Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Story with RWC tickets

Options
  • 12-03-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Heading to Bordeaux for the Namibia match in September - anyone know what's the story with tickets? Will more be made available online at some stage?

Else would we be able to pick some up when we get there, as the stadium seats 35,000, and demand shouldn't reach that?

I know it's a long way away, but wouldn't mind getting this bit sorted.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah i wondering the same thing actually. Will the tickets be given out to the clubs also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

They were on ticketmaster about 6 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Got a mail and link from a RFC and it directs to the ticket site saying tickets are released today morning for the Bordeaux games, so far I have not been able to get any and the 2 phone numbers dont work !!

http://www.france2007.fr/rugby_billetterie.php?id_mot=42

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

E-mail sent by the Leinster Branch to our Ticket Secretary:
    Dear Ticket Secretary,

I write to inform you that there will be another release of tickets for Ireland pool games at Rugby World Cup 2007. Tickets for Ireland v Namibia, Georgia and Argentina will be released by Rugby World Cup Ltd on 13th March on their site www.france2007.fr.

We have been told that this may be the last release of tickets for these games, so you might forward these details to your members so that they can have access to tickets if not already purchased.

Please DO NOT contact Leinster Rugby about these tickets as there is no other way of purchasing them apart from the web site above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

0lordy wrote:
    Heading to Bordeaux for the Namibia match in September - anyone know what's the story with tickets? Will more be made available online at some stage?

Else would we be able to pick some up when we get there, as the stadium seats 35,000, and demand shouldn't reach that?

As it happens, thanks to changing jobs, and new lack of holidays, I'm not going to be able to do the epic RWC experience that I'd hoped for. So I'm not doing the Bordeaux leg of the trip - leaving me with two tickets for Ireland vs Namibia, and Ireland Vs Georgia. They're in the Green Zone - I havn't recieved them yet so no actually row or seat numbers. Let me know if your interested in either, obviously at face value, but I can' t remember how much that is

just got 4 to the bordeaux game with namibia

mate got 4 to arg in paris, booked ferry for a 2 week sth france trip.

shoul be ok to scoop up georgia tickets while there.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Got 2 for Scotland V. New Zealand and 2 for Ireland Argentina (Just hoping nothing has effed up).

the link I posted dumb ass!! The RWC web site

here try this!

You will be able to purchase your tickets:
    - on the official website www.france2007.fr, Rugby World Cup Tickets
    • These matches being played in France, please do not hesitate to click on the Zone 2 (Rest of the world) to have access to the tickets (Zone 1 access will be mainly dedicated to the matches played in Wales and Scotland).
    - by phone at the following numbers:
    • + 44 (0) 870 264 2007 from the UK
    • + 353 (0) 818 19 377 from Ireland

I

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

got a package last year, so have 2 tickets for all our games..

But god the travel is very expensive allready, paying a fortune for flights for the two paris games, let alone the ones in bordeaux..

OK I got 4 to Namibia and I need 2 to 4 for georgia.

I have one Argentina ticket Im willing to swap for the Georgia game.

Its a premium ticket 200e and Im willing to swap it for the georgia game any offers considered as a start.

Post here if you now any one willing to take advantage of this BARGAIN offer:D

Im over there now for 2 weeks and dont intend flying back for the Argie game.

0lordy wrote:

I know it's a long way away, but wouldn't mind getting this bit sorted.

Thanks

Hey if you come across georgia tickets I may have 2 spare for Namibia, see above also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just bought 2 for the quarter final in cardiff... Winner pool C V's Runner up pool D.

Do I smell and Ireland v NZ match??? I HOPE SO!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

SNAP.....just did the same Trotter. Booked a ferry over too, worked out at £239 for 3 of us on the ferry return. Flights were just crazy money. Going to look for accomadation now.

Kenny 5 wrote:
    SNAP.....just did the same Trotter. Booked a ferry over too, worked out at £239 for 3 of us on the ferry return. Flights were just crazy money. Going to look for accomadation now.

Which ferry?? Workin on that now!!

Just picked Irish Ferries, didn't even check the others.

Accomadation isn't looking too cheap, might have to stay in a closeby town or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Trotter wrote:
    Just bought 2 for the quarter final in cardiff... Winner pool C V's Runner up pool D.

just got tickets for this also- I'm french and a part of me hopes it's NZ-france so that i get to see it, but one part of me hopes it's Ireland, meaning that France will get further on the other side of the draw.

Either way should be a fantastic day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Got 2 for this also. I won't be able to sleep for the rest of the year now, I'm so excited!

• Advertisement

just got tickets for this also- I'm french and a part of me hopes it's NZ-france so that i get to see it, but one part of me hopes it's Ireland, meaning that France will get further on the other side of the draw.

Either way should be a fantastic day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Exactly.. and sure if it turns out to be 2 crazy teams then its hardley a long haul flight away! I'll be wearing the Ireland jersey no matter who's playin lol

Trotter wrote:

I would not bank on THAT Fr team from the w/e knocing us out.......all pressure on them also !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Still though, we'll get to see the all blacks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I would not bank on THAT Fr team from the w/e knocing us out.......all pressure on them also !

i think we can safely say that NZ will be there no matter what- after that it could be against ireland france or argentina for that matter- no certainties whatsoever in this group....and by the way, hopefully neither THAT French team nor THAT Irish team will show up at the world cup because they were both atrocious at the weekend :p

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Just picked Irish Ferries, didn't even check the others.

Accomadation isn't looking too cheap, might have to stay in a closeby town or something.

I had to book the dublin holyhead one.. thats a feckin 5 hour drive from cardiff.
    Which did ye all book!?

Snap again :D but :( about the drive. Tis 200 miles. AA have it as a 4 hour drive.

I won't be driving though, passenger.....in an S320....going to be snoozing in the back all by myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Trotter wrote:

Well I ****ing hope not :p

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Snap again :D but :( about the drive. Tis 200 miles. AA have it as a 4 hour drive.

I won't be driving though, passenger.....in an S320....going to be snoozing in the back all by myself ;)

Just changed it to Rosslare - Pembroke .. 2 hr drive and because we're going there and back within 24 hours it counts as a minibreak cruise so it was only 37 quid a head.

RESULT!

• Advertisement

Ah nice. We're going on the friday afternoon and coming back late Sunday evening......booze ftw!!!!

Advertisement