Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

These subtle links :o I remember when they all started with http and were typed in blue ink!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

One for those who watch youtube atheist videos, and those who like amusing songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

you've all probably seen this one before

bc_2.jpg

keppler wrote: »
    you've all probably seen this one before
    http://www.project-reason.org/images/gallery3/bc_2.jpg
    I hadn't, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Never seen that before. is there a way of seeing it in full size? (planet size)

• Advertisement

Here. Not going to post it direct for obvious reasons.

• Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Galvasean wrote: »
    Never seen that before. is there a way of seeing it in full size? (planet size)

only able to find a segment of it that's readable.

bc_5.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Here. Not going to post it direct for obvious reasons.

That's amazing. I mean, even if 99% could be debunked* that's stillan awful lot of contracdictions!

*I'm not necessarily saying they can, just hypothetically

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The fact that the diagram is pleasing to the eye is the ultimate proof that God must have purposely engineered those contradictions to appear in the bible. How else can it be explained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I think it signifies fire and brimstone raining down on the smartarse heretics. Its a warning from God not to ask too many awkward questions, or He roasts your ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

A couple of segments from Ricky Gervais' new show, Science.

Skip to 1:18

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

If anyone gets a humongous version of that contradictions picture please
    post it! It just reminds me of that huge deadly evolution tree poster that is
    in the JC thread :P Imagine a billboard covered in those two posters only,
    do you think A&A should put in a pool of money & buy advertising space
    to put them up, half & half, on a billboard beside each other? :pac:

bibleContra_smallest.jpg

&

TreeOfLife.jpg

on a billboard side by side, I'm sure it's cheap enough & is right in
    accord with Irish family values :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

While the Conradictions picture is "Interesting Stuff" it's not what I would call "Funny". Hint hint.

That's amazing. I mean, even if 99% could be debunked* that's stillan awful lot of contracdictions!

Without mentioning any names, we all know theres a few from the christianity forum that will give it a good go!

If anyone gets a humongous version of that contradictions picture please
    I posted a link to a huge version of it (post #2827), but because of its size, I decided against posting it here.

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Atheism/Images/BibleContradictions-ReasonProject.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Pope Invokes Papal Infallibility to win Vatican Pub Quiz
    The Pope has enraged Vatican theologians, after invoking his own powers of infallibility in order to win the most recent Vatican pub quiz.

The row began after the Pope insisted that the Amazon is the longest river in the world in answer to a tie-break question, which was needed after he and his aides tied with a group of priests from Spain.

Despite insistence from the Spanish team that the Nile is the longest river on earth, a position backed up with evidence from books, encyclopedias, the Internet, and even satellite imagery, the quiz-master was left with little choice but to declare the Pope the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

c92f7a8f-c036-4fb0-ba71-62f708cbef5e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

d9f3bb08-3d51-435b-bc4b-264e85673dd3.jpg

Hah..... president of the catholic league says evolution is a fairytale......'the king kong theory' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

image_200905293235.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Ken Ham, owner of "Answers In Genesis", the main creodrivel site in the USA and who opened up the notorious "Creation Museum" a few years back, announced yesterday that he wants to build a replica of Noah's Ark costing $25 million dollars. The press release is here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2010/12/01/ark-encounter-news-release

The project's website is here and there's a "dove's eye view" of the current plan is available here.

So what after the ark? A model of the universe complete with flat earth and suspended water canopy, a la Genesis 1:6–8, I hope.

I think we are missing an important point. How many dollars did Noah spend on his Ark?

keppler wrote: »
    Without mentioning any names, we all know theres a few from the christianity forum that will give it a good go!

Something for them to do while we're away on the 17th. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

robindch wrote: »
    Ken Ham, owner of "Answers In Genesis", the main creodrivel site in the USA and who opened up the notorious "Creation Museum" a few years back, announced yesterday that he wants to build a replica of Noah's Ark costing $25 million dollars. The press release is here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2010/12/01/ark-encounter-news-release

The project's website is here and there's a "dove's eye view" of the current plan is available here.

So what after the ark? A model of the universe complete with flat earth and suspended water canopy, a la Genesis 1:6–8, I hope.
    According to the site, a $1,000 dollar donation will provide a plank for the Ark. I would've thought the creationist community has enough planks already.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

ColmDawson wrote: »
    According to the site, a $1,000 dollar donation will provide a plank for the Ark. I would've thought the creationist community has enough planks already.

1000 for one plank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

GO_Bear wrote: »
    1000 for one plank ?

100 for a peg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

One of them was the one posted by robindch a few days ago which Wicknight is still latching on to despite others giving an explanation. There are numerous other passages there that are listed as contradictions which could be gone through.

Although, when you are dealing with "The Reason Project" it isn't worth the effort going through them one by one when there is another site that probably goes through them already. I guess I value original work if I am to contribute original work of my own! :pac:

Jakkass wrote: »
    One of them was the one posted by robindch a few days ago which Wicknight is still latching on to despite others giving an explanation. There are numerous other passages there that are listed as contradictions which could be gone through.

Although, when you are dealing with "The Reason Project" it isn't worth the effort going through them one by one when there is another site that probably goes through them already. I guess I value original work if I am to contribute original work of my own! :pac:

Chicken... BUWWWAAAWWWWKKK!!!!!!

do it! go through them all! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

My effort has value. This is why I only give original work for original work! I like to think those who I discuss with put the same effort into their posts as I do :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement