Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz EOM game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

MickL wrote:
    i think this tourney is perfect the way it is at the minute what yas think guys!!?

For a 100 man tournament with a limited timeframe I think the current structure is as good as can be provided. Good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

????

I raise that utg!

at 6max....

A3 UTG? hhmmmmm Intesesting, get used to this sound

Man Down, Man down....:)

pokertroll wrote:
    It was the first time I played poker since last summer and it really reminded me of the good times in the dublin poker clubs that was more evident about 3 years ago...

Care to elaborate? Thanks in advance.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Care to elaborate? Thanks in advance.
    Oh new subscriber person, please do not say anything that may involve ghost threads from the past. Pokertroll was a regular contributor before my time and possibly during my lurking phase. He played regularly on the Dublin scene before moving abroad a few years ago, as far as I know, and has not been on the Dublin poker scene much since then, including posting here. Quite a few people, esp the longer regs here know him.

Dom, I do not wish to pick a fight. I am just interested on his perspective - precisely because I have seen his name pop up regularly in old threads and understand that he was on the scene before the boom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

5starpool wrote:
    Oh new subscriber person, please do not say anything that may involve ghost threads from the past.

:D

In fairness it was better back in the day, no sunglasses, headphones or people banging on the table in rage, the same 9 players at a smoke filled ROE game every night, a second one on the weekends for a couple of hours. Same people in the tournies every night all getting along fine till their backs were turned at least.

Now you go in most nights and only know one or two survivors from the old days in the tournies, the rest are new players who think they know it all and wont listen to advice on etiquette etc. the majority of old faces only turning up for a few of the bigger tournies, a few of the cash players retired, others moved online, some went to the 100game.

The following have to take some of the blame http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=196825&referrerid=&highlight=

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Damn you for the curse that is the infestation of Holdem only tables.

I'm glad you get my obtuse reference to things left unsaid.

5starpool wrote:
    I'm glad you get my obtuse reference to things left unsaid.

Seeing as i was about to bring it up it wasnt hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Just read the thread, brillant DeVores Quote of I never sit down with 2-300 to the 50 game. The most I've sat down with is 120. Its a little constricting but it forces better play on me and given my occasionally barmy style it caps my losses hahahah...

DeV.

that's brillant. Inflation or what. God I remember the excitement leading up to playing in the Fitz end of Month Tournament, where all the "big" named players used play, "Roy the Boy", "Noel Furlong" "Scott Gray" etc., It was the tournament i would aim to win a Satellite game for or win enough in a cash game to play in it. I always remember the excitement when I played my first €500 game in the Fitzwilliam festival.

personally I think by the end of 2008 there will be a €500 game on every weekend with a 1K end of month tournament.

At the moment I play the Sportin Emporium deep stack monthly tournament for €220 The Green Joker Poker €300 monthly game and Fitzwilliam €270 month, and my favouriteFriday Night Fitz Scalps game €110. That's without festivals, team events, Heads up tournaments, trips to Vegas etc., some outgoings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Well said Oscar. Exactly what I was talking about.
    Btw I've only been away since last June so I am in touch, somewhat.
    bohsman wrote:
    :D

In fairness it was better back in the day, no sunglasses, headphones or people banging on the table in rage, the same 9 players at a smoke filled ROE game every night, a second one on the weekends for a couple of hours. Same people in the tournies every night all getting along fine till their backs were turned at least.

Now you go in most nights and only know one or two survivors from the old days in the tournies, the rest are new players who think they know it all and wont listen to advice on etiquette etc. the majority of old faces only turning up for a few of the bigger tournies, a few of the cash players retired, others moved online, some went to the 100game.

The following have to take some of the blame http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=196825&referrerid=&highlight=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Oscar you should hit the Fitz up for a commision considering the ammount they have made off holdem tables last few years lol.

Oscar you should hit the Fitz up for a commision considering the ammount they have made off holdem tables last few years lol.

Yea screw that, Terry Rogers may have brought holdem tournies to Dublin but I introduced the cash games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

bohsman wrote:
    that was thread was long before I even thought of poker. I feel like such a noob!

Advertisement