Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

0d429a50d17b2fc5c7d540d4c796f48f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

bLnXCIl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

robindch wrote: »
    robindch-likes-this.png

You_and_dinosaurs_zps6731b983.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

q1Y2Kla.jpg

• Advertisement

Atheists and theists sorting out their differences. (looks like the boss from the IT crowd?)

HcPeqGK.gif

• Moderators Posts: 51,745 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

QWiR8Td.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Atheists and theists sorting out their differences. (looks like the boss from the IT crowd?)

HcPeqGK.gif

Edit: My version is longer so I win! (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

koth wrote: »
    that's because it is ;)

Chris Morris ('resting' in coffin) is amazing. Here's a clip from Brass Eye on religion.

For anyone who hasn't seen Brass Eye, I highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

religion-of-peace.jpg

1287425193religious.jpg

scientology_beliefs-1.gif?w=360&h=360

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That Xenu gif. .

TAKES FOREVER ! !
    A comic strip would have been much better.

\end rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jernal wrote: »
    That Xenu gif. .
    TAKES FOREVER ! !
    A comic strip would have been much better.

\end rant.

I much prefer South Park's succinct and multicoloured telling of the story (apologies for quality)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This kind of blind stupidity boils my blood:
    nqEDfGd.jpg

After killing millions of people with AIDS, God now decides to cure it?

Actually, that does sound like something he'd do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Was God one of the doctors? No? Then he can f*ck off if he thinks he can get any credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Apparently there was a Dr. Gay involved. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Then it certainly gods plan! Think about it.. saving a baby from aids with a doctor name Gay? God wants to apologize to gay people! I think we are living the new era of the improved and upgraded god.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/world/fake-bishop-tries-to-sneak-into-vatican/story-fnd14032-1226590358731

Summary:

Italian man dresses in bishop's robes, wanders into the Vatican and rubs shoulders with the Cardinals and bishops for ages before someone notices that he's fake and chucks him out. For some reason I find this completely hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That is wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

He made a cardinal error in wearing the Bugsy Malone hat :pac:
    Gangster style sunglasses are very popular, but not the hat.
    360975-ralph-napierski.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,745 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mj6at4w4Rv1rl99hdo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

seamus wrote: »
    For some reason I find this completely hilarious.

I'd buy that guy a pint if we ever meet! A fantastic stunt.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The war against the War on Easter claims an important victory!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287644/First-religious-Easter-Egg-Major-supermarkets-stock-Christian-product-Jesus-packaging.html
    Daily Mail wrote:
    Christian groups have won a victory in their campaign for shops to sell a religious Easter egg. Nearly every major supermarket will for the first time this year stock the Real Easter Egg – the only one to mention Jesus on its packaging. Customers and bishops have lobbied them for three years to stock the £3.99 egg.

They all turned the product away when it was launched in 2010, but Waitrose, Morrisons and the Co-op signed up to trial the eggs in 2011 and 2012. Now Sainsbury's and Tesco have joined them – a decision church leaders described as 'a milestone'. Asda is the only major chain not to stock the egg, the box of which explains the religious significance of Easter and contains an activity for children.

The Meaningful Chocolate Company expects to sell more than 200,000 of the religious eggs. Around 80 million Easter eggs are sold each year in the UK. Sainsbury's and Waitrose will stock just 12 eggs at a small numbers of stores. Tesco is the biggest stockist and will sell the eggs out of 450 of its largest stores. A spokesman for the Meaningful Chocolate Company, which makes the egg, said the supermarket had 'never replied' to multiple calls and emails. The Meaningful Chocolate Company expects most of its sales will be by mail order and through independent shops, with the remainder made up by supermarkets.

Individuals, schools and churches have ordered as many as 200 of the religious eggs at a time. The box of the fairtrade chocolate egg explains the religious significance of Easter and contains an activity for children.

The Bishop of Hereford, the Rt Revd Anthony Priddis, said: 'I wrote to the supermarkets last year encouraging them to stock The Real Easter Egg. 'I am delighted they have taken the challenge seriously. The response from Tesco, Morrisons and the Coop has been particularly encouraging. 'I am sure Sainsbury and Waitrose will also discover real demand for an egg explaining the religious understanding of Easter on the box and which supports charitable projects. I encourage shoppers to hunt out a Real Easter Egg and complain if they are not being stocked.'

David Marshall, from the Meaningful Chocolate Company, said: 'Our aim is to change the Easter egg market forever by making it more spiritual, more generous and more faithful.' All profits from the egg will go to the charity.
    Can't help but wonder if the charity the profits go to happens to be, er, a religion.

religious Easter egg

Religious.... Easter egg

Religious........... Easter........... EGG

Religious (associated with religion) ..................... Easter (associated with religion)..................... EGG (associated with a hen's arsehole)

Let's celebrate the true meaning of Easter by piggybacking on the success of what everyone actually thinks Easter is about; chocolate eggs!

I'd have more respect for religious organisations if they were at least consistent. Doesn't want the state to allow gay marriage (outside of their church) because it might "redefine marriage". Perfectly happy to allow Easter to be redefined into Chocolate Egg Day so long as they get a bit of money out of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

According to a bible they used a giant chocolate egg to seal Jesus' tomb on the day the pubs shut. It was this egg that they found, rolled to one side, and half eaten by Angels on the third day.

Hence the tradition of giving yourself diabetes on Easter Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I think it's funny that they're counting it as a win for Christianity. Easter eggs, and even the name 'Easter' are pagan.

444-Youre-not-gonna-get-in-my-pants-if-you-dont-love-Jesus-Thank-God-Im-an-atheist-funny-christians-sex.jpg

Christianity_147ca6_233119.jpg

view?resolution=1024x768&file=MTAyNHg3NjgvMjAxMjA4MTAvbW9uZXkgZnVubnkgcmVsaWdpb24gYXRoZWlzbSBjaHJpc3RpYW5pdHkgdGhlb2xvZ3kgZmFpcnl0YWxlcyAxMDI0eDc2OCB3YWxscGFwZXJfd2FsbHBhcGVyc3dhLmNvbV80NC5qcGc=&name=bW9uZXlfZnVubnlfcmVsaWdpb25fYXRoZWlzbV9jaHJpc3RpYW5pdHlfdGhlb2xvZ3lfZmFpcnl0YWxlc18xMDI0eDc2OF93YWxscGFwZXI=

babtized.jpg

I thought this had religious undertones-

GCySBAN.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

robindch wrote: »
    The war against the War on Easter claims an important victory!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287644/First-religious-Easter-Egg-Major-supermarkets-stock-Christian-product-Jesus-packaging.html

Can't help but wonder if the charity the profits go to happens to be, er, a religion.

It's Der Sturmer, they probably faked the easter egg "controversy" in the first place, by getting one of their reporters to pose as a "nasty hate-filled secularist" "protesting" the sale of easter eggs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement