Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Festival at the Cue Club (killarney)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

cheers connie,we're heading off tomorrow,looking forward to a fun filled weekend

yeah eoin you know him,he's from one of those rough places,erm limerick i think it's called
    when you heading to kerry straddle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

cheers connie,we're heading off tomorrow,looking forward to a fun filled weekend

yeah eoin you know him,he's from one of those rough places,erm limerick i think it's called
    when you heading to kerry straddle?

Heading down this evening Danny. Craic will be had.

Sorry Tobin, its Lyonzy. Was meant to be a joke, of course your welcome...just hope your not at my table. :)
    We must catch up, its been awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Unfortunately amnt gonna make this as im 12 hours short of the hours required for the emporium cash game league dealio on tuesday, so gonna be in there tonight/tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone heading down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

Heading down this evening Danny. Craic will be had.

Sorry Tobin, its Lyonzy. Was meant to be a joke, of course your welcome...just hope your not at my table. :)
    We must catch up, its been awhile.

lol lyonzy,i know its you.

its been a while alright,hope to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

ianmc38 wrote:
    Unfortunately amnt gonna make this as im 12 hours short of the hours required for the emporium cash game league dealio on tuesday, so gonna be in there tonight/tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone heading down.

Sorry to hear you cant make it Ian, next time maybe. Hope your Aces hold up in the SE

Connie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

was gonna head out for this ,unfortunately i couldn’t get away as its my birth day tomorrow and im whipped.

Gholimoli wrote:
    was gonna head out for this ,unfortunately i couldn’t get away as its my birth day tomorrow and im whipped.

your mum catch you playing internet poker again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi Connie,

I'll be down early enough tomorrow.....Any interest in single table satellites for the €440 in the afternoon?

ianmc38 wrote:
    your mum catch you playing internet poker again?
    she is gone back as of yesterday.

the only bad thing now is i have not played online for so long i dont know how to do it any more.

Gholimoli wrote:
    she is gone back as of yesterday.

the only bad thing now is i have not played online for so long i dont know how to do it any more.

Did you ever?

• Advertisement

ianmc38 wrote:
    Did you ever?
    ofcourse i did.
    i won a donkament once and i came second in an STT twice.
    i bet anything that is better than you ?

carfax wrote:
    Hi Connie,

I'll be down early enough tomorrow.....Any interest in single table satellites for the €440 in the afternoon?

Dont see a problem with that steve. Ill mention it tonight to the lads. (am I looking for 8 to fill a STT :ie you and your dad being 2)

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Best of Luck to all Playing in this event , From only knowing Connie i reckon this will be a players event and ye will be made feel at home , I cant make this one but im sure ill get the Kingdom Poker experiece soon ..

Hopefully u will have a few updates during this event Connie .. Alls left to say is Shuffle up and deal my friend

Neill K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Best of Luck to all Playing in this event , From only knowing Connie i reckon this will be a players event and ye will be made feel at home , I cant make this one but im sure ill get the Kingdom Poker experiece soon ..

Hopefully u will have a few updates during this event Connie .. Alls left to say is Shuffle up and deal my friend

Neill K

:D typical kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Uggggghhhhh!!!

Played terrible in this, great tournament though and one of the toughest fields going really......The standard is really high generally in Kerry, all very solid players really and all capable of laying down hands (unlike me).

One pot to speak of;
    Folded around to me in small bliind (150-300 at this stage).
    I have 18,000 BB has a little less than 11,000.

I find pocket tens (first starting hand in three hours and have been playing really tight luckboxing my way to my current stack in one hand)......Raise to 900......BB calls.

Flop K - 5 - T (two diamonds).
    I bet 1200, he calls.....(I'm putting him on K-J, defo not the flush draw and I have put him on a medium strength hand pre-flop - so perfect situation as he obviously thinks he's winning.....
    Turn is Qs....I bet 3,200, he calls leaving him with only 4,300 behind (pot is now 10,600).
    River is Jd.....(Board now reads K-Q-J-T-5 with three diamontes).....

I check he bets 4,300 all-in......What are the chances my hand is good?.....(I'm only asking 'cos I'm interested in hearing peoples opinions but know that I am beat).....

carfax wrote:
    Uggggghhhhh!!!

I find pocket tens (first starting hand in three hours and have been playing really tight luckboxing my way to my current stack in one hand)......Raise to 900......BB calls.

Flop K - 5 - T (two diamonds).
    I bet 1200, he calls.....(I'm putting him on K-J, defo not the flush draw and I have put him on a medium strength hand pre-flop - so perfect situation as he obviously thinks he's winning.....
    Turn is Qs....I bet 3,200, he calls leaving him with only 4,300 behind (pot is now 10,600).
    River is Jd.....(Board now reads K-Q-J-T-5 with three diamontes).....

I check he bets 4,300 all-in......What are the chances my hand is good?.....(I'm only asking 'cos I'm interested in hearing peoples opinions but know that I am beat).....

In spite of the size of the pot, i think you have to fold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

Any updates on how the ME went?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

gocall01 wrote:
    Any updates on how the ME went?

I'm sure Connie will update tomorrow fully tomorrow. From what I know, the following is the result:

1st - Geoff (Mormank on Boards) from Limerick
    2nd - Kevin (don't know surname) from Cork
    3rd - The Clamper
    4th - Billy Holian - Killarney
    5th - Derry O'Sullivan (Connie's son)
    6th - James Lee - Kerry
    7th - Greg Clarke - Killarney
    8th - Myself
    9th - Colm from Cork

Super tournament with great structure and very high standard of play.
    I had never met the winner, Geoff, before. He's a dealer at the New Vic in Limerick. Very nice guy and a terrific player, he fully deserved his win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Lplate wrote:
    I had never met the winner, Geoff, before. He's a dealer at the New Vic in Limerick. Very nice guy and a terrific player, he fully deserved his win.

Geoff's an awful player and a complete luckbox :D

(only joking mate)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Great weekend. My cashgame selection left a lot to be desired but a few big gambles paid off.

Many thanks to Connie for being a terrific host again...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

I'm just back a few mins ago and had to post my compliments to Connie and Co. for a great tourney, super structure all the way including the satellite, which are normally donk fests and very fast

this is one of the best clubs in Ireland for atmosphere and would be up ther in my vieww as a real players club, no crap just play the game and have a bit of banter.

Connie and co are customer service oriented up the wazoo, nothing is a problem, everything in do-able

of course i may be a little biased, having played their €50 sat for a ticket, winning one and then coming in third place, how could i complain about that?
    not half bad

there is talk of these guys doing something really big, so watch this space for an announcement later in the year

if you get the chance to play in this club, take it

i cant say enough about their hospitality and can do attitude, as the blokes from Thunderbirds would say " everything was F.A.B. and all systems go"

mega, well done Connie and the great staff

Dealers were excellent and i forgot to mention that the locals can hold their own, so watch yourself, if you have any ideas of an easy buck, think again, these guys can play, i was Mr Luckbox to get a result here.

Clamper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭mormank

i would have to agree with the clamper's comments about the club in killarney regardin the atmosphere and the staff of the club. great tournie structure also. pity you couldnt make it down chopper. you mightve been able to take second!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭poorbarman

great tourney as usual,luckboxed my way to 5th place after being down to the felt during the second level.Now i can put a few more faces to names!
    Congrats to mormank.Well played sir.............

Thanks for all the compliments lads. It does mean a lot to us. (Its in the kerry physche I think to be customer orientated, probably a lot to do with tourism being Kerrys no.1 industry), so having satisfied customers talking us up is a sign of a job well done.

The main event was a tremendous tournament with a v high standard of play. The structure worked well I think as when they came back today for the FT, blinds were 1500-3000 (300 ante), with the av stack being 60k so plenty of play was left(FT lasted 5 hours).
    The winner was Geoff Kearney(mormank on boards) from Limerick with Kevin Mcdonnell from Cork in 2nd place. Other boardies on the FT included the clamper(3rd), poorbarman(5th) and Lplate(8th).

PS: Nicky Power chopped the support event with Keith Cummins just a few minutes ago and now we're off to the niteclub to wind down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

mormank wrote:
    i would have to agree with the clamper's comments about the club in killarney regardin the atmosphere and the staff of the club. great tournie structure also. pity you couldnt make it down chopper. you mightve been able to take second!!

With the way I'm running I doubt it - at least now you can give me sponsorship to play :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

connie147 wrote:

PS: Nicky Power chopped the support event with Keith Cummins just a few minutes ago and now we're off to the niteclub to wind down.

UP THE DEISE

Waterford.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

great weekend as ever in the cueclub. highlight has to be, being 21 pts behind flipper on the brown so only 22 pts on the table and nicnicnic takes it down " get in there" sweetest €100 i ever won:p

Advertisement