Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New M50 Speed Camera??

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jamesdublin12

has anyone got the points that got caught yet (or thinks they were caught)

I was on it on the easter satuday whcih was nearly 4 weeks ago now (now i was doing the 60kph or a little over maybe) but I had to move outta the fast lane into the slow lane (cos i used easy pass) so speed up slightly cos some asshole behind me was gonna cause an accident (not to mention the accident i would have caused at my snail pace)

But I never knew there was a camera even there til i read it on this (but I still have doubts i was doing just over, as its so easy to speed up without knowing after being going so fast).

Anyway, has anyone got caught and got the fine in the post etc, and how long did it take to come out, cos I am on my 4th week and heard nothing yet....... or even if u have advice about how long normally takes the points to come out if u get caught on camera.

thanks,

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It usually takes a few weeks but they have up to six months before the 'charge' becomes void.
    When you passed the camera, did it give out two bright flashes? If not then its fairly safe to get off the toilet!
    Now for the predictable bit: as for the 'fast' lane - there is no fast lane on our motorway/dual carriageway network! i presume you are referring to the overtaking lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

If two car's are passing over the white lines in front of the speed camera at the exact same time, one speeding and one not, can the camera determine which car?

I assume it can, just wondering as earlier today passing the tallaght speed camera on the m50 I was in the left lane dragging along at 60kmh when an Alfa passed me in the right lane doing at least 80kmh, both of use were passing the camera at the same time which is why I ask.

This IIRC was already answered in this thread!
    The camera can detect the speeding car as it moves over the white lines more quickly!

Well I havent got the points yet, and it'll be 4 weeks now this weekend.. anyone that has been pulled over said normally about 2 weeks before they get something out in the post. As I answered before I never saw a flash, didnt even know that there was a camera.

Think I am ok, cos the car in front and behind were going slowesh, and I was the same speed as them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If two car's are passing over the white lines in front of the speed camera at the exact same time, one speeding and one not, can the camera determine which car?

I assume it can, just wondering as earlier today passing the tallaght speed camera on the m50 I was in the left lane dragging along at 60kmh when an Alfa passed me in the right lane doing at least 80kmh, both of use were passing the camera at the same time which is why I ask.

The camera doesn't. The human that looks at the resulting photographs does.

has any got he points for speeding on the m50 from the camera snapping yet?
    If so, how long they take to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

You really are worried about these points!! I haven't heard of anyone getting the points so far.

I am worried, as I am starting a new job, and I cant have any points on my license or I can lose it.. I think i am ok though, cos i was on it on the 7th April.. what u think????

any rekon i got away with it, and it didnt catch me (althought I rekon I was ok cos i was watching my speed).

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

I am worried, as I am starting a new job, and I cant have any points on my license or I can lose it.. I think i am ok though, cos i was on it on the 7th April.. what u think????

any rekon i got away with it, and it didnt catch me (althought I rekon I was ok cos i was watching my speed).

If your job really is on the line perhaps you could convience someone else to remember that they were driving at the time and then they take the points instead ;-)

• Advertisement

I suppose I could ask my dad to take em, but thats not nice to ask him to do that either though....

please remember that that practce is illegal and there is nothing stopping gardai following you up on your posts here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

I was just wondering do u know there as your heading down to orwell near thr Russian embassy there is always a Cop there with a camera on a motor cycle, well i was just wondering, do es he go after u if ur over the limit or does he just send a ticket out in the post i noticed a lot of cars passiing him a t one stage and he didnt even bother putting the camera on ????:o

Advertisement