Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster SCT Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

It's gotta be Michael's, backs totally outclass Clongowes. Might be a little trouble in the forwards but we'll pull it off, it's about time too.

Thankfully I managed to get a ticket, been to every senior cup game since I was like 6 or 7 and thought I wouldn't be able to get a ticket for the one final we're gonna win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Da Bounca wrote:
    Michaels for the tripple!
    13's, jct and sct.
    Out of the 13s I heard, lost to rock. Double still on tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Marshy wrote:
    Out of the 13s I heard, lost to rock. Double still on tho.
    I watched it earlier. Willow Park won 14-10. I thought the referee was terrible. Hopefully it's not an omen for Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

As a former Blackrock student I really hope/expect Micheals to bottle it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Linford wrote:
    As a former Blackrock student I really hope/expect Micheals to bottle it again...

oh what a shock ! At least Michaels and other smaller schools don't need favours from referees , frightened of bearing the wrath of Rock .
    I have to say on a serious note , that the standard of refereeing that i have seen overall this year, has been quite shocking, as in appalling, for a competition with such interest !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Heart says Michaels, head says Clongowes.

It'll be tight, but I think Clongowes are an efficient unit and will do just enough to win. There'll only be one score between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the_hunter

Alright lads nd lassie's! Heres the deal... Clongowes r gonna beat Michaels... Womba, Womba...! Normally clongowes dont play girls but this sunday wer gonna ave ta lower ourselves and make an exception! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

bye bye

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

How common of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Generally I support the Jesuits but I think Michael's turn has been a long time coming. I'd prefer the poetic justice of michael's trashing 'rock. However, they have a tradition of bottling it, but usually against 'Rock not others.

Like Ireland beat England but lose to France
    France beat Ireland but lose to England
    England beat France but lose to Ireland

Mary's Beat Belvo but lose to Rock
    Rock beat Mary's but lose to Belvo

So hopefully, as the curse of the trianlge theory doesn't apply to this game, I hope to see Michael's win a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jmccormack

Funky wrote:
    It's gotta be Michael's, backs totally outclass Clongowes. Might be a little trouble in the forwards but we'll pull it off, it's about time too.

I don't think you can just discard the clongowes backs considering that their two leinster schools representatives come from the backline. I have a feeling that clongowes might sneak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

LFC5Times wrote:
    On form would have to be Michaels quite comfortably but the fact they have never won it before seems to be affecting my decision.

Don't forget that Clongowes seem to have more experience and ability than Michaels' at losing in finals over the last two decades !

I would like to see Michaels' win as it must be their turn by now. Wouldn't it be great if they won the double. Maybe not, as that guy on these boards or Leinster.ie will restart that thread about who we thought was the greatest ever Michaels' teams..........

Either way I just hope for a great game and that Fred tells us the right reasons for the penalties..

Da Bounca wrote:
    Michaels for the tripple!

13's, jct and sct.

Won my ticket in a raffle, wohoo.

Is that U 13's Cup competition still in existence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Wood if they could, but Michaels will.
    Still no ticket in spite trying everything short of a Faustian pact to get one. Will be in the pub serching for a ticket so see youse there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

jump the wall. pretend it's wesley circa 1998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

NUTLEY BOY wrote:
    Don't forget that Clongowes seem to have more experience and ability than Michaels' at losing in finals over the last two decades !

I would like to see Michaels' win as it must be their turn by now. Wouldn't it be great if they won the double. Maybe not, as that guy on these boards or Leinster.ie will restart that thread about who we thought was the greatest ever Michaels' teams..........

Either way I just hope for a great game and that Fred tells us the right reasons for the penalties..

Clongowes do have more experience losing in finals than Michaels but only because they have been in so many finals, also they have won the SCT a few times, including one in 1991 I think... who were Clongowes opponents that year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

jump the wall. pretend it's wesley circa 1998
    or Hillsborough circa 1989? I know it is unlikely but it would be so awful for something to happen due to overcrowding that I am not going to take the risk. I remember as a kid the crush getting into Croagh Park. Now I would be ok with it but when you weigh half as much it is a different matter.
    I was bunking into Wesley at the same time so I am not claiming any high moral ground here.

There is bound to be problems tho. Tickets are very easy to forge. We all know there'll be some wall hopping too. It'll be almost impossible to stop these people getting in. My guess is there'll be around 8/9k in donnybrook on sunday. Bear in mind capacity is just over 6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

NUTLEY BOY wrote:
    Is that U 13's Cup competition still in existence ?
    G'wan the Holy Ghost Cup. Keep out those stinkin' Jesuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Good luck Michaels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

HT Micheals up 6-0. weather is awful, clongowes playing well up front and they will have the wind in the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Final Score 6-0 to Michaels.
    Well done guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

well done micheals. I thought clongowes would come back in the 2nd half, but micheals defence was superb

Well done Michaels. It is a great day for any school to win the Senior Cup for the first time.

Fair play to Clongowes as well for grinding it out in wicked conditions. They only needed just one break and were not far away from that a few times.

Looking forward to next year do I take it that we will have the same crowded scenario at Donnybrook for 2008 ?

I think we might be better off having a nice long weekend in Belfast and playing the Leinster final at Ravenhill instead of putting up with such an inadequate venue !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Sounds like it was a crap game. I hope nobody paid a scalper over the odds for a ticket for it.

Well done Michael's anyway, might not have been pretty, but at least they have the medal in the back pocket now.

Amz wrote:
    Sounds like it was a crap game. I hope nobody paid a scalper over the odds for a ticket for it.

Well done Michael's anyway, might not have been pretty, but at least they have the medal in the back pocket now.

Typical SCT final tbh with the added issue of a very strong wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭phog

Ant truth in the rumour that some of the terracing collapsed today during the match?

yep.
    the front wall/barrier on the east terrace near the wesley end.

Very insipid game due to the weather, still great for michaels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

http://file030b.bebo.com/6/large/2007/03/19/11/48239168a3879936109b261026765l.jpg

Took that at the game, the concrete pillars just cracked and everything fell over. The stewards first tried to hold it up with string(boggles the mind) and then formed a wall to prevent a pitch invasion but everyone just went around to the other side of the pitch to get on.

Advertisement