Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stars Irish Open MTT

Options
  • 20-03-2007 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

Post the date that suits you best. Wednesday at 9 seems to be a popular choice and it's perfect for me, but majority rules I guess....

Which day suits you best? 50 votes

Wedneday @ 21:00
    0%
    Thursday @ 21:00
    68%
    DapperGentlethal doseShortstackshoutmanianmc38RoadSweeperocallagh5pin5dingleNalced_irlcarfaxBrendanruaneWisesmurfWhite KnightDeadParrotSparky1808El StuntmanpppspecialWH BONNEYFour of a kind 34 votes
    Friday @ 21:00
    16%
    digimanJuan Pabloshoutmanianmc38boba_fett3099eoghan104Jesus WeptJools Poker 8 votes
    Saturday @ 21:00
    2%
    digiman 1 vote
    Sunday @ 21:00
    6%
    digimanianmc38Jools Poker 3 votes
    Any of the above
    8%
    digimancharlesantoianmc38boba_fett3099 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

wednesday will suit me if I don't have to attend a funeral, will know tomorrow (Tuesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Friday @ 21:00
    Wednesday at 9 is good for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

Wednesday 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭anthony112

hi ian, i just wondered could my wife have a go, i have an account on pokerstars but it would be her that would be playing for the ticket, is the ticket transferrable, also what is the buyin, i have a ticket already so she would like a go, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Any of the above
    anthony112 wrote:
    hi ian, i just wondered could my wife have a go, i have an account on pokerstars but it would be her that would be playing for the ticket, is the ticket transferrable, also what is the buyin, i have a ticket already so she would like a go, thanks

Hi Anthony,

That's no problem. I've added you to the list.

• Advertisement

Any of the above
    Ok, it looks like Wednesday is the one that suits everyone best.

So tomorrow at 9 o clock?

I'll pm everybody the password later this evening, so watch your inboxes.

I might make it a $90 freezeout just in case there's a shortfall in numbers as there's always a few that inadvertently miss these things....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

grand so....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

ianmc38 wrote:

I might make it a $90 freezeout just in case there's a shortfall in numbers as there's always a few that inadvertently miss these things....
    $90 freezeout winner take all, ie the ticket?

Any of the above
    lafortezza wrote:
    $90 freezeout winner take all, ie the ticket?

yeah thaats the plan. I'm waiting on Stars support to get back to me. At the moment I can only choose $100 buyin with a preset payout structure. I've requested for them to make it winner takes all, $90 buyin with a deepstack structure (not sure what they're going to do though)....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

if they wont do it, i can arrange a live event, with no reg fee

that will be my contribution, now if someone wants to contribute a dealer ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

ianmc38 wrote:

Am I too late to register for this tourney? I'd like to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Jools Poker

Sunday @ 21:00
    'fraid i won't be able to play tomorrow night (wed) at 9 as I'm already playing a live satellite in Derry...hopefully someone else will be able to slot in....gl all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

Is this going ahead tonight Ian?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

NTL switched us off over the weekend (possibly something about exceeding a download cap) getting on to them today to sort it but if it doesnt work out, I may be missing this.....which sucks :(

Any of the above
    OK everyone, this has been setup correctly by stars admin for me. It's a $90 winner takes all freezeout. It's in private tournies and it's called Boards IO Satellite.

If I somehow missed you when sending out the password please pm me and I'll forward it on.

Can somebody have a quick look on Stars just to ensure all the details are correct? I'm in work so won't have the chance.

Nice wan.

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 36,135 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ianmc38 wrote:
    OK everyone, this has been setup correctly by stars admin for me. It's a $90 winner takes all freezeout. It's in private tournies and it's called Boards IO Satellite.

If I somehow missed you when sending out the password please pm me and I'll forward it on.

Can somebody have a quick look on Stars just to ensure all the details are correct? I'm in work so won't have the chance.

Nice wan.

Ian

Deepstack?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

it's not up yet, or at least I can't find it if it is.

its not up yet

Any of the above
    it's not up yet, or at least I can't find it if it is.

grr. idiots just emailed me to say I need to set it up again (i'm now unsure whether they're allowing for the $90 buyin winner takes all structure in spite of confirming it this morning in an email).

will redo at lunchtime... same details as sent in pm.

• Advertisement

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Deepstack?
    Hope not, the deepstacked structure on stars is 5k stack and 30 min blinds so expect to finish around 5am.
    The best structure for this would be to have the one they use for the $320 on Saturdays 20 minute blinds and 2500 SS.
    As its only a few hours away I guess most would be happy with the usual private tourney setup.

Hawk Eye wrote:
    Hope not, the deepstacked structure on stars is 5k stack and 30 min blinds so expect to finish around 5am.

With 60 players it would take five to six hours, so a 2 - 3am finish. And considering the prize on offer, I would like to think that everyone playing would want the max amount of play possible - so that the winner produced has to play well to qualify.

we wont get deepstack 5k anyway. we might get 2500 but even thats too much.

this is an awful value tournament and I would much prefer a turbo. 1k starting stack and blinds every 5 mins so i could spend my time more productively!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    With 60 players it would take five to six hours, so a 2 - 3am finish. And considering the prize on offer, I would like to think that everyone playing would want the max amount of play possible - so that the winner produced has to play well to qualify.

I would be thinking four hours play with a 60 runner field Lloyd......Thats plenty imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭dingle

LuckyLloyd wrote:

I guess you mustn't have any early morning lectures then? Unfortunatley some of us will have work in the morning. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

is this up on stars yet, i cant seem to find it?

Any of the above
    Nope not up yet. Waiting for Stars support to get back to me regarding the payout structure and starting stack size.

If the worst comes to the worst, it'll have to be a $100 freezeout, 1500 chips/15min levels with regular MTT payout structure.

dingle wrote:
    I guess you mustn't have any early morning lectures then? Unfortunatley some of us will have work in the morning. :rolleyes:

I'm in work in the morning (at 7:30 :( ) : but I undertsand that when I decide to play poker that it will go on till late, and I will go into work tired the next day. If that isn't the case, it means that I lost. And I hate losing much more than being tired. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I'm in work in the morning (at 7:30 :( ) : but I undertsand that when I decide to play poker that it will go on till late, and I will go into work tired the next day. If that isn't the case, it means that I lost. And I hate losing much more than being tired. :)

interesting theory, i like sleep to much though

Advertisement