Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hi guys..

Just wondering if I can get some help with this. I know it's a long shot but here goes. My Granny was singing this song tonight and none of the family have heard it before. It's probably a 1940s-1950s song because she's 88.

Here are the lyrics we have...

"Years come and go and I'm still the same.
    Our romance was never to be.
    I'm sure you'll find someone to care about
    But what's gonna happen to me?"

I'll edit if we get some more.

Thanks again. I know it's a long shot but no harm in trying.

Jane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

dorgasm wrote: »
    what's that song from the new ad for meteor free internet and texts?

Two Door Cinema Club - Undercover Martyn

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

Can anyone tell me the name of the song on the new Criminal Minds ad on RTE??? Its just instrumental but I know its a girl that sings the song and in the video she's like an indian or something... And there's a horse in it lol!!! I seen the video not long ago and remember looking her up but never saved anything and can't remember anything about the song at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

I posted a thread on this as i didnt see this thread but does anyone know the name of that song sang by the bard sisters on tonights Late Late, beatiful song...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

This is a real long shot I know, but here goes anyhoo...

I came across this song I really liked a few months back, of course can't remember the name of either the song or band at all now!

It was by a French band, and the video for the song was set in renaissance style - think ladies dressed in Marie Antoinette gear, men in wigs and tights, very theatrical and dramatic.

Yes, I'm no help whatsoever, can't think of any lyrics or anything, but it's doing my head in today to get this song! agh!

I gather they're a fairly well known French band, both male and female members, kinda vampy/gothic perhaps?

Agh! Why can't I remember! :confused::o :mad: :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Found it! :D

For anyone interested it was; Mozart Opera Rock - Tattoo Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZ7-Hcnuko

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

Does anyone who the band was that closed out Craig Doyles show last saturday night (1st May) Can't find it anywhere!

okay. found it on rte real player. James Vincent McMorrow. yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

dorgasm wrote: »
    what's that song from the new ad for meteor free internet and texts?

Nina simmone, with felix da housecat is in a new phone add, think its meteor!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcEiEyylEA

I put a message up here sometime back for a song that was played at the end of the man city v man utd game coverage on sky sports!
    It went something like "in this city, in this street, this is my city, this is my counrty", was kind of a rap song mixed with the streets
    does anyone know the name of it??????????
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Anybody remember the music from The Movie Show(?) with Dave Fanning on RTE? It's a mainly piano piece and possibly an instrumental. It was also played briefly on one of those Time Life CD collection ads but I never got the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Right I guess this is a long shot, there's a lyric stuck in my head for the best part of twenty years. I know exactly where i was when i heard it and swear I haven't heard it since. It simply goes "let me tell you a joke, before my dad let me smoke"....... cant even remember if i liked the song, that line just stuck with me.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

GopErthike wrote: »
    Right I guess this is a long shot, there's a lyric stuck in my head for the best part of twenty years. I know exactly where i was when i heard it and swear I haven't heard it since. It simply goes "let me tell you a joke, before my dad let me smoke"....... cant even remember if i liked the song, that line just stuck with me.

Any ideas?

Jib take it easy on that weed...

Jib take it easy on that weed...

Wrong forum then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Fabio

Hi guys,

Don;t often post in this section but I was reading the Interpol thread with interest (one of my fav bands) and a song popped into my head that I had seen on MTV the other day.

I can't remember the name of the band but the song is called "Without You". It's kinda hard to do a Google search for this cos a helluva lot of songs are titled "without you"!!!!

Anyway I was just wondering if any of the experts in here can point me in the right direction as regards who the artist is. It's a newish song, might be just released actually and the music video is quite obviously inspired by Soviet era commercials and it's kinda subtitled too (with built in mistakes).

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Music Forum to be merged into "What's That Song" Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Fabio

Woops sorry JL.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Hi all,

There's a song and the lyrics go "I need a revelation..." The remedies that play in the Kazbar in Waterford always play it. Anyone have any idea of the artist or song title?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dangerdunf wrote: »
    Hi all,

There's a song and the lyrics go "I need a revelation..." The remedies that play in the Kazbar in Waterford always play it. Anyone have any idea of the artist or song title?

Revelate by the Frames?? - the description's a bit vague tbf but the chorus is - "sometimes I need a revelation"

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

PaulieC wrote: »
    Revelate by the Frames?? - the description's a bit vague tbf but the chorus is - "sometimes I need a revelation"

Ya thats the song. Thank you very much.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ya thats the song. Thank you very much.:D

No bother - very good band - that song's from the album Set List which is epic

No bother - very good band - that song's from the album Set List which is epic

Its from Fitzcarraldo originally.

• Advertisement

Anyone know that tune advertising the champions league final , dramatic sort of a song , think it wasused in a guiness add a few years back...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Anyone know that tune advertising the champions league final , dramatic sort of a song , think it wasused in a guiness add a few years back...

Haven't seen the ad, this by any chance?

L'prof wrote: »
    Haven't seen the ad, this by any chance?

Something similar to that l'prof but not that one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

This one by any chance? Didn't see the Champions League ad so I'm going by the Guinness ad!

eamon234 wrote: »
    This one by any chance? Didn't see the Champions League ad so I'm going by the Guinness ad!

Eamonn now that youve mentioned this song i realise the song im talking of actually wasnt in a guiness add , i was getting it confused with this song uv posted.. I think the song was out in 2000 possibly re-realeased , not sure ..

Yer on the right lines anyway lads , its a dramatic theme to it , similar to adagio for strings..

Yer on the right lines anyway lads , its a dramatic theme to it , similar to adagio for strings..

I'm sure as someone sees the ad you'll have your answer. I can't really think at the moment, sorry. Was it an RTE ad?

Just saw the ad there, I think this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

hello. does anyone have any idea of the song/music being played in the most recent ad for tom dunnes show? its played on newstalk the whole time. very familiar but cant put my finger on it

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    Just saw the ad there, I think this is it.

Jesus L Prof way off there, must be a different add....

Advertisement