Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot €20 FO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i folded tpnk to a bet and a call after all the draws hit. they both had middle pair. i lost all interest from that point on... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

i folded tpnk to a bet and a call after all the draws hit.

NIT!!!

lol! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

THREE TIME CHAMPION BABY!!!! i wonder if i should get bracelets made... 4am finish though.. lots of play at final table.

Al kenny - 2 time champion
    dittag - 2 time champion
    akqj10 - 2 time champion
    ditpoker - THREE TIME CHAMPION!!!!

ditpoker ftw!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

ugh

finished 8th for nada. all in pf with qq v a10. rivers an ace.

then headed over to the cash table and lost a 400 quid pot when i ship it on the turn with 2 pair, to be called with like k4 on a k high board. rivers a gutshot.

worst thing is players in the jackpot think its skillful play when they hit their 4 outers.

and the slowrolling was rampant aswell

sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

god i hate this tourney. was sitting comfortable last night. 9,000 chips after the break. lost 3 hands in a row and was favourite pre-flop each time.

1st hand - pocket 10,s on small blind facing an all in from short stack who had pushed all in 5 times since break so i figured he was pushing with any picture card. sure enough was J4 , he hits a jack.

2nd hand - A6s folded to me on button so i make a raise and another short stack moves all in. i call. he has an unsuited queen and hits it.

3rd hand. - this has me down to 2k/3k so im not happy and i get AKh and some reason i am jinxed with AKs in the jackpot on thursdays. make a raise pf and called. A comes down on the flop. raise again and re-raised all in. he has A4 and even before the river is dealt i know its a 4. :mad: :mad: :mad:

my hands never hold up in this tourney :mad: :mad:

the standard in that place is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Finished in 10th, played like a maniac before the break, very loose, was up and down in chips the whole time. Was at 5k quickly, down to 1.2k and then up to 11.5k at the first break. Only showed a few hands and had quite a bad image I would imagine, I think I may have been involved in the hand that P_L mentioned, sometimes you have to stoop to their level!!
    After the break I got moved table and tightened up a bit, some awful players at this table. I took a lot of pots with c-bet that never got looked up.
    Made a very stupid mistake when I raised UTG + 1 with AJc to 1600, blinds were 200/400 and I though everyone had folded so I through my cards in. Sam i think was the girls name, dealer at my table still had her cards so she took down the easiest pot ever.
    Very next hand I get AQ UTG and raise it to 1600, called by the chip leader. I bet 1800 I think on a QT9 which was a terrible bet, he calls, 8 on turn, I now know I am beat but still check call his 1800 bets on the turn and river and I am down to about 17k. He had AJ for a straight
    I had been involved in a few pots with Sam before this were I put here off with c-bets, and then my exit hand with her I call a 1800 raise with A9 on my SB when blinds are 300/600, I had her on a high pocket pair and I mention that if I hit the right flop I would take it down, I think this confused her a lot and she had me on suited connecters. The flop was A46 I think with 2 spades, I check and she bets 3600 I think and I dwell for ages, pretty sure I am ahead and with my image she will call if I go allin, the whole table probably thought I was bluffing. She thinks about it for quite a while trying to figure me out and why I took so long to put here allin, which was strange for me!! She called with JJ and hit runner runner spades to knock me out.
    I though it was a good enough tournament with loads of bad players but a very good blind structure with 30 mins blinds so a good bit of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

yeah after nights like that i am considering a change of scenery. any suggestions for clubs in Dublin. what is the Fitz like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Ah it's a funny tournament. I was chip leader at my table then got a text saying everyone was having a session back home, it took me around 10 minutes before I finally got myself knocked out. People must have assumed it was some kind of stupid speechplay, where I really just wanted to go home...

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    Ah it's a funny tournament. I was chip leader at my table then got a text saying everyone was having a session back home, it took me around 10 minutes before I finally got myself knocked out. People must have assumed it was some kind of stupid speechplay, where I really just wanted to go home...

lol yeah the dealer thought he had you figured out.

"nice when you flop a straight isnt it"

bottom pair or something

digiman was fairly ul alright with the mucked hand. the way sam was scooping the chips it was pretty obvious she was folding, then took the opportunity when you mucked.

wouldnt be too bothered as shes a bit of alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Mr.Plough wrote:
    wouldnt be too bothered as shes a bit of alright though

Is this the same Sam as is alluded to in DIT_Pokers sig?

yup.

ditpoker wrote:
    THREE TIME CHAMPION BABY!!!! i wonder if i should get bracelets made... 4am finish though.. lots of play at final table.

Congrats Jeff, you outdonked the donkeys three times. You are my hero :rolleyes:

Lemegeton wrote:
    1st hand - pocket 10,s on small blind facing an all in from short stack who had pushed all in 5 times since break so i figured he was pushing with any picture card. sure enough was J4 , he hits a jack.

i was hardly short stacked, i had 12 big blinds! :p just had no interest in hanging around playing survival poker so any unraised pots my chips went in. very unluckly streak though, i think within 5 hands you were 3 outered, 6 outered and 3 outered... not nice.
    Is this the same Sam as is alluded to in DIT_Pokers sig?

yea, she finished third, her a6 no match for my monster k4off

had no idea so many boardies were playing this. if mr plough's QQ hold up i think he has a good chance at winning last night, when we were 9 and 8 handed i think it was either you or me taking turns to stick our chips in and no-one else was getting involved.

shoutman wrote:
    Congrats Jeff, you outdonked the donkeys three times. You are my hero :rolleyes:

i'm signing autographs upon request!

Your post two posts up just proves my point that you outdonked everyone in that tourney... why am I always right :)

shoutman wrote:
    Your post two posts up just proves my point that you outdonked everyone in that tourney... why am I always right :)

i'm not the one who called off all mychips for 15 big blinds with a6...! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Mr.Plough wrote:

So I am on 800 with blinds at 75-150, I get A3 soooooted utg and push. Guy in sb who is a big donk calls, probably ahead of him, guy in bb then thinks about it, don't like this, checks his cards, has another think and calls and naturally turns over aces.
    It's funny I wasn't too bothered at the time, it only now that I am thinking back over it that it is pissing me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Mr.Plough wrote:
    lol yeah the dealer thought he had you figured out.

"nice when you flop a straight isnt it"

bottom pair or something

He had a straight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what tornie is this? sounds like my kind of level.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

what tornie is this? sounds like my kind of level.
    Without reading the rest of this thread I assume they are talking about:

Jackpot:.......................€20+3FO...............3x30 mins..Rest x 20mins...........2500.....9pm

Thursday nights........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Mr.Plough wrote:
    ugh

finished 8th for nada. all in pf with qq v a10. rivers an ace.

then headed over to the cash table and lost a 400 quid pot when i ship it on the turn with 2 pair, to be called with like k4 on a k high board. rivers a gutshot.

worst thing is players in the jackpot think its skillful play when they hit their 4 outers.

sigh

What did you think of victor's performance at the cash game. the big loud chap who looks very like peter griffin from family guy

AKQJ10 wrote:
    What did you think of victor's performance at the cash game. the big loud chap who looks very like peter griffin from family guy
    LOL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

5starpool wrote:
    Without reading the rest of this thread I assume they are talking about:

Jackpot:.......................€20+3FO...............3x30 mins..Rest x 20mins...........2500.....9pm

Thursday nights........

In...?

In...?

Jackpot Card Club! 5 Montague Street, Dublin 2.

DITTag wrote:
    congrats on being the first three time champion

cheers tag!

ditpoker wrote:
    cheers tag!

Some chancer!

AKQJ10 wrote:

lol.

what a donkey. people actually thought it was funny when at showdown on an ace high board he flips over a jack and says "jack any good?" other guy go's to flip over his winning middle pair just as victor flips over the ace and says "what about this one?"

funnier was the guy sitting to his left. thinks about every decision for about 5 minutes and convinces himself to make these hero calls.

he called off half his stack on the river against the scruffy lookin dude, on a double paired board with jack high.

i shall have cleared my existing car loan and bought a bmw z3 when i have a sufficient roll for 1/2

which one were you btw? im assuming directly to my left?

• Advertisement

DITTag wrote:
    He had a straight!

lol

Advertisement