Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster SCT Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Awesome.

Fair play lads and fair play Besty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Well done michaels and besty -- maybe my other school gonzaga might win it sometime in my lifetime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Cheers fellas. What a night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Clongowes were good and wouldn't lie down, but even in the last few minutes I wasnt really that nervous. They really didnt end up being too threatening, mainly because Michaels swallowed them up defensively.
    21s that night was amazing, the atmosphere was class. The only problem was the amount of glass on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

The blizzard was the best part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Sure it isnt as bad as the Mary's - Terenure 0 - 3 game a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

maxi-twist wrote:
    The blizzard was the best part.
    Yeah, shame it was only short lived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

damnyanks wrote:
    Sure it isnt as bad as the Mary's - Terenure 0 - 3 game a few years ago.

ah that game was great...well...at least the kicks in the last 20 mins were...not that they were spectacular but just the whole that they mattered so much... the tension was unbelieveable!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Well done to my old school Michaels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well done Michael's, twas a typical final. Would have liked to have seen the ball get out to the wings more (go on Brophy!).

Oh and thanks to God for the weather, I could barely feel my hands at the end!

Class of 2001, it was a long wait!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Your physio's not too shabby at all, she'd get the length. I bet plenty of the lads suffer from more groin problems then other schools.

I heard they have had to move the JCT final forward to 1pm due to trouble at the last game due to everyone being pissed.

Well done aswell, i was wrong as usuall with my prediction! :D

The barrier didn't fall over because people were drunk, it fell over because the place was packed. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I dont think its to do with the barrier falling over. Seems a strange reason to move a gmae forward 2hours just because a barrier fell over.

Unless they think there's less chance of it falling over at 1pm, rather then 3pm?!

From what I've read they taken the barrier falling over as a sign of 'rowdy past pupil drinking behaviour'. That and the Garda confiscating drink before the SCT. Shock, horror...never heard of past pupils drinking before or at a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jmccormack

what does anyone think of the u19 squad selections? I think it was a bit unfair that there were 5 michaels players selected and not a single clongowes player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

jmccormack wrote:
    what does anyone think of the u19 squad selections? I think it was a bit unfair that there were 5 michaels players selected and not a single clongowes player.

Why not start a new thread with a list of the squad and the schools they are from

Well here's the list anyway;

Ireland Under-19 Squad

Forwards (14) - Brian Cawley (UCD), Stephen Douglas (Ballymena), Kieran Essex (Christian Brothers College, Cork/UCC), David Foley (UL Bohemians), Jason Harris-Wright (Blackrock College), l Karayianis (RBAI/Queen's), Ian Leonard (St Michael's College), Patrick Mallon (St Michael's College) P McCabe (Dublin University), Ian Nagle (Glenstal Abbey), Matthew Nelson (Ballynahinch), Rajan Riley (St Michael's College), Paul Ryan (capt, Blackrock College), Michael Sherry (Ard Scoil Rís/Garryowen).

Backs (12) - Paddy Brophy (St Michael's College), Conor Cleary (St Michael's College), Adam Craig (Instonians), Scott Deasy (Presentation Brothers College, Cork), Alan Gaughan (Buccaneers), Kris Greene (St Mary's College), Murray Kinsella (Newtown School), Niall Morris (Blackrock College), Harry McAleese (Ballynahinch RFC) Eoin O'Malley (UCD), Tommy Seymour (Down High School), Jamie Smith (Ballymena).

Coach - Charlie McAleese, Manager - Gerard Slattery, Assistant Coach - Bobby Byrne.

Pool A - Ireland v Australia, Ravenhill, Belfast, April 5th, 7.30; Ireland v Scotland, Ravenhill, April 9th, 7.30; Ireland v South Africa, Ravenhill, April 13th, 7.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

jmccormack wrote:

Not really,Rajan and mallon were probably the best back rowers in the cup with alex byrne not being there because of harris wright and ryan.
    Paddy brophy,who didnt play that well in the cup has undeniable class.
    Conor Cleary-unreal.
    And lenny being one of the top try scorers and excellent scrummagers in the sct this year,the selections seem warranted to me.

I dunno who full backs gonna be in that team but i think dave kearney shud have deserved a chance...

maxi-twist wrote:
    Not really,Rajan and mallon were probably the best back rowers in the cup with alex byrne not being there because of harris wright and ryan.
    Paddy brophy,who didnt play that well in the cup has undeniable class.
    Conor Cleary-unreal.
    And lenny being one of the top try scorers and excellent scrummagers in the sct this year,the selections seem warranted to me.

I dunno who full backs gonna be in that team but i think dave kearney shud have deserved a chance...

Kearney is very unlucky, i thought he was best back in tournament , what i find strange is Rock have 3 players in the team , and as you say Clongowes none , and in particular Kearney .

• Advertisement

Kearney was undeniably unlucky not to be included, but I don't think anybody can have any major complaints with the St. Michael's inclusions. Perhaps I'm biased but I honestly feel that all selections are warranted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

jmccormack wrote:

I heard a number of players have opted not to play (perhaps even not allowed play) due to the closeness of the tournament to the leaving cert, maybe thats why there are no Clongowes players in the squad.

who is St Michaels sct coach these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Greg McWilliams
    He teaches in Michaels

cavedave wrote:
    Greg McWilliams
    He teaches in Michaels

ah, his brother was in my class at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

No double for Michaels. Blackrock won the j's earlier, beating michaels 13-10 in the final :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Marshy wrote:
    No double for Michaels. Blackrock won the j's earlier, beating michaels 13-10 in the final :(

Great to hear that. Rock are the best !!!!:D

Never thought I'd see one player win a final on his own...

Sangre wrote:
    Never thought I'd see one player win a final on his own...

A few years ago a flying Russian winger destroyed Gonzaga , and won the final for Rock ... best performance i've seen at junior level -- didn't see yesterdays game .. hard luck to michaels .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Who was the one player that won the final?

Advertisement