Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine level crossing closing times (8:00-8:30am)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Ive no sympathy with drivers complaining about the traffic in clonsilla, there is a new road running from the back of power city straight to ongar. A lot of these cars need not go anywhere near clonsilla village.
    I welcome the new footbridge at the station but you are still going to get people getting off the bus on the clonsilla road and crossing the road bridge and same when after getting off the train.
    People of dublin 15 and councillors have campaigned for years to get extra trains and a dart like service, and when they get them the first thing they do is give out about the traffic. The same people that called for more housing in the area. More houses = more cars.
    Is there going to be a meltdown when the line gets electrified and in about 3 years when the navan line opens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

I use the level crossing at St. Mochtas FC which is on the Dublin side of the Clonsilla station.
    Many mornings between 8 and 8.30 I can be waiting over 6 minutes while trains pass.
    Also there is a train just before 8 as well which usually has the gates closed for over 4 minutes.

There is a real issue there with the level crossings. I know because I experience it daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The bridge here is very narrow only room for one lane of cars to cross so adds to the wait if your side doesnt go first.
    If im going through carpenterstown in the mornings, i avoid coolmine altogether. I go over the new rail bridge near st mochtas and straight round the new houses diswelstown? and come back round by the school . You can also take a right at one of the roundabouts on this road and it will bring you out at the roundabout after coolmine station with no need for waiting at gates.

Advertisement