Pioneers by Bloc Party, what is the background track, if any? It sounds familiar in its own right.

Anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzaAHRhr5EY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

In the M83 remix of the Pioneers by Bloc Party, what is the background track, if any? It sounds familiar in its own right.

Anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzaAHRhr5EY

Sounds just like a synth in the background tbh,

Advertisement