Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stars Irish Open MTT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Friday @ 21:00
    I think I likely wont make this, I'm fecked and goin to bed (up since 5:30pm yesterday)

best of luck too all concerned, If I wake up in time,I might login and offer random abuse from the rail!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Thursday @ 21:00
    I was all geared up for this
    fecking NTL.
    Anyone else not being able to connect with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Any of the above
    Ok, this is now setup in the private tourneys area. It looks like Stars aren't going to help with customizing the tournament so unfortunately it'll just be a regular top 10% payout. That said, 1st place should cover the majority of an IO ticket and 2nd will have at least a buyin to the 1k side event. I have badgered them about this but it seems they're not interested.

So anyways, get registering and good luck tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

nice work Ian, you get some sort of luck credit from the pokah gods for this

lol at the password

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

god work Ian...hopefully I'll be there to donate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,135 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ianmc38 wrote:
    Ok, this is now setup in the private tourneys area. It looks like Stars aren't going to help with customizing the tournament so unfortunately it'll just be a regular top 10% payout. That said, 1st place should cover the majority of an IO ticket and 2nd will have at least a buyin to the 1k side event. I have badgered them about this but it seems they're not interested.

So anyways, get registering and good luck tonight.

Booo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Dearest lloydus maximus... ceaser of all things poker... transfer me moneys for whcih to play this!

EDIT: scratch that... just seen this is 100+9.. you'll lose a fair % of players from this. big jump from 80 - 110, if you only have say 300-400 bankroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

worst value tournament ever :)

Any of the above
    ditpoker wrote:
    Dearest lloydus maximus... ceaser of all things poker... transfer me moneys for whcih to play this!

EDIT: scratch that... just seen this is 100+9.. you'll lose a fair % of players from this. big jump from 80 - 110, if you only have say 300-400 bankroll.

It's now 100+9 instead of 80+8 ie an increase of $21 = €15.

I dont think we'll lose too many players apart from all the busto students playing outside their bankrolls :p

BTW: The price change was forced. The only other option available was to make it a $50 freezeout. Stupid Pokerstars.

Let me see, $109 for a shallow stacked tourney against some of the better players in Ireland...VALUE!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm not sure if I can play this as I am knackered after coming back from holidays, and only in the door not long. If I can I will, if not I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Looks good, see you all later! Cheers for setting this one up Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

folks,
    due to some focked up chain of events i will have to withdraw fron this event.
    my place can be taken by some one else.

P.S i want a % from whom ever that happens to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I too will have to drop out of this one, been drafted in to play for a team that are far superior then me, lets just hope I dont get killed like the last few scrum halfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

7 players regged with 3 and a bit hours to go! Pull your collective fingers out plz!

Any of the above
    I wont be regging until 8:15 or so when i get home from the gym. Cmon peeps get in on this. There's 50+ people in the interest list and a host more who contacte dme via pm etc so get in there. I'm playing so there's at least $100 of dead money in there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Hi,
    I transferred funds to my pokerstars account BUT 4 days later it's still not there so I can't play this. (I don't usually play online to be honest so I'm not sure how long this will take) If someone could tranfer me the enterance fee I can pay them the cash in person. I'm playing Jps game on Sunday, so if yer going there I can handover the dosh. PM me and let me know. If yer not going to JPs event then ignore, as it's the only thing on my calander for thie next week.

Cheers!
    Willie.

Any of the above
    This was Stars fnal response btw:

"Hello Ian,

Private tournaments aren't yet that customizable. At this time only
    standard options are available.

Please write us again at any time if you have any questions or comments.

Regards,

Rob

PokerStars Support Team"

ianmc38 wrote:

"Hello Ian,

Private tournaments aren't yet that customizable. At this time only
    standard options are available.

Please write us again at any time if you have any questions or comments.

Regards,

Rob

PokerStars Support Team"

Iain, PM us your email address. I contacted them over this a while back. I would now like to raise a rumpus.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

ianmc38 wrote:
    I see that their default payout structure is being used :confused:

Also, is this a syndicate tournament where all players get a small % in the one player that wins a ticket?

jacQues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭FungiWalsh

I've registered. Just heard from Flipper that he's not playing, if that changes anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

jacQues wrote:
    is this a syndicate tournament where all players get a small % in the one player that wins a ticket?

jacQues

i dont know where you got that idea..Its not a ticket, its a prizepool anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Ian.

I know its not your fault but as this isnt a winner takes all ticket game I wont be playing. A std Stars structured payout will just be a 4 table SNG thats actually over my limit. The 100 was worth a shot for a ticket but not now.

Sorry

BD

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

ridiculous that stars wont allow it be winner takes all, lazizess on their part i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

can we watch this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

Im in, 17 players atm. Come on lads get registered.
    Doubt we'll get more than 45 now by the sounds of it so it should be a top 5 payout.

Typical Irish response, 60 say they're in, then 17 turn up, lol. Like a work night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I'm in so there's some more dead money....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

28-45ppl top 5 get paid
    45-100. 9 get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Solksjaer wrote:
    Hi,
    I transferred funds to my pokerstars account BUT 4 days later it's still not there so I can't play this. (I don't usually play online to be honest so I'm not sure how long this will take) If someone could tranfer me the enterance fee I can pay them the cash in person. I'm playing Jps game on Sunday, so if yer going there I can handover the dosh. PM me and let me know. If yer not going to JPs event then ignore, as it's the only thing on my calander for thie next week.

Cheers!
    Willie.

Wllie PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

I don't think I'll be playing now as I now have a ticket and only got 2 hours sleep last night so I'm pretty wrecked.

Just because Stars will not facilitate a winner takes all payout structure does not mean those who are playing cannot. Why not organise before the event that the winner gets transferred the money from those who place?

I know it sounds a little messy but Stars will probably pay the top 5 so it's not too bad.

Advertisement