Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IO Cash games rake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

its not actually bad this year.

good stuff.

I will there tomorrow night for a rape and pillage session. Possibly tonight if I go extra hardcore on my thesis for the next few hours.

yeah the rake is sick high.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

pok3rplaya wrote:
    yeah the rake is sick high.
    Can anyone confirm for definite that the rake is manageable this year. And also what time they expect the 1/2 games to start today, I presume they'll be in full swing by 8 or 9 tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

The rake on the 2-5 NLHE game is 13per person per half hour, ie €26ppph, heard this from one of the cash game dealers at the Irish Open
    The cash games are in full swing now, waiting lists for 1-2 HE, and I presume in another few hours when the PLO tournament starts breaking there will be more tables opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I was playing the €100 2/5 game yesterday. Rake was €6 per person per half hour and game was very soft.

• Advertisement

ianmc38 wrote:
    I was playing the €100 2/5 game yesterday. Rake was €6 per person per half hour and game was very soft.

wtf the €100 and €250 2/5 games are like the same thing except one has half the rake!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

pok3rplaya wrote:
    wtf the €100 and €250 2/5 games are like the same thing except one has half the rake!!!???

Yup with the same stack sizes as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

How can they calculate rake per person per 30/60 mins? I mean, they don't write down "x was involved in pot, took y from pot"...

I played the 100 2/5, won a pot for 300+ and when I stacked my chips I had 280.

Got somewhat slowrolled by a Scandie ars*h*le when he bet 25 and I rr all-in for 105. Had a medium pocket pair, so was possible a bad move considering my position, but he took about 30 secs to call with KK.

Game is quite soft, with 4/5 calling the usual pf raise of 25. Anyone with patience could do alright.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The rake here is pretty sick alright. The Fitz is having a huge weekend as a result but then it always does on IO weekend.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

How can they calculate rake per person per 30/60 mins? I mean, they don't write down "x was involved in pot, took y from pot"...

I played the 100 2/5, won a pot for 300+ and when I stacked my chips I had 280.

Got somewhat slowrolled by a Scandie ars*h*le when he bet 25 and I rr all-in for 105. Had a medium pocket pair, so was possible a bad move considering my position, but he took about 30 secs to call with KK.

Game is quite soft, with 4/5 calling the usual pf raise of 25. Anyone with patience could do alright.

I got it all in against some scandie as well, took a while to call, shook his head, mumbled, shook his head a bit more at every street, and then throws up kk on the river :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I got it all in against some scandie as well, took a while to call, shook his head, mumbled, shook his head a bit more at every street, and then throws up kk on the river :rolleyes:

Did you beat him to death with your headphones? That's what I would have wanted to do to the slowrolling twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

For 1-2 it's €6 per player per half hour, for 2-5 it's €13 pre player per half hour.

I almost feel like I was stealing to keep up with that rake throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Did you beat him to death with your headphones? That's what I would have wanted to do to the slowrolling twat.
    no unfortunately, and i didn't even have another buyin with me to go and bust him either!

ah well.

Advertisement