Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP Poker Irish Open, 2 Tickets Guaranteed

Options
  • 12-03-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

This tournament offers both a great opportunity to win your place in this year's Irish Open main event, as well as giving players already qualified a great trial run.

1. Who is running this tournament, JP Poker
    2. The purpose of the event, Commericial
    3. Sunday 1st April, The Red Cow Hotel
    4. Single table sat’s from 1pm, Game starts 4pm
    5. Any prerequisites, none.
    6. Tickets can be bought on the day, no maximum number of players
    7. NL Hold’em
    8. Buy In €175 & €25 Reg (Dinner included)
    9. 100% prize pool paid out
    10. Starting chips 10000
    11. 30 for first 4 levels then 40 mins

Blind Structure same as Irish Open

25-50
    50-100
    100-200
    150-300

Break 10 mins

150-300 Ante 25
    200-400 Ante 25
    300-600 Ante 25
    400-800 Ante 50

Dinner Break 30 Min, Chip Race 25’s

600-1200 Ante 100
    800-1500 Ante 100
    1000-2000 Ante 200
    1500-3000 Ante 200

Break 10 min

2000-4000 Ante 300
    3000-6000 Ante 500
    4000-8000 Ante 500
    5000-10000 Ante 1000

Break 10 Min. Chip Race 100’s

6000-12000 Ante 1000
    8000-16000 Ante 1500
    10000-20000 Ante 2000
    12000-24000 Ante 2000
    Break 10 Mins

15000-30000 Ante 3000
    20000-40000 Ante 3000
    25000-50000 Ante 3000 Frozen Until Finished

Depending on total chip count, players left and average chip stack to blinds and antes the clock may be frozen a lot earlier, we will also repeat levels if the game is going fast.

12. Dealer dealt
    13. JP Mc Cann is TD
    14. TD has last say
    15. A set of rules will be on display

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Self deal JP??? 175 + 25 is not the place for a self deal tourney?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Sorry! I copied and pasted from a pub tourney format and forgot to change that. I will edit the original post to dealer dealt. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

i presume this is a freezeout :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Why oh why a 4pm Sunday start? :(:(:(

With this structure there will be 12 + hours if the field is over 80.

Your tourneys are fantastic and professional. I would love to play but given the time I can't. What is the problem with starting Sunday tourneys at 12?????????????????

Sorry for the whinge

kakak1 wrote:
    i presume this is a freezeout :confused::confused:

Yes this is a Freezeout

• Advertisement

Why oh why a 4pm Sunday start? :(:(:(

With this structure there will be 12 + hours if the field is over 80.

Your tourneys are fantastic and professional. I would love to play but given the time I can't. What is the problem with starting Sunday tourneys at 12?????????????????

Sorry for the whinge

I was planning on running sat's from 1pm to allow players to qualify for this cheaply. Also I may be running a syndicate game for boards players from 2pm.

If the majority want this game to start earlier I will look at changing the start time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

JP Poker wrote:
    I was planning on running sat's from 1pm to allow players to qualify for this cheaply. Also I may be running a syndicate game for boards players from 2pm.

If the majority want this game to start earlier I will look at changing the start time.

JP an earlier start would be good, given the fact that the buy in is relatively low i do not think running sats beforehand will put people off playing this but starting at 4pm would mean at least a 4am/5am finish and with work on the next morning it would a non runner for a lot of people.

just my 2 1/2 cents worth...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

looks a fantastic tournament JP, would likely play it. i have no objections to anything mentioned so far but looking at the GJP thread there a lot of people would prefer either i) an earlier start or ii) to play it on a saturday. there are never any tournaments on saturdays so you are rarley clashing with anything, and noone has work on sundays. also there are so many online tournaments on sundays it could affect numbers.

looks a fantastic tournament JP, would likely play it. i have no objections to anything mentioned so far but looking at the GJP thread there a lot of people would prefer either i) an earlier start or ii) to play it on a saturday. there are never any tournaments on saturdays so you are rarley clashing with anything, and noone has work on sundays. also there are so many online tournaments on sundays it could affect numbers.

Hi Joe,

I couldn't agree more with you regarding running tournaments on saturdays.

However the problem is that most hotels are booked out on Saturdays with weddings, for example the Red Cow is booked out every Saturday up to the end of September. I have been told that should a Saturday become available at short notice (i.e the couple spilt up, and the wedding is cancelled) i would be offered the venue but i wouldn't know about this until 2 weeks at max before hand.

As weddings are big business for hotels (they often make in excess of €20,000 in one day) it is next to impossible for myself or indeed any other poker company to book saturdays for tournaments.

As an alternative to using hotels, i have in the past used some of my weekly venues for my larger games (Dublin EPT sat run in conjuntion with Vegas Nights at the Spawell). The problem with them is that should there be a large field, i run into the problem of time being an issue towards the end of the game.

I will be thinking about changing the start time.

Looks like this is going to be an earlier start, maybe 2pm.

Will keep everyone posted

• Advertisement

Just to let everyone know we will be starting this game at 2.30 this Sunday

with €20 & €40 SnG's into the satellite from 12.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

If Arsenal beat liverpool on saturday i'll play....:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

much people playin this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

If Arsenal beat liverpool on saturday i'll play....:):):)

Lol ... C'MON THE 'POOL ... 4-1 ... ole ole ole ole :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Lol ... C'MON THE 'POOL ... 4-1 ... ole ole ole ole Solskjaer Solskjaer :D

you have turd secured now:)

im going the structure look sgreat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Just home from this. 3 tickets up for grabs and money for 4th. AKQJ10 went out in 5th when his AA was cruelly cracked by JJ alin prelop. 4 handed they decided on a deal where the monster CL got 3400 and the 2 lads took 2600 each. One of which was JBravado who just avoided having the biggest blow out in poker histroy..Well done Sam, glad you got the few quid in the end.

Although himself and HalfBaked headed straight into the SE so who know whats in store for the rest of the morning!

Finished 8th myself with a stop n go that went wrong when i ran into AA, sh!t happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Ul Mark you must be sick!

Well done sam obviously you took my advice and stayed out of trouble ;) congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

shoutman wrote:
    Ul Mark you must be sick!

Well done sam obviously you took my advice and stayed out of trouble ;) congrats.

You couldnt be further from the truth! He got there in the end and thats all that matters..

i really think it is worth mentioning that even though mark got horribly bad beat in a pot which would probably have cost him 2 grand or more, he never opened his mouth or complained about it once and took it like a gentleman congratulating the other player. think this deserves praise as its **** hard to do! wd mark,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

nice one sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

wat can i say? u gotta win your races! really tough field and was real happy with how i played. i was genuinely relieved when sam managed to keep the head as he one of the players id most like to see qualify and do well. CASE JACK!!!!!!! unbelievable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

I lost the first hand i played, went on tilt...tried to rob the cash box...that didn't work out, came back to the game, got nowhere !!! ah well God loves a trier :):):)

who was in the top 4 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I lost the first hand i played, went on tilt...tried to rob the cash box...that didn't work out, came back to the game, got nowhere !!! ah well God loves a trier :):):)

who was in the top 4 ???

Heard about that. 14K and some sham runs for the hills with about 40 or 50 degenerates chasing him. I can only imagine what happened when he was caught. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

DeadParrot wrote:
    Heard about that. 14K and some sham runs for the hills with about 40 or 50 degenerates chasing him. I can only imagine what happened when he was caught. ;)

lets not elaborate too much on this , some passerby/lurker opportunist nothing to do with poker players or JPs game players. tried a grab and run, didnt get away with it. Id say leave the incident alone now , Joe Public can 't be completely trusted.

Didn't play in the main event but the buzz was really good up there, will play the next end of month....lovely bit of grub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well done Sam. lol Donkaments - the cash player gets a result!! Questions for the man himself:

1) Did he play 80% of his hands?

2) Will he make up the difference for a ticket and play next weekend, or was it all squandered back in the SE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

[QUOTE=shoutman

Well done sam obviously you took my advice and stayed out of trouble ;) congrats.[/QUOTE]

Apologies to anyone who was there who witnessed said "blowup".
    I was acting like a rude idiot and it was totally unacceptable.No excuses-Really embarrassed about it truth be told.

Tony,many thanks for having a word and trying to calm me down.Sorry again-appreciated.

On a sidenote me and halfbaked finished off a memorable 48 gamble binge in the se where we played a huge pot with the bare flush draw and middle pair.Easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Well done Sam. lol Donkaments - the cash player gets a result!! Questions for the man himself:

1) Did he play 80% of his hands?

2) Will he make up the difference for a ticket and play next weekend, or was it all squandered back in the SE?

1)Of course.lol.

2)Im still undecided at the moment-I really really want to play this but I know realisically I have neither the tournament experience or ability to do well in this event.I may play the side event but more likely Ill just focus on cash games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Well done Sam, you gave me great entertainment.

Ship it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i really think it is worth mentioning that even though mark got horribly bad beat in a pot which would probably have cost him 2 grand or more, he never opened his mouth or complained about it once and took it like a gentleman congratulating the other player. think this deserves praise as its **** hard to do! wd mark,

as above.

Advertisement