Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to look for cheap old camper?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Franner wrote:
    AsphaltRising this is on gumtree http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/02/8734902.html.. might be worth checkin out.. I'm tempted to do so myself :).

In relation to the A-Team LDV, I think I saw it in Donabate train station this morning. I suppose the stripe makes it less anonymous.

It appears to be on a UK number plate so be aware of that if deciding to get in touch with the vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ballykine43

We are selling a 1985 Autosleeper Rapport, Renault Trafic 1.9 petrol.

EDITED (by peasant)
    Please, no direct sales ads on this board, see post below.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

*puts on moderator hat*

Ballykine 43

I have no objection in principle to people selling their motorhomes here (provided you're not a professional dealer ...are you?)

But please, put it up on adverts.ie (boards.ie own advertising site AND ITS FREE!)) and then just provide a little link to it, ok?

Otherwise we'll have people flooding threads left right and center with whatever they have to sell.

*takes moderator hat off*

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Well they're rear engined, so are rear wheel drive but there's a few obstacles in between me and one of those, firstly they're very expensive,

Not at all....the T25's are very reasonably priced at the moment. But price is going up, so move fast, and be satisfied that you are buying something that will only *appreciate* in value, providing you look after it! For your budget you should be able to easily get hold of a tidy one!

second they're aircooled,

Um...no, not all of them.

Most of the later T25s are watercooled...petrol or diesel, your choice.
    and third i'm not a big fan of working on the mechanicals aircooled vws.

read above, and do some more homework on them ;)
    Would probably end up fitting a more powerful/more modern diesel engine in

Yep, I've just put a 1.9D in my T25. Very easy swap and it absolutely flies! With my current gearbox 70mph is no problem on motorways, with a different end-drive in my gearbox it'll sit at 80 with no problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

Here's a van in Dublin for 3,800, no idea what it's like. http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/70/9598570.html There's also a vw lt 35 on gumtree below it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement