Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to clear things up around here

Options
  • 14-03-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, as we are still in the early stages of this forum, a lot of questions have arisen today, most of which have not been answered. In keeping with the Boards.ie tradition, this forum needs a charter.

Following on from Trout's post in another thread, here's my plan to get the ball rolling on a charter.

There is one fundamental question that needs our immediate attention, brothers, and it is the question of wimmin.
    trout wrote:
    question: where do we stand on wimmin folks partaking of this forum ? i'm not 100% sure.

My own personal opinion is that we can only allow wimmin post in threads of a domestic nature, such as when is the optimum time to bring beer, why farts are A Good Thing and any discussion around belly fluff.

Following on from that, we have the code. Or, as Trout succinctly put it, the Couch Potato Code (much like the Jedi code, but with more pizzas and beer). Honour, respect and drink thy beer, you get the idea. Feel free to contribute.

And here is the beginning of the charter.
    trout wrote:
    Welcome to Beer Guts & Receeding Hair.
    This forum is the Ying to the Fitness forum Yang, celebrating popular male stereotypes. You will find threads here on a range of issues covering the broad topic of onset of middle age for males ... including, but not limited to, Beer Guts & Receeding hair, breaking of wind, grunting, crotch grabbing and generally what we like to call The Male Condition.

Receding =/= Receeding ... yeah, we know

Who is welcome here ?
    Primarily men with either a Beer Gut or Receeding Hair
    Also, women who live with or want to live with such men.
    Finally, anyone who is impacted by Beer Guts or Receeding hair.

Who is not welcome here ?
    Hairy skinny tee-totallersmad.gif

Thank you brother Trout.

And my own addition:

Who is not welcome here

Those who comb over or wear garments with elasticated waist bands.

I also second the shunning of hairy, skinny tee-totallers.

Please give this topic the respect it deserves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Brothers, in addition to combovers and elasticated garments, the words "Where can I buy a toupee?" shall result in much derision and instant bannage by Grand Knight Robbo.

I for one find the wimmins a useful addition to any household and as such this forum. After all brothers, where else are wimmins to learn how to pour a pint of Guinness or how else shall they learn that salads do not constitute a 'dinner' no matter how hot it is outside?

I beseech my brethern to pledge support to the song "Jumbo breakfast rolls" as the anthem of this forum. A note should be made in the charter to this effect.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tom dunne wrote:
    There is one fundamental question that needs our immediate attention, brothers, and it is the question of wimmin.

My own personal opinion is that we can only allow wimmin post in threads of a domestic nature, such as when is the optimum time to bring beer, why farts are A Good Thing and any discussion around belly fluff.

and as long as they have the dinner ready and the washing, ironing, hoovering, ect.. out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

r3nu4l wrote:
    I beseech my brethern to pledge support to the song "Jumbo breakfast rolls" as the anthem of this forum. A note should be made in the charter to this effect.

I second this motion.

Thank you, brother r3nu4l.

And for those of you not familiar with this lyrical masterpiece, and soon to be adopted anthem, here are the words in full.
    Well I wake up in the morning and I jump straight out of bed
    Grab a hold of that luminous jacket and shake that fuzzy head
    I don¹t have time for a fancy breakfast or put muesli in a bowl
    I just head to the stat oil garage for the jumbo breakfast Roll

Two eggs two rasher two sausage two Bacon Two puddins one Black and white
    All placed like a tower on top of each other and then wrapped up good and
    tight
    If you¹re having some tea the milks over there and you¹ll find sugar in the bowl
    Says she Do you want some sauce on that says I, I do in my roll

Well whether you¹re a chippie or a sparkie or a brikie or a team just tarring the road.
    Or a shower of lads coming home from the razz with a crowd or on your own
    If you¹re working up a ladder or peeling pigs bladder or find yourself digging in a hole
    There¹s no sight better than melting butter, from a jumbo breakfast roll

All placed like a tower on top of each other and then wrapped up good and tight
    If you¹re having some tea the milks over there and you¹ll find sugar in the bowl

Well just the other day after me roll and tea, in me gut I got an awful ache
    I went to me Doctor he said that¹s an artery blocker you have every morning at break
    So to change my lifestyle he has me walking five miles and seeing a dietician called Noel
    But I can¹t get from my head the sight of two runny eggs on my Jumbo breakfast roll

All placed like a tower on top of each other and then wraped up good and tight

Well the years have passed on and my life has changed and now I am a different man
    I have lost three stone, I¹m doing a line with a girl and we are both Vegetarian
    My cholesterol is low and my heart is good to go, but in the morning I¹d sell my soul
    To sit in any stat oil fore court and devour a Jumbo breakfast roll

All placed like a tower on top of each other and then wraped up good and tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

How did this forum get created so fast... and yet why did it take so long.

No wimmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

r3nu4l wrote:
    Brothers, in addition to combovers and elasticated garments, the words "Where can I buy a toupee?" shall result in much derision and instant bannage by Grand Knight Robbo.

yes ... howls of derisive laughter
    r3nu4l wrote:
    I for one find the wimmins a useful addition to any household and as such this forum. After all brothers, where else are wimmins to learn how to pour a pint of Guinness or how else shall they learn that salads do not constitute a 'dinner' no matter how hot it is outside?

damn straight
    r3nu4l wrote:

That is all.

wait a minute ... *fart* ... +1 ... no other song comes close

• Advertisement

I just realised that "Jumbo Breakfast Roll" is by that Richie Kavanagh gobshyte.
    If he's in then I'm out. I have my standards, they may be low but they are still standards.

Hagar wrote:
    I just realised that "Jumbo Breakfast Roll" is by that Richie Kavanagh gobshyte.
    If he's in then I'm out. I have my standards, they may be low but they are still standards.
    Your safe Hagar, Jumbo Breakfast Roll is by Pat Shortt of D'Unbelievables...men who know all about Beerguts and receding hairlines :D

Hagar wrote:

i fear you are mistaken Brother Hagar ... was it not Brother Pat Shortt who graced us with this particular ballad ?

linkeh for teh sake of argument http://www.patshortt.com/

Thanks bit a Jayses for that.

Small Ad. For Sale:

Half a large bottle of "Head and Shoulders" shampoo, only used the "Shoulders" part.

Hagar wrote:
    Small Ad. For Sale:

Half a large bottle of "Head and Shoulders" shampoo, only used the "Shoulders" part.

Brother Hagars' humour is well respected in these hallowed halls :)

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote:
    Brother Hagars' humour is well respected in these hallowed halls :)

Indeed it is, brother r3nu4l. He is worthy of the title of Hagar, Grand Master of teh Humour of the Brothers of the Follicley Challenged and the Spherically Endowed.

the combined wisdom of the Brothers has inspired me to generate a second iteration of what may become our charter ... Brothers, your input is required:)

I will work on formalising the Couch Potato Code ... right after this beer ... *chug* *chug* wait a minute *fart*

Welcome to Beer Guts & Receeding Hair.
    This forum is the Ying to the Fitness forum Yang, celebrating popular male stereotypes. You will find threads here on a range of issues covering the broad topic of onset of middle age for males ... including, but not limited to, Beer Guts & Receeding hair, breaking of wind, grunting, crotch grabbing and generally what we like to call The Male Condition.

Receding =/= Receeding ... yeah, we know

Who is welcome here ?
    Primarily men with either a Beer Gut or Receeding Hair
    Also, women who live with or want to live with such men.
    Finally, anyone who is impacted by Beer Guts or Receeding hair.

Who is not welcome here ?
    Hairy skinny tee-totallers:mad:
    Those who comb over or wear garments with elasticated waist bands.
    Anyone who utters the words "Where can I buy a toupee?" shall generate howls of derisive laughter and risk instant bannage by Grand Knight Robbo.

Are wimmin welcome here ?
    Yes ... so long as said wimmin or sisters post in threads of a domestic nature, such as when is the optimum time to bring beer, why Farts are A Good Thing and any discussion around belly fluff.

We hold that the wimmins are a useful addition to any household and as such this forum. After all Brothers, where else are wimmins to learn how to pour a pint of Guinness or how else shall they learn that salads do not constitute a 'dinner' no matter how hot it is outside?

Wimmins and sisters are welcome here as long as they have the dinner ready and the washing, ironing, hoovering, etc... out of the way

Things that don't even exist on the RH/BG forum

Rod Stewart
    Michael Bolton
    Veet
    Light Beers/Ciders
    West Coast Cooler
    Diets

Mentioning of the aformentioned subjects results in an instant and permanent ban.

Brothers & Sisters
    To show 'nuff respec' to all ... all Brothers and Sisters shall be addressed formally as such.

What Code do we cherish on this forum ?
    The Couch Potato Code (much like the Jedi code, but with more pizzas and beer)

Anthem of this Forum
    "Jumbo Breakfast Rolls"

Forum Motto
    "No gut, no glory"

What about a Forum Motto? "No gut, no glory"?

Hagar wrote:
    What about a Forum Motto? "No gut, no glory"?

added ... executive decision ... edited into charter post above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

maybe add bj after dinner to the 'are wimmins welcome here' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We need a crest I think.

A picture for our sigs so we can recognise each other away from these hallowed halls.

maybe add bj after dinner to the 'are wimmins welcome here' ?

Or how about "Every day is Steak and BJ day in the RH/BG forum"?
    seansouth wrote:
    We need a crest I think.

How about this ....

It has to be the plastic rings that hold our beloved six packs together.
    sixpack.gif

It's is not only functional and beautiful but has one more ring than those fitness freaks' puny five ring Olympic flag.

How about a uniform ?beerbeltguy.jpg

Brothers, an addition to the charter has just occurred to me:

Things that don't exists on the RH/BG forum
    Rod Stewart
    Michael Bolton
    Veet
    Light Beers/Ciders
    West Coast Cooler

Mentioning of the aformentioned subjects results in an instant and permanent ban.

Brothers raise a glass/can/flagon to toast my favourite wine.

fatbast.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

And now we pray to Jim. Surely a worthy mascot. :)

royle_470_350x242.jpg

tom dunne wrote:
    Brothers, an addition to the charter has just occurred to me:

Things that don't exists on the RH/BG forum
    Rod Stewart
    Michael Bolton
    Veet
    Light Beers/Ciders
    West Coast Cooler

Thank you Brother tom dunne ... edited into charter post above.

Love the beer-ring flag ... it feels like home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

All eyes open for IMPOSTERS

beerbelly.jpg

and

wig-andy-little-britain.jpg

Ruu wrote:
    And now we pray to Jim. Surely a worthy mascot. :)

royle_470_350x242.jpg

I fear Brother Jim may be too intellectual for our purposes ... might i suggest Brother Rab as an alternative ?

rabcnesbitt_2.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Prototype charter started and stickied.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Can we keep suggestions for the charter here and I'll add them in when I can. I don't want to stick too much in or make it too wordy for fear of making it too cluttered and unfocused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

hey fellow beer guts, can i make one small argument re: the elasticated argument surely we are not banning tracksuit bottoms........dear god think of the ease of takin a wizz in these and the fact u can hope into bed and sleep very comfortably in them........they do not restrict the belly ergo more beer and beer related snacks

its extremely easy to drop the hand and scratch plus if you buy big enough and lets face it ebay do a 4 x xxl means the butt crack still shows....OH YEAH

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

racso1975 wrote:
    hey fellow beer guts, can i make one small argument re: the elasticated argument surely we are not banning tracksuit bottoms........dear god think of the ease of takin a wizz in these and the fact u can hope into bed and sleep very comfortably in them........they do not restrict the belly ergo more beer and beer related snacks

its extremely easy to drop the hand and scratch plus if you buy big enough and lets face it ebay do a 4 x xxl means the butt crack still shows....OH YEAH

Ahh... The naiveity of youth!

Drink & eat in the nip.
    No time-wasting when peeing.
    Crumbs easily brushed onto floor.

If a Brother does need to wear clothes - it should not be a track suit.
    We do have to have some standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

On mascots:

why get fixated on living people, they might betray the brotherhood and go on a diet :eek:

Let's choose a worthy mascot, one that mother nature intended to portray dignity, serenity and absolute power.

I would like to nominate these guys:

istockphoto_399515_orangutan_family

250px-Male_silverback_Gorilla.JPG

• Advertisement

brother peasant makes an excellent point on mascots ... in a very real way, aren't we all aspiring to be silverbacks? :)

i feel a poll coming on (heh heh ... i said poll)

Advertisement