Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Festival at the Cue Club (killarney)

Options
  • 20-03-2007 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Our spring festival has been fixed for April 27/28 and 29.
    The main event will be a €400 freeze out, 2 day game with 45min clock.
    Friday the 27th will be a super satt. for the main event, while the support event on sunday will be a €150 f/o with a 30min clock.

MAIN EVENT--SAT/SUN APRIL 28th & 29th.
    (details)
    1:Run by Cue Club Card Rooms,Killarney.
    2:For commertial reasons.
    3:Main event April 28 & 29,at Cue Club Killarney.
    4:reg at 3.00pm, cards in the air at 4.00pm.
    5:No pre-requisites.
    6:max number is 80. tickets can be bought beforehand by contacting us.
    7:NL hold'em.
    8:€400 entry fee.no rebuys/top-up.
    9:Reg fee:--€40.
    10:100% of entry fee into the prize pool.
    11:Prizepool has no guarantee.
    12:N/A.
    13:10,000 starting stack.
    14:N/A.
    15:25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    150-300
    200-400
    300-600
    400-800
    500-1,000
    500-1,000--100ante
    600-1,200--100ante
    800-1,500--200ante
    1,000-2,000--200ante
    1,500-3,000--300ante
    2,000-4,000--500ante
    3,000-6,000--500ante
    4,000-8,000--500ante
    5,000-10,000--1,000ante
    6,000-12,000--1,000ante
    8,000-15,000--1,500ante
    10,000-20,000--2,000ante
    15,000-30,000--3,000ante.

Blind structure from here on at TD,s discretion.
    16:Blinds are 45mins all the way.
    17:10% of the field will be paid.
    18:dealers at all tables.
    19:documented list of rules available.
    20:Connie Osullivan will be TD whose decision will be final.

Accomadation has been agreed with the Eviston Houise Hotel in the town centre(3 mins walk from club) for €40 pps.b&b.

Any enquiries can be answered here on this thread, by pm or by ringing the club on 064-30057 or my mobile 087-2833343.

Connie o Sullivan

The Friday night super satt will be a 50€ rebuy with 20 min blinds.(8.00pm)
    The Sunday €150 f/o will have 30min blinds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

No way I'm missing this.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, I hope to be down as well Connie!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

yep Dev, you know your always welcome in Killarney. Look forward to seeing you.

You too Eoghan.Your due a bit of luck down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

Any road trips being organised for this from around the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Gonna try to make it down to this one too Connie.

• Advertisement

carfax wrote:
    Gonna try to make it down to this one too Connie.

Nice one Steve, Sorry for the late response to your post, but I was away in Vegas for the last week and im only just back.
    Hope to see you then

Cheers, Connie

Bumped for Doc Farrell and all other interested boardsters.

connie147 wrote:
    Nice one Steve, Sorry for the late response to your post, but I was away in Vegas for the last week and im only just back.
    Hope to see you then

Cheers, Connie

No worries Connie, hope you had a good time. I'm 90% for this one now.......Will give you a ring during the week to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

thanks Connie,

40 euro b&B is great value.

gonna try to get my act together for this one and make a weekend of it.

I'm tempted to offer a lift but I'll hold off till I'm sure I can free up the time.
    its also a helluva long trip to listen to one of tom's shaggy dog stories! :D

but it sounds like fun alright.
    glad the Chinese gambling community reimbursed me last night for my Burlington disaster.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Deffo on for a road trip for this one. I arrive back from a business trip to Prague the night of the 27th but I'll be down for Saturday and Sunday. The craic is great in the local hotel usually and the cash action is fantastic so even if you exit the main event, theres plenty to enjoy!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

If anyones driving down ill head down for this for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Never been to the Cue Club but seriously thinking about going down for this. The structure looks excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

ian and tom and carfax and piper t, you're more than welcome to a lift on the Friday at say about noon but i can't confirm if i can go for about a week.

may be moving to a new place in ranelagh so its all a bit of a disaster at the moment.

carfax wrote:
    No worries Connie, hope you had a good time. I'm 90% for this one now.......Will give you a ring during the week to confirm.
    `
    Hi Steve,
    Yep, we had a great time out there.Look forward to seeing you in the kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

myself and Richie are 100% heading down for this Connie

looking forward to it

do we have to reserve places or is it ok to turn up on the day???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Gutted to be missing this, unfortunately I'm in Madrid that weekend.

I would highly recommend the trip down to anyone thinking about it, will be a great weekend.

Best of luck with the festival Connie.

mdwexford wrote:
    myself and Richie are 100% heading down for this Connie

looking forward to it

do we have to reserve places or is it ok to turn up on the day???

Consider youself booked lads. Let me know if you want me to book the hotel for ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

connie147 wrote:
    Consider youself booked lads. Let me know if you want me to book the hotel for ye.

Ya book us for friday and saturday pls Connie. (ill most likely hang around sunday but MD will probably head home moaning about some bad beat or somethin:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

connie147 wrote:
    Consider youself booked lads. Let me know if you want me to book the hotel for ye
    Ya book us for friday and saturday pls Connie...

make it a nice snug room - congrats to the "boys" - it's about time they went public :p

bops wrote:
    make it a nice snug room - congrats to the "boys" - it's about time they went public :p

:mad:

• Advertisement

Ya book us for friday and saturday pls Connie. (ill most likely hang around sunday but MD will probably head home moaning about some bad beat or somethin:D )

Ye're booked into the Eviston House Hotel, New St Killarney(3 mis walk from club)

ianmc38 wrote:
    If anyones driving down ill head down for this for sure.

Hi Ian.
    Glad to hear your thinking of returning to the kingdom. Doc Farrell has posted offering boardsters a spin so maybe you could check with him.#

Connie

connie147 wrote:
    Hi Ian.
    Glad to hear your thinking of returning to the kingdom. Doc Farrell has posted offering boardsters a spin so maybe you could check with him.#

Connie

Hi Connie,

Can you book myself and Leslie Mc Lean in for this please......Are you booking the hotel or do I need to call them myself?.......We'll be arriving down the day of the €400 event and will be staying for the Sunday too. Are you expecting a full house?.....Or close to it?

connie147 wrote:
    Ye're booked into the Eviston House Hotel, New St Killarney(3 mis walk from club)

Ty Connie, think i stayed the when there was an Irish Pool tournament there. Cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

the last couple of times i went to Killarney, i was arrested and spent too much time drinking to ever see the outside of a pub or garda station, so i may just take the trip

the name cue club suggests snooker or pool, do you still have them?

maybe a pool tourney for davids would be appropriate, i'll dig out my ol stick and chance my arm, though my peepers aint what they used to be, we better make it a handicap

i hope to get there connie, but in case i dont, i wish you the very best and hope its full, there is nothing like having to turn people away

ps, do they still do banquets in the castle ?? last time i was there i seem to remember wrecking the joint coz some loud mouthed yank slagged a local girl with a big chest or something, i was probably only looking for an excuse, i was like bthat back then, the bloody gargle had a hold of me,
    drink = curse of the working class
    as soon as i gave up work i was ok
    :cool:

maybe a pool tourney for davids would be appropriate, i'll dig out my ol stick and chance my arm,

i

i like this idea better than the poker:D

the last couple of times i went to Killarney, i was arrested and spent too much time drinking to ever see the outside of a pub or garda station, so i may just take the trip

maybe a pool tourney for davids would be appropriate, i'll dig out my ol stick and chance my arm, though my peepers aint what they used to be, we better make it a handicap

i hope to get there connie, but in case i dont, i wish you the very best and hope its full, there is nothing like having to turn people away

ps, do they still do banquets in the castle ?? last time i was there i seem to remember wrecking the joint coz some loud mouthed yank slagged a local girl with a big chest or something, i was probably only looking for an excuse, i was like bthat back then, the bloody gargle had a hold of me,
    drink = curse of the working class
    as soon as i gave up work i was ok
    :cool:

Are you going to head down to Killarney Clamper?, it will be a great laugh and yes its a snooker club too.

carfax wrote:
    Hi Connie,

Can you book myself and Leslie Mc Lean in for this please......Are you booking the hotel or do I need to call them myself?.......We'll be arriving down the day of the €400 event and will be staying for the Sunday too. Are you expecting a full house?.....Or close to it?

Hi Steven,
    Yep I'm expecting it to be close to full. 50 entries already and our max will be 80.I'll know better closer to the date.

Ps---Ive booked ye a twin for two nights in the Eviston House Hotel, New St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭john@thenewvic

Connie,
    could you hold onto 2 tickets for us here in the vic. Gonna run a sat for it. Will give you a bell tomorrow to fill you in.

Anyone reading this who hasnt been down to the cue club should do themselves a favour and do so, specially for an event like this. Good people down there.

• Advertisement

Connie,
    could you hold onto 2 tickets for us here in the vic. Gonna run a sat for it. Will give you a bell tomorrow to fill you in.

Anyone reading this who hasnt been down to the cue club should do themselves a favour and do so, specially for an event like this. Good people down there.

No problem with that John, be delighted to. Gimme a call with the names whenever ye,re finished and thanks a lot.

Connie

Advertisement