Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz EOM game

Options
  • 27-03-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

does anyone know the starting stacks, blind structure, and roughly how many runners this game gets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

When is this on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I played this last month. Somebody from the Fitz can please correct me if I am wrong:

Reg: 19:30 (Fitz Time:rolleyes: )// Cards at 20:00.

€250 + 20 Reg.

6,500 starting stack.

Three 20 min blind levels:

25 / 50
    50 / 100
    75 / 150

Moving to 30 Min Blinds:

100 / 200
    150 / 300
    200 / 400
    300 / 600
    500 / 1000
    700 / 1500

And a 40 min clock rest of the way.

It usually grabs 50 - 110 runners in my experience. Depends upon what is on, how people are fixed generally - etc.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I believe it is officially 7:00 start time, more likely to be 8 though, and sats from about 4 or whenever people turn up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

thanks lloyd/starpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

cheers lads. might pay it a visit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Hi, im back yepee!!!!
    Had a brillant week skiing which you can read on the Winter sports section. Im returning for my live game to the Fitz game. Actually didn't miss cards at all (I know shock horror gasp) and think the break did us both the world of good, except me knees are killling me:rolleyes: .

Hopefully there'll be a load of boardsters (sies) (ies) (davids) in the fitz tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Can any one confirm this as the EOM and not a IO supersat?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

90% sure is a 250 + 20 F/O with CASH prizes, cut not 100% sure so bit of a pointless post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

100% sure its not a IO sat. As of talking to Luke 2weeks ago anyway.

Definitely not a sat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

much people playing this? played once and found the blinds to catch up with about 20-30 players left. anyone play last month and find it to be different?

AKQJ10 wrote:
    much people playing this? played once and found the blinds to catch up with about 20-30 players left. anyone play last month and find it to be different?

The structure last month was improved (see my above post). There are infinately better €200 games around, but it is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

what where the players like that won it last month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

WHo won...any reports?

Good turnout anyways, exactly 100 runners. Despite having great value on the table in the shape of Jim Halpin and Pat Gibson who were both big stacks I couldn't get going and got knocked out around 50th at 11.20 or so. Usual quota of terrible players at it. My BB hand of Kd7c was no good against Ad8s on a 7d6d2d flop.

Uugghh, the game was a strange one for me. The first table I was at 5 players busted before the break and on unbelievable bad plays aswell, just yuck. Example on blinds 75 150 player A makes it 900 utg called by player B in mp. Flop comes down 8s 8c 3d, player A bets 1.5k player B raises to 3k, player A goes all in for 7K total,
    called by player B like a hot sno*t.
    Player A has 77 for 2 pair
    Player B has Q 8 for set of 8's :eek: :eek:

I was not involved in any of it and stayed at about 9.5K, get moved to table 2, which has colette doherty, paul cryne, 4 lunatic scottish guys (any aul Ace will do and if its sooooteeeed ship it) which is ironic because the hand i went out on was bad on my behalf, soooh bad.

Blinds are 200 400, i have 8.5K at this stage, card dead completely, stealing in the odd position here and there. Then this chinese guy gets moved to my table, shiny green jacket, I have no history on this guy at all. Im in late position and its folded to me and I make it 1.5k to go with Ad3d, he calls in the BB.

Flop comes down 3h 8s Qd, he checks I bet 2k he calls??
    Turn is 9h he checks, I go all in for remaining 5k. He dwells up and thinks for about 2 mins and calls. I know im beat and announce my hand 1 pair, he shakes his head I turn over my A3 for the monster pair of 3's, and he turns over pocket 7's yuck:( :( While congratulating himself, saying that he knew I didn't have a Q??

Any thoughts on the hand, felt i had only one chance of getting him off the pot, didn't have enough money to be another 2k on the turn, it was check or all in.

I was disappointed in the way I went out, but I still feel that it was a loose call to say the least by the other guy. Home by 11.30 p.m. Great crowd there last night, bood buzz about the place. There were 14 lunatic scottish guys over from Dundee, which made for some interesting plays.

Look Collette, you have no history on the guy so your play is fine IMO. If I was in that spot I probably ship it aswell. He has shown no strength throughout the hand, and taking these pots down without a showdown are the difference between a decent run or shortstacked against the tide stuff ending with inglorious defeat. You correctly identified that he was weak. And his stated reasoning after illustrates the fact that it wasn't a thinking call based on solid logic. You will know that you can't bet him off a hand if you meet him again.

The ability to make plays like that will be crucial if you are to get anywhere next weekend. It can feel silly to get caught bluffing - but I imagine you get that through often enough against random players for it to be a good move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

He sounds like the genius I've ran into a few times in the Fitz, the 1st time he took my stack, his bottom pair agianst my up and down flush & st draw. The next few times we met, he paid off nicely.. But you can't bluff these fellows.
    Methinks though you probably ran a wee bit out of patience in this tourny and were trying to make something happen.. Hopefully you'll throw that muck (A3)away next week. I reckon you'll do well in the PPP.

I'd have thrown down 77 here to your bet or pushed before you did.

Yeah, one of those times, get busy or go home, the bottle of wine at home was good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Smurph - your read was good and your play based on your read was fine. He is either a little short of something or else you have some serious tells which I havnt picked up on yet

• Advertisement

Smurph - your read was good and your play based on your read was fine. He is either a little short of something or else you have some serious tells which I havnt picked up on yet

Im getting that twitch fixed on my left eye fixed ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Solksjaer wrote:
    Hopefully you'll throw that muck (A3)away next week.

????

I raise that utg!

at 6max....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

smurph wrote:
    Im getting that twitch fixed on my left eye fixed ;);)

next thing you will be getting your tilty CRAI move fixed :rolleyes:

The Fitz have made a real effort the last few months to try and fix this tournament, and the new start time, shorter break, dinner at the table, bigger stack, longer levels and 9 handed max play (last night anyhow) have all improved this. Pity I can't do any good in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

5starpool wrote:
    The Fitz have made a real effort the last few months to try and fix this tournament, and the new start time, shorter break, dinner at the table, bigger stack, longer levels and 9 handed max play (last night anyhow) have all improved this. Pity I can't do any good in it.

I thought it was an excellent tournament and there was a great atmosphere in the place. It was the first time I played poker since last summer and it really reminded me of the good times in the dublin poker clubs that was more evident about 3 years ago. I ended up crashing in 10th position - was chip leader with 14 players left but was very unlucky in 3 hands in and around the bubble. Really looking forward to my next visit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

pokertroll wrote:
    I thought it was an excellent tournament and there was a great atmosphere in the place. It was the first time I played poker since last summer and it really reminded me of the good times in the dublin poker clubs that was more evident about 3 years ago. I ended up crashing in 10th position - was chip leader with 14 players left but was very unlucky in 3 hands in and around the bubble. Really looking forward to my next visit....
    Welcome back sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

i think this tourney is perfect the way it is at the minute what yas think guys!!?

BigDragon wrote:
    Welcome back sir.
    Cheers Dave. Unfortunately only a flying visit as I'm going back stateside on Monday!

And yes Mick, They have definitely got it right.

What time did it finish Mick? Ideally this tourney with 100 runners should finish around 6am I think.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:
    What time did it finish Mick? Ideally this tourney with 100 runners should finish around 6am I think.

Final Table started at 4AM. It took about 2 hours to get from 14 players to 9 which was unusual but mainly because the shortstacks kept surviving...

Advertisement