Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP Poker Irish Open, 2 Tickets Guaranteed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

one thing that really bugged me on this was straight after i was knocked out one of the guys who finished in the top 4 came over to me and said, i'm really sorry i refused to deal when we were 5 handed, if it was just you sitting there with even only 10k chips i would have agreed but he said because of sam he didnt want to deal. i felt this was pretty bad on his part as it had turned into all-in or fold basically and was gonna come down to luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

i cant believe you got it all in wiht just one pair....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Played 2 JP games

Dumped out 2 JP games grrrrrrrrrrr

Yesterday lost half my stack when guy called a reraise with A8s against my KK and called all the way with the flush draw and hit on the river.

Then in the BB at 100/200 and a 4k stack the button makes it 300 and I raise to 900 with QQ and he repops to 2.5k. I go all in and he has to call with K3o. Flops two pair and I'm off home.

Most interesting to see the cash box run out the door though lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

AKQJ10 wrote:
    one thing that really bugged me on this was straight after i was knocked out one of the guys who finished in the top 4 came over to me and said, i'm really sorry i refused to deal when we were 5 handed, if it was just you sitting there with even only 10k chips i would have agreed but he said because of sam he didnt want to deal. i felt this was pretty bad on his part as it had turned into all-in or fold basically and was gonna come down to luck.

They always say something like that Mark when they are talking to the guy who lost out. If he was man enough to say to your face "I think you're sh1te and wasn't going to give you a bean that's why I wouldn't do a deal" then you'd probably find it easier to accept. :confused:

I'd also like to congratulate you on handling your bad beat with some class but I don't think it should be an exception but the norm and I know you are too good of a player to handle a beat any other way!

As for HB and Sam going on a 48hr bender- LOL just LOL. Those are some top class Bankroll management skills Sam - you make me look like the Chairman of the Federal Reserve!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Tough luck Mark. Pretty nasty beat
    Well done on JP for another great event, can't say he doesn't deliver an exciting day of action poker and non poker related

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

BigDragon wrote:
    Played 2 JP games

Dumped out 2 JP games grrrrrrrrrrr

Yesterday lost half my stack when guy called a reraise with A8s against my KK and called all the way with the flush draw and hit on the river.

Then in the BB at 100/200 and a 4k stack the button makes it 300 and I raise to 900 with QQ and he repops to 2.5k. I go all in and he has to call with K3o. Flops two pair and I'm off home.

Most interesting to see the cash box run out the door though lol

i was at your table and thought u were very unlucky again, i was the guy you were telling to raise with the ace high against halfbaked on the turn rather than just call him down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Quote of the day:

Player A checks
    Player B(Sam) says 1 million bananas!
    Dealer says 'Is that a check?'
    Sam says 'Its obviously an all in'

Very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Heard of some weird plays in that game
    some donk calling 2 allins with 89o and hitting 2 8s

AxQc vs 53c on a Ac8x2c board with heavy preflop action and an all in on the flop 53 hitting the club obv.

same player apparently

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I seen one hand where the flop was 642r and all the money went in. One guy called with 78 and turn 9 and river 5 completed his straight (which was a middler I guess from the start).

His comment after the hand though was funny - "I have a few pints in me and that's how I play when I am drunk" - or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

5starpool wrote:
    I seen one hand where the flop was 642r and all the money went in. One guy called with 78 and turn 9 and river 5 completed his straight (which was a middler I guess from the start).

His comment after the hand though was funny - "I have a few pints in me and that's how I play when I am drunk" - or something to that effect.

LOL. That was Sam. The guy had a set of 4's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

sam and halfbaked were in top form upon entering the se.
    "everything must go" were the first words i heard out of Sam. just genius

Within 5 mins they wanted to chop a pot and run the turn and river twice.
    Farha and Greenstein . Some of the other payers couldn't comprehend this. Arguemnts and calls for rulings ensured. just brilliant

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well it was donktastic from what I seen, but the allin had been called by the time I got there so I don't know how big the bets were.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

DeadParrot wrote:
    Heard of some weird plays in that game
    some donk calling 2 allins with 89o and hitting 2 8s

AxQc vs 53c on a Ac8x2c board with heavy preflop action and an all in on the flop 53 hitting the club obv.

same player apparently

I'll hazard a guess that ur talking about these 2 hands played by a boardsie...

Blinds 150/300/25

Boardsie limps UTG+1 playin 6.5k. Damo Kavanagh calls playin 12k, I have AK and make it 1900 (playing 17k). Boardsie and Damo both call.

Flop comes 962. Boardsie checks, Damo bets 3600, I make it 9600 and Boardsie calls, Damo folds. Boardsie shows 98o and takes the pot with 1 pair

Next hand Boardsie limps UTG, MP raises to 1200. Boardsie calls. Flop is A10x with 2 clubs, Boardsie checks, MP bets 2k, Boardsie calls. Club on the turn and Boardsie pushes for 12k or so and MP calls with AJ. Boardsie has 5c3c

DITTag wrote:
    Quote of the day:

Player A checks
    Player B(Sam) says 1 million bananas!
    Dealer says 'Is that a check?'
    Sam says 'Its obviously an all in'

Very funny

Its a toss up between this quote.
    Bloke on crutches gets knocked out and Joe O Neill turns around and says "I'm glad he's gone, he's been limping all game!"

Funniest thing i heard in ages and Lazare only told me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Flushdraw wrote:

Blinds 150/300/25

Boardsie limps UTG+1 playin 6.5k. Damo Kavanagh calls playin 12k, I have AK and make it 1900 (playing 17k). Boardsie and Damo both call.

Flop comes 962. Boardsie checks, Damo bets 3600, I make it 9600 and Boardsie calls, Damo folds. Boardsie shows 98o and takes the pot with 1 pair

Next hand Boardsie limps UTG, MP raises to 1200. Boardsie calls. Flop is A10x with 2 clubs, Boardsie checks, MP bets 2k, Boardsie calls. Club on the turn and Boardsie pushes for 12k or so and MP calls with AJ. Boardsie has 5c3c

nope new boardsie Murph01 told me about them, he was involved with both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

Flushdraw wrote:
    Its a toss up between this quote.
    Bloke on crutches gets knocked out and Joe O Neill turns around and says "I'm glad he's gone, he's been limping all game!"

Funniest thing i heard in ages and Lazare only told me!

LOL funny alright considering Joe O'Neill was limping around himself all day with his dodgy ankle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

DeadParrot wrote:
    nope new boardsie Murph01 told me about them, he was involved with both

No relation and neither obviously is wisesmurf cause he's just too intelligent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Flushdraw wrote:

Blinds 150/300/25

ROONEY ROONEY!!
    what about that other boardsies mad play with the 34d aswelll:rolleyes: AcKd5d flop... he was some player though to be fair

ROONEY ROONEY!!
    what about that other boardsies mad play with the 34d aswelll:rolleyes: AcKd5d flop... he was some player though to be fair

LOL yeah that 3d4d was a strange hand. Personally i would have put it in the muck but some people prefer to put all their chips in with it in the 1st level..different strokes for different folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

smurph wrote:
    No relation and neither obviously is wisesmurf cause he's just too intelligent

:eek: Those two words should never appear in the same sentence.

Advertisement