Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to clear things up around here

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I I've learned anything from the simpsons, it's that every society (ala Stonecutters) need a membership ring. I propose this: http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=399, as mine has given me any amount of convenience. No unnecessary movement required when opening our glassy friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Some excellent. Excellent suggestions here brothers. I am particularly fond of the ring ideas suggested by Brother Sofaspud and Brother Hagar.

It is clear that with gut comes wisdom. All kneel before this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sloths as mascots would be cool.

Also, bestest forum evah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Somebody order sloth pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

tom dunne wrote:
    Somebody order sloth pictures?

sorry, way too hairy, cuddly and gutless ...not a worthy contender (even though the attitude as such is great)

• Advertisement

I agree, brother Peasant.

I think your images convey the image we are trying to portray more.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

trout wrote:
    brother peasant makes an excellent point on mascots ... in a very real way, aren't we all aspiring to be silverbacks?

With all due respect to Brother Trout, I believe that Brother Peasant's first picture is more fitting for a mascot. Orangutans have beer bellies even though they don't drink beer, have an inbuilt receding hairline and move at sluggish speeds that all Brothers should aspire to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

zaph wrote:
    With all due respect to Brother Trout, I believe that Brother Peasant's first picture is more fitting for a mascot. Orangutans have beer bellies even though they don't drink beer, have an inbuilt receding hairline and move at sluggish speeds that all Brothers should aspire to.

thank you Brother Zaph ... you raise a good point. I believe that orangutans also have a surly and belligerent nature, and are prone to breaking wind.

Having considered these facts, I would be proud to have an orangutan as our mascot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sofaspud wrote:
    I I've learned anything from the simpsons, it's that every society (ala Stonecutters) need a membership ring. I propose this: http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=399, as mine has given me any amount of convenience. No unnecessary movement required when opening our glassy friends.
    Brothers in principle I think this ring is a wonderful invention however if the day ever comes when Mrs. Hagar ever gives me an unopened bottle... need I say more?

trout wrote:
    Having considered these facts, I would be proud to have an orangutan as our mascot.
    Motion passed, so brothers, orangutan it is.

Though I fear the picture in question may be suject to copyright restrictions.

What say you of something like this or perhaps this.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

surely there can be no more fitting mascot than the great george costanza?
    georgecostanza4ns3ie.jpg

It should be the second one Brother Tom. Although humerous, in the first picture the orangutan has expended needless energy by moving his hands up to his face.

zaph wrote:
    Although humerous, in the first picture the orangutan has expended needless energy by moving his hands up to his face.

Valid point, brother zaph.

I propose we collect, on this very thread, 5 different pictures that are proposals for our new mascot. Seeing as this is a democracy, I say we start a poll on the five pictures and let our brethren decide.

What say you?

(Christ, I can't keep this up for much longer. My boss is looking at me wondering WTF I am at :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Brothers let us nominate 5 brothers who will each get one picture.
    It is too much to ask of any man to get 5 pictures all on his own.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The afore mentioned al bundy should be our mascot.
    Al-bundy_01.jpg

Either that or the ever apt, homer
    homer20beer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Brother MarkR. I would wholeheartedly endorse your suggestion of the great Al Bundy. But it appears that it has already been decided that the mascot is to be an orang o twang.

Brothers, surely George is the man for us. Any man attempting the trifecta of sex, tv and a sandwich at the one time is a north star to guide us.
    daveym wrote:
    surely there can be no more fitting mascot than the great george costanza?
    georgecostanza4ns3ie.jpg

Does this mean we can fling poop?

I sense a disturbance in the force.

All of these are worthy of being our mascot. I will construct a poll fortwith.

Just one question - how the F*** do you embed a picture into a post rather than have it as an attachment? :o

tom dunne wrote:
    I sense a disturbance in the force.

All of these are worthy of being our mascot. I will construct a poll fortwith.

Just one question - how the F*** do you embed a picture into a post rather than have it as an attachment? :o

use the and tags around the pic. some nerd told me. honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

onslow12.jpg

Onslow perhaps? Might be a bit too intellectual at times for our tastes though.:(

For brothers to add a pic, copy the link of the picture (right click and select copy shortcut of an amusing / naughty pic) and then click on the symbol that looksl ike a mountain landscape thing next to the quote button and paste in the link.

Presto - Pic for all to see.

My offering

orangutan_yawn.jpg

Advertisement