Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Adamstown Station - services begin 10th April

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

It just seems to tight for room down there thats all. I wasnt having a go at you, my apoligies if it came across that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

On an aside, can someone assist me with some answers. If I were to take the train in from Adamstown to Heuston - what is the best way to then get to Ballsbridge?

i.e. Should I then use the Luas and then some bus to ballsbridge or bus from Hesuton.

Also is there such a thing as a commuter ticket to cover rail, luas and bus or do you have to buy seperate tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Train to Heuston,
    Luas or 90/91 bus to O'Connell Bridge, get 4,5,7,7a,8,45,84,63
    92 bus to front of TCD, get 4,5,7,7a,8,45,84,63

Or Luas/90 to Connolly get train to Lansdowne or Sandymount

You can get a Adamstown to Dublin City Centre (Booking office only not vending machine) which valid for use on the 90/91/92 bus and Luas between Heuston and Connolly its €6 return and then pay the bus fare to Ballsbridge (€1.40 each way)

Or get Adamstown to Lansdowne or Sandymount with the Luas add on (Booking office only not vending machine) which is either €6.50 or €7:50 return I don't have the revised fares matrix. Ticket valid on Luas or 90/91/92 for the transfer to Connolly

You can get a combined monthly rail and bus only ticket which is €113 but that won't be valid on the Luas, but that is valid on all rail and bus services within 15 miles of Dublin. more http://www.platform11.org/passenger_info/fares_matrix.php

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭RadarControl

Adamstown is having an effect on trains this week. This morning I got the 07.16 train from Kildare to Heuston. I take this train 5 days a week. It departed Kildare at 7.24 this morning which is not bad. Any day this train has been late before (by no more than 15 mins) it has always managed to get to Heuston on time or slight bit early. This morning we arrived into Heuston 12 mins late. We were stopped at Celbridge for approx 8 mins and further 2 at heuston. The stop at Celbridge was so the train at Adamstown could get further ahead. The delay outside Heuston was to let Cork train out. Net Result three trains arrived in Heuston packed with commuters within 6 - 10 mins each other all looking for connections on Luas or Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055033806&page=63
    Cullen welcomes opening by An Taoiseach of Adamstown train station
    16 April 2007

First privately funded station on Iarnród Éireann network

Transport Minister, Martin Cullen, TD today (Monday 16 April 2007) welcomed the official opening by An Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, TD, of the new Adamstown Train Station in West Dublin, the first fully privately-funded new station on the Iarnród Éireann network.

Built as a public/private venture between Iarnród Éireann and Chartridge Developments Limited, the station will deliver commuters to Heuston Station, Dublin in approximately 20 minutes. Kildare commuter services and outer commuter services will call at the new station, which was completed ahead of schedule and at no cost to the taxpayer.

The new station forms part of a fully integrated transport interchange that will accommodate the projected 30,000 people who will live in the new development of Adamstown, West Dublin. The station will have park and ride facilities and will also be served by bus.

Speaking today about Adamstown, which has been developed as a strategic development zone (SDZ) under the Planning and Development Act 2000, Minister Cullen said: "This new station, opened today by An Taoiseach, is in effect the first element of the Kildare line upgrade. This route upgrade project under Transport 21, the Government's investment programme for transport, involves the quadrupling of the rail track between Cherry Orchard and Hazelhatch on the Kildare line and new or relocated stations at Fonthill, Kishogue, Park West and Adamstown allowing for more frequency of intercity and commuter services. On completion of the Adamstown development and the Kildare route project, this new station will cater for 3,000 users per hour". The Minister added: "The Adamstown project is an example of this Government's progress in delivering public transport services in the Dublin and Kildare region. Together with the private partnership investment and exchequer investment, public transport is being progressed to accommodate travellers and provide them with attractive choices as they travel to work, to shop or go about their daily lives".

A dedicated quality bus corridor (QBC) is planned through the centre of Adamstown. DART services will also be enhanced, leading to Adamstown commuters being able to travel directly to Dublin city centre and interchange with all modes (DART, commuter, Luas and Metro), on completion of the underground DART interconnector.

Investment in railways will be further increased under Transport 21. In addition to the Kildare line upgrade, other Iarnród Éireann projects which will benefit railway services in the Dublin area are the city centre re-signalling project; the Clonsilla to Navan rail link; the new 183 railcars to service routes out of Dublin to other locations around the country and the Luas light rail and Metro proposals which are being advanced by the Railway Procurement Agency.

• Advertisement
Advertisement