Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanelli V Munster

Options
  • 30-03-2007 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck Munster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

how come munster are wearing the alternative jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

It just doesn't look right RuggieBear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Poor defence from Munster there. Well taken try by Daffyd James though.

James is looking back to his lions 2001 form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

should taken the pen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's actually The Scarlets vs Munster. Llanelli are an amateur team in the Welsh Premier Division. Just so you know...

Absolute bollox. ITs men against boys out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Munster aren't incisive at all.Same old problem of lack of decent backs for Munster

Jones should be on the sideslines for 10 minutes at the very least for that stamp.

as should john kelly

• Advertisement

Come on munster. 17-8

miss convert.

when they stop bitchin at the ref and linesmen, munster play some great rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Disasterous performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Game over

try scarlets, game over.

ROG should never be captain again. What is it abut playing in wales, and having Christ white reffing? The toys always come out of the pram.

and the quarterback is toast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Game over indeed. Jesus Munster were awful. Although from an Irish standpoint I hope Leinster win I wouldn't mind seeing Llanelli take the win this year they have been very impressive.

As far as Munster go, you know it's a bad sign when the quality of your play decreases as the season goes rather than growing into the the role of champions it seems to have hurt Munster.

At least the players will have plenty of time to rest and train for the world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Bottlers - but fair dues to Scarlets they outplayed them too,but Munster should not have been beaten by this score.

O'Gara missed vital early kicks to settle the Munster nerves- getting points on the scoreboard early on cannot be emphasized enough.

Mick O'Driscoll must have missed about 5/6 tackles.

O'Callaghan the most overrated player in the Irish team - only reaosn he gets his game is because we have not got a half decent second row apart from POC and the fact that most of the pack is Munster probably adds to the reasons for his position for Ireland.
    He is brainless O'Callaghan and does not stop giving silly penalties away for offside,hands in ruck etc

Too obvious where the ball was going when they went wide - either to Halstead,Mafi on a line back in or to Wallace off a short lineout.

But once again well done Scarlets.

Id love to see a Scarlets V Leinster game could be an entertaining one.

I thought Wasps/Munster and Scarlets/Leinster would be the most entertaining matches.

Why did Munster sign Mafi, I've seen nothing good from him. O'Callaghan always gives away stupid penalties as does Leamy.

You know when O'Gara starts effing in front of the ref that the team is rattled and they choked under the pressure. The Scarlets had nothing to lose and played as such. Fair play to them. Munster should be ashamed of this performance and O'Gara should never ever be captain again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Mafi is only a Celtic League player at best.

Halstead - dropped a good few balls today.

Didnt see Leamy or Wallace the whole game.

O'Gara can sometimes bottle it when it comes to big games.

Would like to see Scarlets go on and win it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭flsghujslkuo

Bloody disgrace.

Mafi .... USELESS
    Halstead = Rob henderson b.
    Cullen - love ya ta bits but time to call it a day. what happened.
    Kelly = as much speed as a frighten turtle
    Dowling - well there's hope still

ROG PRACTICE KICKING!

Why don't we take all that sponsorship money and buy 2, yes two that's all I ask, 2 world class players. A centre and a Full Back or wing... Payne can't play forever.

GET jauzion or de Villiers and G. Murphy.

Jauzion or De villiers wouldnt touch munster with a barge poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Somebody should shoot that Stuart Barnes. I firstly, hate having to watch the game on Sky. Secondly listening to that biased @sshole just fills me with rage.

Oh yeah on the game: Munster were awful. Our backs are too limited, and so that proved to be the downfall. Cullen is an absolute joke imo. He had no influence at all on the game. He has to go. Thought we were decent 2nd half but, terrible for the first. Anyway, good luck to the Scarlets. Thought they were superb today and fully deserved the win.

Next years shopping list; new backs!!!

Am I the only one and I am a Munster supporter(still,regardless of how well Leinster do although good luck to them), who thinks that Dwayne Peel is miles ahead of Peter Stringer in terms of how a 9 should play. Stringer looks way too static and it's a worry to me that Kidney depends on him and O'Gara too much or at least seems unwilling to change up their partnership.

They have five more games in the Magners League, should they test out Stringer/Hickey and O'Leary/O'Gara?

If I was Kidney I'd be making calls to Bob Casey and Nick Kennedy(while handing pink slips to Cullen and Mafi) and I would be at the Wasps game having a quiet word with Staunton and Redden but then that's just me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭flsghujslkuo

so who should be brought in????

my vote: Jauzion, De Villiers, Murphy, Chavhanga (I know he's about 10 years younger than the normal people brought in i.e. 24) and I think pay what ever Habanna wants.... anything!

But can munster attract players like this....?

Most of the sourthen hemisphere players that the Irish teams get seem to have no chance of getting contracts in their home countries or are on their last legs so with that in mind I would see what it would take to get George Greegan, Tana Umaga and Percy Montgomery to Limerick. As for new young talent how about Francois Steyn to cover either 10 or 15?

better off looking within ireland.

earls has huge potential and there are a heap of leinster underage backs who won't make the leinster team for a little while yet.

so who should be brought in????

my vote: Jauzion, De Villiers, Murphy, Chavhanga (I know he's about 10 years younger than the normal people brought in i.e. 24) and I think pay what ever Habanna wants.... anything!

But can munster attract players like this....?

No chance. Why the hell would Habanna leave super 14 to play in the poxy Magners league? A league munster dont even take it seriously. French players/supporters rate there own league as more important then the HEC so they wouldnt move either.

Even english teams find it easier to attract foreign players due to the fact the GPL is far more attractive playing wise then the ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Munster got found out tonight, it was always going to happen at some stage. You can only live on passion and good luck for so long. Hard luck but im sorry you just dont have the quality in the backs or in your replacement forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

the GPL is far more attractive playing wise then the ML.
    Ah come on man, I know it's been a tough night, but grab a hold of yourself!!!

Advertisement