Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Vs Scotland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

**** sake! :mad: :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

No i will not take that absolute tosh..

We had 2 tries with flat perhaps slightly forward passes

Dont talk alot of tosh

Disgrace ROBBED
    They were forward, and it wasnt just the trys either.

And the television official did not give teh try . The ref saw it and said unless the video guy saw anything then the try stood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

he didnt have a choice, the ref said that hed seen the grounding so it was a try unless the irish official could prove otherwise, the officials today were terrible tho...

:(

it doesn't take away the pain though.

I guess at the end of the day it was our own fault for conceding that try at the end of the Italy match. sickening though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

copacetic wrote:
    thats rubbish, we had 2 passes that were at least a metre forward and another that probably was as well.

The Fact is the REF did not see the forward passes... Did he ? no official saw the "forward" passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Camone

that is so so sick!!!
    if there were 79 min games, Ireland wouldve run away wit the championship, with last min trys v France and Italy going against them, now this
    What an anti-climax

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The Fact is the REF did not see the forward passes... Did he ? no official saw the "forward" passes.

that doesn't make them not forward though. The ref just gave france a try, so it was a try. but you are complaining about that. besides you said they were flat when they clearly weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Deep breath now ,the match is over. Will England score 57 points ?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

Archimedes wrote:
    EDIT: Commented on an above post that was later deleted, never mind.

i'll be damned if I recognise missouri!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I just hope O Driscoll is on the pitch in the world cup, we lost the six nations in the last minute against France because of a poor decision to kick a penalty rather than camp in the french 22, and we lost it for a second time in the last minute against Italy when we should have kicked the penalty and ended the game with 10 point better margin !!
    Its clear with O Driscoll off the pitch there is noone making the decisions with a clear head and its cost us dear.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I've never watched a Scotland game so closely. There goes another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

i apologse for earlier comment. i was way out of line. emotions and all that........just very dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

keep it on topic people and be nice. we are all gutted...well all except steffano.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Still it has to be said, in the end it was a fantastically interesting 6 nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

Blowfish wrote:
    Still it has to be said, in the end it was a fantastically interesting 6 nations.

yes, except for losing it, that bit sucked.

Blowfish wrote:

Yep, I'm looking forward to the World Cup with great anticipation.
    If O Driscoll is fit, no reason why we shouldn't top our group (and thus avoid New Zealand in the Quarter finals), we have nothing to fear from the French if we keep our bloody discipline and we have a captain on the pitch that keeps his head at critical decisions - like kicks in the last minute!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Sickening.

BTW does anyone actually like George Hook? I think he's such an idiot and never has a good word to say avout the Irish team despite a fantastic perfromance.

Did you hear him say "we should be fearing the Italians after today", eh we hammered them you spa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Longfield wrote:
    Yep, I'm looking forward to the World Cup with great anticipation.
    If O Driscoll is fit, no reason why we shouldn't top our group (and thus avoid New Zealand in the Quarter finals), we have nothing to fear from the French if we keep our bloody discipline and we have a captain on the pitch that keeps his head at critical decisions - like kicks in the last minute!!

Tbh, here youre making it seems New Zealand are this unbeatable force. So avoiding them in the quarter finals wont make much of a difference as we'll have to play them eventually to win the World Cup.

George Hook is a rugby fan, pure and simple, and you obviously never watched him after we beat the English in Twickenham in 2004, I'll never forget the every Irishman should feel proud speech!!

Believe me if the Irish team deserves praise he will give it, he's probably just dissapointed like the rest of us and tbh the forward passes did turn the Italian game around for us.

Lets all keep clear heads here lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

George Hook is entertaining, but he does have a tendancy to talk through his rear end about 90% of the time.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote:
    Tbh, here youre making it seems New Zealand are this unbeatable force. So avoiding them in the quarter finals wont make much of a difference as we'll have to play them eventually to win the World Cup.

You clearly havent been following their form this year, have a look at the IRB World Rankings.

I'm realistic, I dont think Ireland can win the world cup, but I do think they are one of the top three sides in the World right now, and meeting New Zealand in the quarter finals, if the French top our group its a tough draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Sorry, perhaps I wasnt clear. I wasnt stating that New Zealand arent unbeatable, I was just pointing out that if you think theyll beat us in the quarter finals, then they could beat us at a later stage even if we do avoid them. But I was not playing down New Zealand, I do see them as runaway favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

:(

it doesn't take away the pain though.

I guess at the end of the day it was our own fault for conceding that try at the end of the Italy match. sickening thoug

Sad but true ! trust the french to get that last try .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

banned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

vorbis quote

I agree with you but i sense a hefty ban coming your way!! can't see how he can award the try if there is no evidence of the ball being grounded. It is absolute bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

will everyone stop complaining saying that it was not a try because it was!! if you listen, the ref knew it would decide the championship and he said to the video ref that he tought it was a try but was there anything wrong woth it so that it wasnt (knock on) but you can clearly see that there wasn't

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it sounds like possibly RTE lost pictures when the ref said he saw it grounded and was only looking for the TMO to see if there was a reason to stop him awarding the try.

At least thats the only reason why I can think everyone on the thread is going nuts about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

timmywex wrote:
    will everyone stop complaining saying that it was not a try because it was!! if you listen, the ref knew it would decide the championship and he said to the video ref that he tought it was a try but was there anything wrong woth it so that it wasnt (knock on) but you can clearly see that there wasn't

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

fullstop wrote:
    No

look at it again and if you can, listen to the ref,

i'm pissed off too that we lost the championship but it was a fair try, just them ejits of french scoring in the last minute again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

I was watching the BBC coverage, I clearly heard the Ref say he saw the grounding and would award the try, but wanted to know if there was a foul committed before the grounding - in other words a knock on. The TMO couldn't see a foul and so the try was given.
    There was no doubt in the BBC commentators minds that the try was legit, it was only on flipping back to RTE that i heard them bitching.

Can't really blame the last minute try by the Italians for us losing the title. Can't blame the Irish team for trying to show that killer instinct that everyone says they lack. Can't blame the French for digging deep and not giving up.

It sucks. It hurts. But thats sport for ya.

Advertisement