Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baggage fares boycott

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Every time ive been on a package holiday flight,20kgs seems to be the norm apart when it was 30kgs aer lingus to america. My gripe is that aer lingus checking staff get a cut of the new baggage charges.
    I got hit for 90 euros when coming back from the canaries 3 years ago, prams/buggys etc was included in the weight, everyone on the flight ( one of the last one out) was done by it and i was over by just 9kgs.
    If the fat cabin attendant had lost a bit of weight i would have been able to bring on an extra bag.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

cymro wrote:
    My gripe is that aer lingus checking staff get a cut of the new baggage charges.

So? It was zero tolerance anyway. Imo, the checkin staff deserve a cut as they'll be the ones having to listen to eejits who brought half their worldly possessions on holidays with them (despite being well aware of the baggage limit) whine and complain all day.

People stuck behind those eejits should also get a cut ;)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Ive no problem with the limits just that the check-in staff get a cut from any extra baggage that is checked in and not overweight like i said in last post., this means they will get you to check in as many bags as possible. Aer lingus staff are the friendliest airline crew ive traveled with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Stark wrote:
    So? It was zero tolerance anyway. Imo, the checkin staff deserve a cut as they'll be the ones having to listen to eejits who brought half their worldly possessions on holidays with them (despite being well aware of the baggage limit) whine and complain all day.

People stuck behind those eejits should also get a cut ;)
    Watch Airport or Airline one day. The amount of steaming great idiots in airports is unbelievable. Its as if the customer side of an airline check-in desk is a magnet for stupidity and the check-in staff side a repository of ceaseless tolerance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You have never experienced a check in queue for an airline like PIA. People with litterly tonnes of luggage including the kitchen sink. And then the heated discussions regardling excess baggage charges. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I went away for 10 days and I think the weigh thing at the checkin desk said 12KG. Who needs 20KG? I thought I had too much stuff in my bag anyway!

15KG hand luggage? eek ...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,298 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cymro wrote:
    Ive no problem with the limits just that the check-in staff get a cut from any extra baggage that is checked in and not overweight like i said in last post., this means they will get you to check in as many bags as possible. Aer lingus staff are the friendliest airline crew ive traveled with.
    They can't make you bring extra bags to be checked in. If your hand baggage is compliant, they have no reason to make you check it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Winters wrote:
    How does one boycott Aer Lingus and Ryanair when their practically have a monopoly of routes out of Ireland?

Even if one was to try to boycott paying baggage charges, unless you are on a day trip it is impossible.

Shame on the airlines.

We have no choice. We have to check in bags and we have to pay for them.

Well for those going to London we have bmi who provide a superb service, no baggage charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Are laptops permitted on Transatlantic flights?
    It doesn't specifically mention them on the Aer Lingus site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes they but they are no use really once the battery goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Bond-007 wrote:
    Yes they but they are no use really once the battery goes.
    Try business class - On SAS, they had in-seat power source and on-board wireless access. It was great to be able to IM family & friends from 33,000 feet over Greenland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I seem to recall that a deal was in fact done with EI check-in staff for them to get a basic pay amount for luggage charges and a % if the total charged was over a certain amount/month.

Advertisement