Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Damastown

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oh fcuk off.

Where were you then 4 hours ago when MayMay was looking for directions.
    I was on line and did my best for her the way I used to travel and still do if I am going to maynooth as I live in the clonsilla area and have done for the last 10 years.

If anyone has a route that would be quicker for her I am sure that she will be thrilled to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Thaedydal wrote:
    oh fcuk off.

I was on line and did my best for her the way I used to travel and still do if I am going to maynooth as I live in the clonsilla area and have done for the last 10 years.

If anyone has a route that would be quicker for her I am sure that she will be thrilled to hear it.
    With all due respect, it is a quite roundabout way of getting there and the OP is going to Damastown, not Clonsilla. I live in Clonsilla and went to college in Maynooth and your route is the route I used to take when I was driving, however during rush hour it most certainly is not the quickest route to Damastown.
    My route is the most direct if you ask me.
    1. Leave Maynooth village towards Leixlip (passing Tesco on your right)
    2. Take the first turn left after the Tesco roundabout
    3. Follow this road to Dunboyne
    4. At the traffic lights in Dunboyne, turn right
    5. Continue straight til the small roundabout (dot in road) and take the 2nd exit
    6. At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit, you will pass over the N3 dual-carraigeway
    7. At the next roundabout, turn right (2nd exit)
    8. Continue along this straight road until the next junction where you will turn left
    9. Arrive Damastown Ind Est
    routeie0.th.jpg

Anyway, how did the OP get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

cymro wrote:
    :eek: not finished/signposted? they have been there for ages. Try and get some local knowledge before you send people on a mystery tour.

ya he would be a great taxi driver. " Ah this is the way" "Thats off the meter" "Interview ya, you'ill be tipping me then, as you will be loaded and earn about 1/4 of what I do":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Many thanks to Thaedydal, he really helped me out lastnight. Maybe the other routes ye mentioned are better and it took me a while to get there but at least I got there eventually with Thaedydal's help lastnight and without him I'd have been completely lost so I'm very grateful, thanks Thaedydal :D

You are welcome MayMay and it is she by the way.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote:
    You are welcome MayMay and it is she by the way.
    Oh sorry :) Thanks again anyway, appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Thaedydal wrote:
    oh fcuk off.

fcuk off? you are supposed to be a moderator.Why are you giving out when all i posted was proper information when you were sending maymay way out of her way. :mad:

I HOPE MAYMAY GOT THE JOB.
    p.s; Go the way fletch said you'll get there in about 20mins maymay.

I don't moderate this forum, I am a normal poster here like anyone else.
    If you have a problem with any of my posts use the report post function like you would with any other poster.

I wasn't sending her on a mystery tour she got there, the instructions were clear and consice as possible with things for her to look out for on her way as she had never been there before.

IF there is a better way then great cool I don't have a problem with that
    I did what I could to help her as no one else was on line and I do not like being slamed for that.

I was'nt slaming you, just pointing out where you were going wrong. You are free to post what information you think helpful but don't get wound up when someone tells you diffrently. I just couldnt belive when you said the road from maynooth to dunboyne wasnt finished or signposted since you were there last thats all. I suggest you think before you post.

cymro wrote:
    I just couldnt belive when you said the road from maynooth to dunboyne wasnt finished or signposted since you were there last thats all.

It wasn't, the last time I was in that specifc area, are you suggesting that I am lying ?

Anyone can easily travel to maynooth and not turn off down to those roads,
    either by going via lexslip or kelly's lane.

cymro wrote:
    I suggest you think before you post.

Ditto.

• Advertisement

The road in question is when leaving maynooth on the leixlip its the first left after tescos that runs along the back of the carton estate., This road has been there for decades.
    lying? NO i didnt suggest that at all. CONFUSED YES.
    Yes i know you can get to maynooth that way, but were talking about maynooth to damastown and not clonsilla.
    Fair play to you, you tried your best .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

fletch wrote:
    My route is the most direct if you ask me.
    5. Continue straight til the small roundabout (dot in road) and take the 2nd exit
    6. At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit, you will pass over the N3 dual-carraigeway
    8. Continue along this straight road until the next junction where you will turn left
    routeie0.th.jpg

Anyway, how did the OP get on?

Hi MayMay

This is definitely the quickest route. After traveling it you will see that it's the most straightforward and direct as well. You should do the journey in under 30 minutes, and there isn't really anywhere for you to get held up-you will only pass around 2 sets of traffic lights on the journey. Some of the other routes suggested might be a bit confusing for you as you aren't familiar with the area, and they will take you out of your way needlessly

Hope it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

fletch wrote:
    routeie0.th.jpg

?
    I would do this route a lot. At different times of the day (often a number of times a day, including rush hours, I have found this to be the best way by far.
    The only problem might be Dunboyne when the schools are getting off, but even still the traffic moves well and you are through it quickly.
    I have tried many different routes, and this is the quickest (did it today 4 times!)
    Oh and be careful on the approach to dunboyne, the 50km/h zone has been extended a bit, and the boys in blue have been there twice this week, in different spots, with a big line of people pulled;)

Got there in no time today with that route, thanks. Got the job too so that's good. Thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MayMay wrote:
    Got there in no time today with that route, thanks. Got the job too so that's good. Thanks again everyone.
    Congrats!

nice one.

Congratuations Maymay.

Advertisement