Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that really bug the sh*t out of me.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Lazare wrote:
    LOL, no I'm quite a happy person. Surely we all have 10 things that really bug us.
    Yes: War, disease, poverty, death, depression, Lazare, starvation, heart-break, suffering and ... people who put L-plates on backwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭potty pete

Lazare wrote:
    1. People who put L plates on arseways.

Keep well clear of these imbeciles! I would recommend at least 200 yards. If these people are too stupid to perform correctly this most elementary of tasks, they are surely a danger to all other road users.

2. People who refer to simple coincidences as Ironic.

Let's say Gerry Ryan is on the radio talking about monkeys that eat their own faeces, and you were 'only just talking about that', in a drunken pub conversation the night before, well, that my friend is not Ironic, it's just a simple coincidence.

3. Bible belt Christians.

These people truly are the most despicable, hypocritical, small minded bunch of people on this planet. If you don't eat, sleep and sh1t like them, you are going to burn for all eternity in hell. Yes, that's right, their all powerfull, all LOVING god is going to burn you, and 4.4 billion others in a big fire beneath the earth! I wonder how many of these 'moral' clean living people would classify Hitler as an evil man. :rolleyes:

4. Daft Dave

A message to Right Price Tiles management: Because of that annoying bastard, I would rather walk naked from Turkey to Dublin with travertine on my back than cross the threshold of one of your stores.

5. TV licence ads.

RTE keep warning us that one of these days, the wolf will knock on the door, catch you without your licence, and your family and friends will disown you with the shame of it all. They bombard us with scare mongering ads to make us believe the Gestapo are patrolling the country ready to haul in the non compliant
    BULLSH1T. There is more chance of you getting hit by a runaway speed boat while sunbathing on the beach, than there is of a TV licence inspector arriving at your door. And, even if he did, I think I could just about survive the 'shame' of it all. My advice: don't get one in the first place, then they won't hound you with letters to renew.

6. Skanger city centre young wans that wear pygamas outdoors.

WTF is this all about? Girls, this is not a trendy fashion statement, nor is it an outward expression of your desire to stick two fingers up at the rest of society. It's simply ridiculous, and it makes you look like you just wandered out of a mental institution.

7. D4 girls.

These fake, shallow annoying people really bug me. Why do they speak as if they've just walked off the set of Dawson's creek?
    YOU ARE IRISH!! Stop speaking with an American accent. Oh my God, it's like, sooo annoying.

8. Rubbernecking.

It's a really pleasant experience when you're sitting in an hour of traffic on the M50, only to discover the cause of said traffic is an accident on the OTHER side of the motorway. People, unless a member of your immediate family is involved, don't fcuk my day up, keep your foot to the floor.

9. Calgon tablets.

"Washing machines live longer with Calgon"
    The fact that this company has a market shows how some people in this country are devoid of simple common sense.
    A good washing machine will cost you about €300, and will easily last five years without the help of Calgon.
    They say, use one tablet in every wash and your machine will last longer.
    Maybe so, but each tablet costs .30c, meaning if you had five washes a week, in five years you would have spent €390, JUST ON CALGON TABLETS!
    Is this not blindingly obvious?

10. VIPs

Why should someone be considered a 'very important' person just because they followed a certain career path or were born into a certain family?
    I mean, if my mother had the choice of pushing me or Bono in front of a train, I can guarantee it would be me visiting her in prison.
    So, how come I can't get beyond those red ropes?

End of rant.

Very anal, aren't you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I hate Anti War protestors, especially in Ireland who moan about War In Iraq........

NEWSFLASH protestors nobody gives a fcuk, your preaching to the deaf, your not American so you can not change what is going on no matter how hard you try, nobody cares and even if they did they can not do anything about it, just accept it and move on yes we all know its wrong but we cant change it, do you honestly believe that what your shouting up and down irish streets really means anything to people in Washington? Not fcuking likely, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 squiggy

Lazare wrote:

5. TV licence ads.

RTE keep warning us that one of these days, the wolf will knock on the door, catch you without your licence

Sorry man but I've been there :( Had just bought my first house and was only there bout a month and the fella caught me for no licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Ahh, but has being caught made you a social pirriah?
    Do mothers rush their children inside as you walk down the road, and 'tut tut' at you as you pass?

If the RTE ads are to be believed you're about to be sitebanned from boards, because you got caught with no licence, you awful, awful man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

potty pete wrote:
    Very anal, aren't you.

People that use the word anal as an adjective of someones personality, listen you aren't an idiot American (not that all Americans are idiots of course) so why do you feel the need to use thier more annoying mutalations of the English language.

P.S. I realise that I probably misspelled words there and made grammar mistakes, and that now someone is going to point that out and mention that its ironic that I used poor English in a complaint about people using improper English but I don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

People online that think they're always right and try and make their views concrete re-inforced by throwing the odd "fck" into it.

Crazy Jehovas' and their anti-homosexual campaigns

Fascists....I just can't get my head around how these people think

And when there's no milk in the morning for my brekkie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i hate the way politicians send their crap around at election time and you never hear from them the rest of the year...plus they all boast about the moneys and grants they have spent and given since the last election, i quote from the Mary Hanafin (FF) leaflet that came through my door recently -

"1.7 Million Euro in grants to local sports clubs"

......yes? am i missing something? ITS OUR ****ING MONEY!!! IF IT WASNT YOU DISPENSING IT, IT WOULD BE SOME OTHER MONKEY!!!1 you'd swear they were generously giving this cash out of their own pockets.

piss off you greasy FF swine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

Here is just a few of the things that get on my goat:

1) Scummers walking around the city centre over the last few days with their tops off and their stupid strippy jumpers tied around their waists or over their shoulders. It's April for Christ sakes.
    2) That shizzle thing that was mentioned previously.
    3) The speed at which women go through toliet paper has been getting on my nerves lately.
    4) The character Jack Stephens from Naked Camera.
    5) George Hook.
    6) Celebrity Jigs n' Reels.
    7) Celebrity Jigs n' Reels + George Hook = :mad:
    8) I'm sure there is a proper term for this but I don't know it but I really really really hate when people refuse to give a compliment or accept they are wrong or try and come out on top the whole time. Here is a few examples:
    After asking for help:
    "Thanks for the help even though you had to find out how to do it yourself"
    or
    "After informing someone of something interesting
    "I read that article 5 minutes ago"

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭badgerbadger

slipss wrote:
    not that all Americans are idiots of course
    alot of them are they csn't use electric kettles you jus flick a switch and l
    ook who they elected president TWICE
    some americans do annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 openfly

muppets.

1) Scummers walking around the city centre over the last few days with their tops off and their stupid strippy jumpers tied around their waists or over their shoulders. It's April for Christ sakes.

And it was also extremely warm. 25 degrees one of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

lynchpin wrote:

5) George Hook.

Agree with these two. That man's an ignoramous. Why do RTE persist with him? He spoils a grate (No misspelling) show. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

slipss wrote:
    People that use the word anal as an adjective of someones personality, listen you aren't an idiot American (not that all Americans are idiots of course) so why do you feel the need to use thier more annoying mutalations of the English language.

P.S. I realise that I probably misspelled words there and made grammar mistakes, and that now someone is going to point that out and mention that its ironic that I used poor English in a complaint about people using improper English but I don't care.

Jaysus!! its ironic that you use such poor English to make a complaint about improper English.

Don't you care???

slipss wrote:

No, that's fine. It was pretty anal of you to correct yourself in that manner, despite your inability to spell.

lynchpin wrote:
    Here is just a few of the things that get on my goat:

2) That shizzle thing that was mentioned previously.
    3) The speed at which women go through toliet paper has been getting on my nerves lately.
    4) The character Jack Stephens from Naked Camera.
    5) George Hook.
    6) Celebrity Jigs n' Reels.
    8) I'm sure there is a proper term for this but I don't know it but I really really really hate when people refuse to give a compliment or accept they are wrong or try and come out on top the whole time. Here is a few examples:
    After asking for help:
    "Thanks for the help even though you had to find out how to do it yourself"
    or
    "After informing someone of something interesting
    "I read that article 5 minutes ago"

Here, here.

Jaysus!! its ironic that you use such poor English to make a complaint about improper English.

Don't you care???

His initial gripe was for improper English. But of course he was incorrect. It's perfectly okay to use anal in the context it was used. Maybe he was hoping the longer, probably more correct version 'anally-retentive' was used. But that would have opened up a whole new can of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

alot of them are they csn't use electric kettles you jus flick a switch and l
    ook who they elected president TWICE
    some americans do annoy me

Of course most can at least articulate a sentence or two, and at least feign intelligence for a brief moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

People that snail along in their cars, especially the ones that hog the middle of the road so you cant overtake..
    Just because you are content to plod along at 30Kph, doesnt mean the rest of us want to ¬_¬
    Tractors are the worst offenders, at least have the decency to pull in so those of us queing behind you can pass you out..

Online advertising
    So, you want to put up some advertising to help pay for your site, okay, fair enough, but we dont want to be swamped by flashing ads telling us that we are the lucky 1 millionth visitor or that our computer is not secure.. Guess who's sites I dont visit ¬_¬

People with big cars/SUVs, especially those that think they own the road
    Obvious environmental effects asside, just because you can afford a Merc or a two-lane jeep, doesnt mean you suddenly have right-of-way where ever you drive..

Eircom
    Thank you so much for being the sole reason that I cannot get an internet connection above 2Meg at an affordable price, if at all. Thank you so much for making my granmothers 85year old friend wait a whole MONTH to have her telephone line repaired after someone carelessly dug through it.
    Hint: Telling an OAP that "its not our problem" when reporting the problem, is not good service. (they came out in an awful hurry when I threatened legal action).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

openfly wrote:
    muppets.

If Gonzo had an AK47 fetish, would that change your opinion?

11. Gun crazy Yanks who think the rest of the world is nuts
    Originally Posted by Gun crazy Yank
    If I need a gun to kill gophers digging up my lawn, or I want to help curb the deer population... or simply if I want to shoot at beer bottles in my back yard... I can. I'm free. And that's a great feeling. But yes I can take the responsibilities of freedom and shirk them off to go satisfy darker desires such as robbery or murder. Because for us to attempt to limit ones ability to commit these crimes we would give up essential liberties that we hold dear.

My buddy with the broken zipper and an aversion to Jim Henson posted the above on the '32 dead' thread. He believes that shooting empty Budweiser bottles is an essential liberty, it's something he holds very dear :rolleyes: , (much more important than trying to curb the 477,000*annual gun incidents), and that no attempt should ever be made to try remove guns from American society. The sad fact is there are millions more nut cases in that giant asylum, who think and act just like this guy.

WAKE UP, THE CIVILISED WORLD IS LAUGHING AT YOU

*To put in context, the equivalent of half the population of Dublin are maimed or killed annually in the US by guns. Still though, how else can they smash those beer bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

When people send you spam mail, with a date way back in the past...so you need to go through pages and pages of mails to find the bugger, so that you can delete it and restore your inbox status to 0 new.... you scroll and scroll and you know it's spam, but still you gotta check, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

When people send you spam mail, with a date way back in the past...so you need to go through pages and pages of mails to find the bugger, so that you can delete it and restore your inbox status to 0 new.... you scroll and scroll and you know it's spam, but still you gotta check, just in case.

"mark all as read" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Lazare wrote:

9. Calgon tablets.

"Washing machines live longer with Calgon"
    The fact that this company has a market shows how some people in this country are devoid of simple common sense.
    A good washing machine will cost you about €300, and will easily last five years without the help of Calgon.
    They say, use one tablet in every wash and your machine will last longer.
    Maybe so, but each tablet costs .30c, meaning if you had five washes a week, in five years you would have spent €390, JUST ON CALGON TABLETS!
    Is this not blindingly obvious?

End of rant.

Who does 5 washes a week! No wonder the planet is dying!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

View -> Unread :)

The GAA, i dunno why they bug me, but they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I hate the sound of chewing. Just now I am in the library doing a horrible project on something I haven't got a clue about, I lug a ton of bukes around to get a place and as soon as I sit down do I realise that there is someone beside me and they are chewing audibly, nyom nyom nyom. It makes my blood boil:mad: .

Lump wrote:
    Who does 5 washes a week!

I wash 6 days a week as i Train 6 days a week.

Alter-Ego wrote:
    View -> Unread :)

The GAA, i dunno why they bug me, but they do!

Here Here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Probably because they are a successful organisation,who are not afraid to take risks and who ,instead of fcuking around like headless chickens, produced a state of the art stadium,before there was an actual requirement for one.

In short people who has a bit of foresight,to project into the future and who,when times were good,instead of adopting the "fcukin great lads,wel'l all have a singsong" attitude actually did something positive and the results are there for all to see.

Thats probably you you don't like them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Probably because they are a successful...blah blah blah...bit of foresight...blah blah blah...adopting the attitude...blah blah blah...actually did something...blah blah blah...you don't like them

Actually I'd say it's because of pretentious fans. But that's a wild guess.

ZING!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

When someone makes a statement and under it they say "discuss"
    That really bugs the sh*te out of me.
    It reminds me of some pr*cks who still think they're in school/college.

Advertisement