Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curraghchase House

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

I'd forgot all about this thread! nice to see it bumped up the listings! Has any of the research on the 'ghost' stories turned up anything? I'd love to know what became of the stories surrounding the lakes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I'd forgot all about this thread! nice to see it bumped up the listings! Has any of the research on the 'ghost' stories turned up anything? I'd love to know what became of the stories surrounding the lakes....

Nothing that I've come up with so far. All the stories are vague, and the lady of the lake is the only one that has kept continuity. I'm trying to obtain records at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

Only help I can offer is to have a chat with Lil in the office of the campsite she might be able to point you in the right direction... Also theres a gentleman in that small museum beside King Johns Castle that is a mine of information he may be able to point you to some clues also! Perhaps some of the local historians up in UL also??

Best of luck with it :-)

Unless Lil is 70+ years old I doubt it,but thanks all the same :) I'm arranging a look at the county archives in the next few weeks hopefully, and then I should know exactly who lived there, if anyone, after Aubrey DeVere's passing and if anything happened them in the fire. No other tragedy's appeared to have befallen in the park that are on notable record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 babytinytot

pplz the storys i could tell you about curraghcase you would be shocked i live over the bank of curraghcase river i no nearly ever detail that has happened about the fire the place is still very much so haunted :eek:! x

• Advertisement

Ray Ray wrote: »
    PicturesOf Curraghchase House June 2010:)
    did you not go inside the house ? its amazing and wonderful place x

alan1990 wrote: »
    I know that, maybe I phrased it wrong! The reports are of the ghost of a woman seen at the top left hand window (where the window would have been :p)

Also some nice photos of what seems to be inside the house and garden!
    http://www.nobodyhome.ie/40cc/curraghchasehouse.html

alan you are right there is one window open it was never blocked up ! i just live over the otherside of the bank of the river so i no everything about the house i have been inside the house loads its amazing :)x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

alan you are right there is one window open it was never blocked up ! i just live over the otherside of the bank of the river so i no everything about the house i have been inside the house loads its amazing :)x

What's the easiest way to get inside the house?

Aside from the fact that there is no such thing as Curragh Chase River, the windows are all boarded up. Was there recently, and was always there as a kid too and they were always boarded up, every last one of them.

But if you know everything about the house and the fire please do share.

alan1990 wrote: »
    What's the easiest way to get inside the house?

when you are standin at the front of the house walk right and down the side on your left there is loads of trees there you need to in behind them n there is a half knocked wall there you jump that n theres another wall u jump that !! when you jump it you will be at the back of the house on the right hand side there is a window that wasnt boarded up ! its still not boarded up cos my brothers always go down with there friends n have a laugh going down around there and into the house ! :)!! x

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that there is no such thing as Curragh Chase River, the windows are all boarded up. Was there recently, and was always there as a kid too and they were always boarded up, every last one of them.

But if you know everything about the house and the fire please do share.

your right cheeky !!! n i ment a lake !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

They were still around in 1911 anyway

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Limerick/Kilcornan/Currahchase/640866/

Anyone else find census records a bit spooky?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lindamac83

the lake is haunted by a woman who runs across it at night, nobody knows who she was or what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah we went down here last month and mmm I am afraid unless you are a climber and know how to fall properly me thinks you cant get in there anymore..I was all excited has printed out the tips about how u get in but nope, i think the window ye are talking about is now boarded up...Such a same to see it closed up..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Thinking of going out there today for a nose around!

So The Forest Park is open to the public, is the house included in this area?

Also, is there no way of getting inside the house anymore? :p This thread has got me all inquisitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

The park is open to the public but you have to pay 5€ to get in the house is all blocked up but the gardens at the back of the house are well worth a walk around down by the lake is nice too . Well worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Cheers tfitzgerald for that speedy response!

Looking forward to it now. Ill bring the camera just incase any ghosts turn up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 weeda

Have enjoyed reading, thanks :) I thought ye should all look here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057009341

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Closing this zombie thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement