Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Story with RWC tickets

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Ah nice. We're going on the friday afternoon and coming back late Sunday evening......booze ftw!!!!

Ah we're off early on saturday morning and back on sunday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Finding it hard to get a room for 3 people, may have to book 2 rooms....tis ghey!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Cardiff but going to look in Newport as well.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the plan, going to be hard though. Should have our final numbers in the next day or two.

We go in on friday and leave on sunday. Hotel will only be for sleeping, shall be out for the rest of it.

Can ya give me a few hotel tip offs if you find them lads? I havent been to Cardiff before so I dunno where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

for the HEC final ( Grrr :Leinster were not there ) we could not find any accomodation.

In the end satyed in the camp site out past the satdium up the river less than 10 mins walk.

3 tents 1 each for less 50£ I think.

Plenty of pitch space for drunk injury prone kick about to!

I cant recommend it enough !

Lollers Daveirl.....hardcore to the max!!!!

I think the marriott has rooms but for the 2 nights it was €1000, no BS!!!!!!

• Advertisement

for the HEC final ( Grrr :Leinster were not there ) we could not find any accomodation.

In the end satyed in the camp site out past the satdium up the river less than 10 mins walk.

3 tents 1 each for less 50£ I think.

Plenty of pitch space for drunk injury prone kick about to!

I cant recommend it enough !

Has it got a website!?!!?

Cardiff Caravan Park at Pontcanna Fields
    Fields Park Rd, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF11 9LB
    Tel: 029 2039 8362 Camping Sites

no web site have to ring to book, they will just stick your name in a diary and pay on arrival, very quaint !!

no web site have to ring to book, they will just stick your name in a diary and pay on arrival, very quaint !!

I'll book that so. Trouble now is I cant find a fkn way of getting out of Cardiff on sunday morning to Pembroke! Theres no busses or trains that will do the trick and get us to the boat for 2pm.

Anyone any ideas on little known bus companies in cardiff?!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Darn - didn't get back to this all day, so missed the ticket boat again.

Borsoi - thanks for the offer, but will take my chances and hold out for Purple or Blue zone tickets (€40 won't break the bank). If no joy, then there's always le pub.

Anyone else thinking of going: got flights Dublin-Paris-Bordeaux and back for <300yoyos. Think the fares are around the €400 mark now, and the costs are only going to go up...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I got tickets for the Ireland Argentina game last November. I booked flights to Brussels. All I've to organise now are rail tickets and accomodation................

0lordy wrote:
    Darn - didn't get back to this all day, so missed the ticket boat again.

Borsoi - thanks for the offer, but will take my chances and hold out for Purple or Blue zone tickets (€40 won't break the bank). If no joy, then there's always le pub.

Anyone else thinking of going: got flights Dublin-Paris-Bordeaux and back for <300yoyos. Think the fares are around the €400 mark now, and the costs are only going to go up...

Qtr final tickets still available.:cool:

Just wondering what sort of facilities are at the camp site, we're thinking of going to it as well.

acres of parkland , 5-10 mins from the bridge/board walk area of the stadium on the river, good clean wasing shower facilities etc, no less faciklities than a hotel room!;)

Power water on tap, just standard camping facilities and it was quiet enpugh at bed time too.

acres of parkland , 5-10 mins from the bridge/board walk area of the stadium on the river, good clean wasing shower facilities etc, no less faciklities than a hotel room!;)

Power water on tap, just standard camping facilities and it was quiet enpugh at bed time too.

I cant get through to them.. I've left a few messages on the answering machine there to say Im coming but they havent got back to me.

Sounds good, just waiting to see if the lads will go for it.
    it was quiet enpugh at bed time too.

Not if we go!!! :D

• Advertisement

Trotter, any luck contacting these guys?

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Trotter, any luck contacting these guys?

Yep.. confirmed my booking!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Just to let ye know ye can apply for ticckets for the Semi-finals and final on the RWC tickets website now.

My quarter final tickets arrived via DHL today.

Please God we come second in the group, play NZ in Cardiff in the quarters, beat them, and batter England in the final.

A man can dream cant he?

:D

I just hope we dont win the group! I want to see us play the NZers!!

daveirl wrote:

I want us to win the world cup gloriously including a win against the NZers because thats the only game I could get tickets for.

If we win the group and I end up watching Argentina NZ in Cardiff, I'll be delighted also.

Still.. imagine the session when we beat NZ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

fyi, a hotel in cardiff city centre has had a big group cancel for the 6th october and they have a few double rooms available (i booked one a couple of hours ago). it's 120 quid sterling for the room with breakfast. pm me if you'd like their details

Advertisement