Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    ok will post photo later in meantime i have wired the panic buttons as your diagram.i have two one in bedroom and one in hall i have used the two spare wires at the rkp for the one in the hall and have seperate line from beedroom can i now wire these two into the same zone at panel or will i have to wire them different and are these what you call id sewnsors and would they go in zones 5 to 8 or it does not matter

You have them wired in dual end of line, they will need there own zone to work. You can install them on any zone once you change the zone to dual end of line plus instead of alarm they are set up as a panic. They are not ID sensors.

here is photo of pir

Can you post a better picture, i need to be able to see the connectors for the diagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    Can you post a better picture, i need to be able to see the connectors for the diagram.

ok i will use to seperate zones for panic buttons.hope this photo is better for you

ok i will use to seperate zones for panic buttons.hope this photo is better for you

Still no better..

Still no better..

will send better photo later

i have two windows in kitchen and both have two openings, each with a sensor.so four sensors alltogether,they have there own wire going back to panel.
    can i bridge these out at panel and wire these two windows together on one zone

• Advertisement

will send better photo later

i have two windows in kitchen and both have two openings, each with a sensor.so four sensors alltogether,they have there own wire going back to panel.
    can i bridge these out at panel and wire these two windows together on one zone

It can be done this way but the more sensors on a zone the harder it will be to trouble shoot for you if you ever have problems. You said you have a SW16120, adding extra zones on might make it easier in the long run.

I have done a diagram with two inertia/contacts. It is complicated enough to do what you want unless your use to it.

It can be done this way but the more sensors on a zone the harder it will be to trouble shoot for you if you ever have problems. You said you have a SW16120, adding extra zones on might make it easier in the long run.

I have done a diagram with two inertia/contacts. It is complicated enough to do what you want unless your use to it.
    i have the sensors wired this way already on each window.this is the same as your diagram for dual end of line wiring ok i will put them on seperate zones just two sensors on each zone.
    i have added a four zone expander on to box already and wired it as you told me into the rkp terminals.
    if i fit a digi dialler do i need to keep a spare zone for this.
    will send photo later of the pir.

i have the sensors wired this way already on each window.this is the same as your diagram for dual end of line wiring ok i will put them on seperate zones just two sensors on each zone.
    i have added a four zone expander on to box already and wired it as you told me into the rkp terminals.
    if i fit a digi dialler do i need to keep a spare zone for this.
    will send photo later of the pir.

You have the option of adding 120 zones on to the panel you have.

If you fit the SW-DMTC to the panel, you dont need any zones for this. It will plug straight onto the board.

If you fit the SW-DMTC to the panel, you dont need any zones for this. It will plug straight onto the board.

here are more photos of my pir hope they are better also photos of my smoke/heat alarm.Have two one in hall and one on landing they have a link wire between the two and then one wire going back to panel

another

• Advertisement

Sorry tangoman,

The pictures are not clear enough to view the terminals to show you how to connect them. With the pirs there seems to be links for resistors, i will need to see them also to do the diagram.

Sorry tangoman,

The pictures are not clear enough to view the terminals to show you how to connect them. With the pirs there seems to be links for resistors, i will need to see them also to do the diagram.

sorry i will have to get a lend of a good camera and take more photos later thanks.the terminals on it are
    +- data alarm tamper nothing in terminals.

just to recap on what i have done so far.
    all windows with one opening i have fitted a single sensor and wired as your diagram for single end of line.the three windows with two openings i have fitted a sensor to each and wired as your dual end of line.on back door i have also fitted a single sensor and on front door just a contact.i have fitted the outside box and wired it and fitted the 4k7 resistor.i have fitted and wired the rkp and also the two panic buttons.is this all correct so far.

my panel is an 8 zone with an 8 zone expander.the expander has 4 zones on top and four zones on bottom.on left side there are terminals marked 1234 and i have connected these to the main panel terminals marked 1234 remote rkp/exp
    .on other side of expander it has terminals
    inc ino ic 2nc 2no 2c
    are these for smoke heat alarms.
    i have two alarms fitted one on landing with a wire from panel and then a link wire from that to the one in hall can i wire these together on one zone

i will start to wire the 8 zone expander next and you said i can use any zone for anything is this right,
    thanks would be lost without your help,
    Albert

Sorry tangoman,

more photos dont know if any better for you

sorry i will have to get a lend of a good camera and take more photos later thanks.the terminals on it are
    +- data alarm tamper nothing in terminals.

just to recap on what i have done so far.
    all windows with one opening i have fitted a single sensor and wired as your diagram for single end of line.the three windows with two openings i have fitted a sensor to each and wired as your dual end of line.on back door i have also fitted a single sensor and on front door just a contact.i have fitted the outside box and wired it and fitted the 4k7 resistor.i have fitted and wired the rkp and also the two panic buttons.is this all correct so far.

my panel is an 8 zone with an 8 zone expander.the expander has 4 zones on top and four zones on bottom.on left side there are terminals marked 1234 and i have connected these to the main panel terminals marked 1234 remote rkp/exp
    .on other side of expander it has terminals
    inc ino ic 2nc 2no 2c
    are these for smoke heat alarms.
    i have two alarms fitted one on landing with a wire from panel and then a link wire from that to the one in hall can i wire these together on one zone

i will start to wire the 8 zone expander next and you said i can use any zone for anything is this right,
    thanks would be lost without your help,
    Albert

Always happy to help Albert,

The pir you have is a point ID pir. I would use them this way if i was installing them. If you are using a few of these you could wire them in + -for power then one core into the data terminal on the pir. Back at the panel put the data cable in the point ID zone (open the left side of the zone leaving the link in. put the data cable in and tighten the terminal back up). If your using more than one of these you can install 10 on any of the point ZONES 5,6,7,8, just twist the data cables together if you are using more than one.

You should only put 1 smoke detector or heat detector on a zone. + - for power then wire in C, N/C. this will go into the alarm side of the zone in the panel. Zone need to be set up as fire.

Any problems, let me know.

Always happy to help Albert,

The pir you have is a point ID pir. I would use them this way if i was installing them. If you are using a few of these you could wire them in + -for power then one core into the data terminal on the pir. Back at the panel put the data cable in the point ID zone (open the left side of the zone leaving the link in. put the data cable in and tighten the terminal back up). If your using more than one of these you can install 10 on any of the point ZONES 5,6,7,8, just twist the data cables together if you are using more than one.

You should only put 1 smoke detector or heat detector on a zone. + - for power then wire in C, N/C. this will go into the alarm side of the zone in the panel. Zone need to be set up as fire.

Any problems, let me know.

you never said if what i have done so far is correct.

i just have the one pir at the moment.so am i only using three wires to wire it,-+ and data.and no wires in alarm or tamper just putting the data wire in to any zone on left hand terminal and leaving link in.

problem with my smoke alarms i only have a link between the two and just one wire going to panel so how can i wire these seperate as i need four wires for each

thanks

you never said if what i have done so far is correct.

You are correct so far but you have had a good teacher ;)
    i just have the one pir at the moment.so am i only using three wires to wire it,-+ and data.and no wires in alarm or tamper just putting the data wire in to any zone on left hand terminal and leaving link in.

Thats correct, just make sure its on zone 5,6,7 or 8.

problem with my smoke alarms i only have a link between the two and just one wire going to panel so how can i wire these seperate as i need four wires for each

thanks

There is a way around everything. If you have a six core cable going to the smoke detector you can double up on the power, leaving 4 cores to be split between the two detector.

Another way to do this if you only have 4 cores is use point ID modules. Wire them in the same as the pir but double up the cables going from the first ID module to the second ID module. You now have two points two wire the smoke detectors off. These can also be wired in the same point ID zone as the pir back in the panel.

You are correct so far but you have had a good teacher ;)

Thats correct, just make sure its on zone 5,6,7 or 8.

There is a way around everything. If you have a six core cable going to the smoke detector you can double up on the power, leaving 4 cores to be split between the two detector.

Another way to do this if you only have 4 cores is use point ID modules. Wire them in the same as the pir but double up the cables going from the first ID module to the second ID module. You now have two points two wire the smoke detectors off. These can also be wired in the same point ID zone as the pir back in the panel.

ok teacher i have 6 core cable for alarm and link.have linked out the two wires for power at alarms and split the other 4 two for each alarm.at the expander panel i have terminals marked 1nc 1no 1c and 2nc 2no 2c do i connect into these 1nc 1c 2nc 2c or to a zone 5 6 7 8.

there are also terminals marked fire pa alarm dis arm these are maked 01 02 03 04 what are these for

have only one pir at moment but may fit more later so have wired in zone 5 and left in link in tamper and link in alarm and put data wire into the left side of alarm link.

there are only one set of - + 12 v on board so i pressume all power supplies just go to there for alarm and pir

have plug on main board marked expansion socket what is this for also there

ok teacher i have 6 core cable for alarm and link.have linked out the two wires for power at alarms and split the other 4 two for each alarm.at the expander panel i have terminals marked 1nc 1no 1c and 2nc 2no 2c do i connect into these 1nc 1c 2nc 2c or to a zone 5 6 7 8.

Thats correct. You can wire them into any zone.
    there are also terminals marked fire pa alarm dis arm these are maked 01 02 03 04 what are these for

These are reporting outputs.
    have only one pir at moment but may fit more later so have wired in zone 5 and left in link in tamper and link in alarm and put data wire into the left side of alarm link.

Thats correct, you will need to ID this device onto the alarm.
    there are only one set of - + 12 v on board so i pressume all power supplies just go to there for alarm and pir

If you find you need more space putting the connections in you can run a cable from the 12v and connect them all together in a connector block.
    have plug on main board marked expansion socket what is this for also there

This is for the plug on dialer i linked to you SW-DMTC. It is for getting a text from the alarm when it activates.

Thats correct. You can wire them into any zone.

These are reporting outputs.

Thats correct, you will need to ID this device onto the alarm.

If you find you need more space putting the connections in you can run a cable from the 12v and connect them all together in a connector block.

This is for the plug on dialer i linked to you SW-DMTC. It is for getting a text from the alarm when it activates.

have wired everything except internal bell.I haveaSB-1 sound bomb with four leads two white and black and red,how do i wire this into panel.Do I use the red + and black for neg and connect to same terminals as from the SABB to internal bell on panel and are the two white wires tamperandwhere do they go.

The three windows with two openings and have fitted a sensor on each and wired as dual end of line wiring I also wired through a tamper junction box and broke one of the wires going back to the panel is this correct.

What is my next step is there anyway to check all wiring is correct and everything working before the RKP is programed or is the RKP to be programed next and if so how do I do this where do I start,
    Thanks,
    Albert

have wired everything except internal bell.I haveaSB-1 sound bomb with four leads two white and black and red,how do i wire this into panel.Do I use the red + and black for neg and connect to same terminals as from the SABB to internal bell on panel and are the two white wires tamperandwhere do they go.

The three windows with two openings and have fitted a sensor on each and wired as dual end of line wiring I also wired through a tamper junction box and broke one of the wires going back to the panel is this correct.

What is my next step is there anyway to check all wiring is correct and everything working before the RKP is programed or is the RKP to be programed next and if so how do I do this where do I start,
    Thanks,
    Albert

The internal bell goes in with the strobe off the external bell in the panel.

You will have to turn on the alarm to see if everything is working as it should be.

• Advertisement

The internal bell goes in with the strobe off the external bell in the panel.

You will have to turn on the alarm to see if everything is working as it should be.

what colour wires do i use from the bell and where do the white ones go.have two white and a red and black.on the panel i have terminals for internal bell and external bell

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its not the colours its the terminals they connect to each end.

Panel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SABB

Extb + +
    Ext - -
    BHO BHO
    TR TR
    Int - Strobe -
    Int + Strobe + (may not be there or needed)

[QUOTE=tangoman;67433257 black and red,how do i wire this into panel.[/QUOTE]

Black will go into - Red goes into + on the internal bell terminal in the panel. It goes in with the strobe of the external bell.

If your wiring the external bell, wire it in like this to save confusion.

Strobe - black
    Strobe + Red
    Ext bell - white
    Ext bell + green
    Bho blue
    Tamper return yellow.

So you will have two black cores in - internal bell plus two red cores in + back at the panel.

Hope this helps..

Black will go into - Red goes into + on the internal bell terminal in the panel. It goes in with the strobe of the external bell.

If your wiring the external bell, wire it in like this to save confusion.

Strobe - black
    Strobe + Red
    Ext bell - white
    Ext bell + green
    Bho blue
    Tamper return yellow.

So you will have two black cores in - internal bell plus two red cores in + back at the panel.

Hope this helps..

it is the internal sound bomb i meant with 4 wires red black and two white wires that i want to fit thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Red Int +
    Black Int -
    The two whites series into aux tamper

it is the internal sound bomb i meant with 4 wires red black and two white wires that i want to fit thanks

Yes, just use the red and black. The two white wires could be for the tamper if the unit has one. If so you can wire these into a tamper on a zone or in series with the tamper return off the external bell.

Yes, just use the red and black. The two white wires could be for the tamper if the unit has one. If so you can wire these into a tamper on a zone or in series with the tamper return off the external bell.

can i put them into any zone as i have not used any of them only the two wires for alarm

koolkid wrote: »
    Red Int +
    Black Int -
    The two whites series into aux tamper

ok thanks

can i put them into any zone as i have not used any of them only the two wires for alarm

Yes you can.

• Advertisement

Yes you can.

ok have everything connected and now ready to program RKP.how do i do that where do i start,
    thanks again
    Albert

Advertisement