Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite verses / quotes from the Bible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mike5

Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10).

The Free Gift of Life Forever

Romans 6:22-23 But now you are free from sin and have become slaves of God.
    This brings you a life that is only for God, and this gives you life forever.
    The payment for sin is death.
    But God gives us the free gift of life forever in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Psalm 150

Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in His sanctuary: praise Him in the firmament of His power.
    Praise Him for His mighty acts: praise Him according to His excellent greatness.
    Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet: praise Him with the psaltery and the harp.
    Praise Him with the timbrel and dance: praise Him with stringed instruments and organs.
    Praise Him upon the loud cymbals: praise Him upon the highest sounding cymbals.
    Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.
    (KJV)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭booksale

Ecclesiastes 3:1
    There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
    He has made everything beautiful in its time.

Isaiah 49:15-16
    Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

Isaiah 49:23
    ...Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

There is a really good series of sermons on Ecclesiastes by Peter Robertson of St Peters Church in Dundee to be found here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭booksale

THANKS, will listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Piri

Revelation 1. 5-8

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 7Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Keylem

Luke 1: 46-55

46 And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord.

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

48 Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

49 Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name.

50 And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him.

51 He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.

52 He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.

53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

54 He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy:

55 As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever.

+ Always remember, My beloved ones, that the Spirit of Christ [the Holy Spirit] "abiding" [dwelling] within you is greater than the spirit of antichrist - and all those they work through.

, "Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater [mightier] than he who is in the world", 1 John 4:4 The Amplified Translation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Trolling deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Keylem

Luke 23:43

And Jesus said to him, Truly I say to you, To day shall you be with me in paradise

I hope to hear those words someday! :)

+ Natural wisdom says "give me much and I will surely be faithful with it" but I [Wisdom] say, "if one is not faithful to Me in even the smallest thing [detail] THEN neither will they be found faithful in the big things".

...."He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much".... Luke 16:10 NASB

"But KNOW this, '

that in the last days

perilous times will come . . .

Evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse,

deceiving (lying) and being deceived."

(2 Timothy 3:1, 13)

SO LET'S TRUST THE LORD JESUS ALONE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Proverbs 21:19 (New Living Translation)

"It is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby, complaining wife."

...."Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed".... Proverbs 16:3 The Amplified Translation

+ True Covenant-relationship [in My Kingdom] ALWAYS brings out the "best" in one another - for one another.

...."Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity!".... Psalms 133:1 NASB

"He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water".... John 7:38 The Amplified Translation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shona Happy

2 kings chapter 2. the story of Elijia going up to heaven. I dont have it memerized its too long but the whole chapter. (did u know that in the bible God says fear not 366 times, one for every day of the year including leap year?)

I continually make a way where there is no [apparent] way for the one who is truly seeking Me with all of their heart.

...."I will open rivers on the bare heights and springs in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water And the dry land fountains of water".... Isaiah 41:18 NASB

• Advertisement

...."for we walk by faith, not by sight".... 2 Corinthians 5:7 NASB

...."Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness [desire to be righteously motivated in all things], for they shall be satisfied".... Matthew 5:6 NASB

(✿◠‿◠)❀♥ GLORY GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH
    ✫, •°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ✫, •°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ✫, •°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ✫.
    , °*”˜˜”*°░4░░G░O░D░░S░O░ ░L░O░V░E░D░ *”˜˜”*° , °°*”˜˜”*°░T░H░E░░W░O░R░L░D░°*”˜˜”*°,
    , ░T░H░A░T░,
    ✫•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ✫, •°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ✫, •°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ✫
    ★★★★★★★★★★★░H░E░★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
    , °*”˜˜”**♥G░A░V░E░░H░I░S░░O░N░L░Y░°*”˜˜”*°,
    ❀ܓ❀ ܓ░B░E░G░O░T░T░E░N░░♥S░O░N░❀ܓ❀ ܓ
    *”˜˜”*°░T░H░A░T░░W░H░O░S░O░E░V░E░R░░*”˜˜”*°
    *”˜˜”*°░B░E░L░I░E░V░E░T░H░░░I░N░░H░I░M(✿◠‿◠)❀♥
    ❀ܓ❀ ܓ░W░I░L░L░░N░O░T░░P░E░R░I░S░H░❀ܓ❀ ܓ
    .ƸӜƷ*”*°•°*”˜˜”*°░B░U░T░░H░A░V░E░°*”˜˜”*°˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ
    , ۩ஜ, E░V░E░R░L░A░S░T░I░N░G░░L░I░F░E, ۩ஜ.

John 3:16

Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the Word, that He might present the church to Himself in glorious splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such things [that she might be holy and faultless]".... Ephesians 5:25-27 The Amplified Translation

...."Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God".... Matthew 5:8 NASB

...."He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him".... John 7:18 NASB

...."He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him".... John 7:18 NAS
    B

31124_124300357584754_100000143704068_345522_4082192_n.jpg%C2%A0

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daveaherne

I'm a rather immature troll.

• Advertisement

21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.' 22But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[c] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell[d] of fire. 23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. 26Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.[e]
    matthew 5 : 21 - 26

Advertisement