Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Would it not have been handier to show him how to do the resistors in the panel lads?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would it not have been handier to show him how to do the resistors in the panel lads?

He only has a pair and wants tampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    thank you but cant see the whole diagram please send again thanks

You dont need the whole diagram as the wiring in between is correct.
    Just the first and last sensor need a few changes for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

ok i will try to understand

ok i will try to understand

It is very straight forward to change the wires on the two sensors rather than mess around with the wiring on all the sensors again.
    Let us know how you get on :)

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    It is very straight forward to change the wires on the two sensors rather than mess around with the wiring on all the sensors again.
    Let us know how you get on :)

is this diagram right now

ok is this diagram right now

ok is this diagram right now
    here is diagram P1020504.JPG

This sensor is not wired correctly. If there is no reed used then take the loop cqable out of 1+2. Now the black cable will go, one end in 2 and the other end of the black cable in 5 to complete the loop.

here is diagram P1020504.JPG

Are you using the reeds on the sensors also?

• Advertisement

Are you using the reeds on the sensors also?

what you mean am i using the reeds on the sensors i have fitted the sensors with a magnet as you told me before

what you mean am i using the reeds on the sensors i have fitted the sensors with a magnet as you told me before

That is perfect so. The sensor that I said to you about, are you just using this as a shock or is the reed going to be used too?

That is perfect so. The sensor that I said to you about, are you just using this as a shock or is the reed going to be used too?

yes all 4 sensors are using the magnets i think i have left two terminals empty think this is my mistake and what you mean here is another diagam thanks Albert

yes all 4 sensors are using the magnets i think i have left two terminals empty think this is my mistake and what you mean here is another diagam thanks Albert

Perfect :D

Perfect :D

really is it all correct everything

really is it all correct everything

Yep, looks good to me :)

Yep, looks good to me :)

great good man thanks will have a go at it in next few days the old brain slows down with age not as active at 76 as i was at 46 thanks

great good man thanks will have a go at it in next few days the old brain slows down with age not as active at 76 as i was at 46 thanks

Your welcome Albert, let us know how you get on :D

Your welcome Albert, let us know how you get on :D

i think i have that right now how can i check everything now without setting alarm off

i think i have that right now how can i check everything now without setting alarm off

Go into the service menu, walk test zones and select the zone you want to test.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Into engineer >Service Menu >Walk Test Zones.

Another option from the keypad is to enter 0#3. User walk test.

Another option from the keypad is to enter 0#3. User walk test.

i done the walk test and they all say ok tamper ok so do i need to do any other tests or does that mean everything is ok.Shall i go out service menu now

Have few questions just curious

What is the blue wire for what is its function

Why is it better to have resistors than not have

I wired to the diagram i sent you and in that have black wire in no 6 of last sensor and the blue goes to one end of resistor but in your original diagram you sent me few years ago of two sensors dual end of line in the last sensor you have the blue wire in no 6 and the black through the resistor

i done the walk test and they all say ok tamper ok so do i need to do any other tests or does that mean everything is ok.Shall i go out service menu now

Have few questions just curious

What is the blue wire for what is its function

Why is it better to have resistors than not have

I wired to the diagram i sent you and in that have black wire in no 6 of last sensor and the blue goes to one end of resistor but in your original diagram you sent me few years ago of two sensors dual end of line in the last sensor you have the blue wire in no 6 and the black through the resistor

The colours used could of being different.
    The blue wire as you can see from the diagram is making a loop.
    The resistors are there pick up on faults on the cable. Say you have a pinched cable half way through your loop, if you had in as non end of line the panel would not notice that half the sensors are no longer on the loop. With the resistors in the last sensor it would not see the resistor and indicate the fault. That is why resistors should not be fitted in the control panel.

The colours used could of being different.
    The blue wire as you can see from the diagram is making a loop.
    The resistors are there pick up on faults on the cable. Say you have a pinched cable half way through your loop, if you had in as non end of line the panel would not notice that half the sensors are no longer on the loop. With the resistors in the last sensor it would not see the resistor and indicate the fault. That is why resistors should not be fitted in the control panel.

Hello Jason I thinki it is ok now thank you so much for your help again I really appreciate it could not have done it without you if i get any more problems will blet you know Albert

Hello Jason I thinki it is ok now thank you so much for your help again I really appreciate it could not have done it without you if i get any more problems will blet you know Albert

Hi Albert,

Delighted to hear you have it all up and working.

If you have any problems you know where I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gneeves

Hi folks,

I've been trying to install an HKC alarm. I have found the information you have shared here extremely useful. Unfortunately I have hit a problem and I am hoping someone might be able to offer a solution. Apart from one all my zones appear to work ok. The problem zone doesn't seem to register when a window is opened. If I take the cover off a sensor (HKC Inertia sensor) a tamper fault is shown. Also the external bell is not activating either. I though it was down to the extra resistor on the panel. Since I removed it I am getting a tamper fault for the external bell. There doesn't appear to be any loose connections. I have tried checking the voltage and resistance, can't make head nor tail of them. Do they change in response to a suspected tamper ie taking cover off sensor. Any idea's ..... please!

Forget about the resistors & programme the zone as non EOL.
    A tamper will only activate the internal bell. If you want to test the external bell activate the alarm fully.
    After that disconnect the alarm connections from the sensor and see does it then show open zone.

Thanks KoolKid, I'll give that at try.

• Advertisement

Back again, Koolkid. I tried setting the zone to non eol and removing the resistors. Unfortunately, having done this it is now showing the zone as being open in the walk test when despite all windows being closed. As I was taking out the resistors the internal bell would activate intermittently. Any idea's as what might be gone wrong? Thanks.

Advertisement