Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France 3:1 ON.......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Sangre wrote:
    points difference, Ireland are 4 behind France.

This is 100% ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

It still wont make a difference, france will win it.

If it is decided by Pts diff ( im prety sure thats what RTE said ) alle we need it to beat Italy by more than France Scotland and add 4 points to that.

I was amazed that the whole RTE panel punted for Ire to win 6N next week.

I absolutely cant wait for it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

mike65 wrote:
    Ha! Ireland should be glad of this result.

Mike.

Just back from watching it in my local pub.

Some Irish fans were cheering on France. My friend said 'surely you're glad that England won?'

They responded saying that they 'could never shout for England' and would prefer to see Ireland not win the Six Nations.

Talk about negative nationalism - preferring to hate England more than love Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Proper Irish attitude.:rolleyes:
    I hope you get to eat those words next week.

So do i, but i am pretty sure i wont. We'll struggle to beat italy let alone notch up a good score. It iwas in croke park it would be different, but the fact we are away and France are at home makes them clear favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its Chucky ffs, hes here to keep our feet on the ground.

So do i, but i am pretty sure i wont. We'll struggle to beat italy let alone notch up a good score. It iwas in croke park it would be different, but the fact we are away and France are at home makes them clear favourites.

I was pretty sure Ire would win by at least 6 points and Frfnce would win this w/e!!;)

All the panely plumped for an Irish 6N at the edn there¬!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

It still wont make a difference, france will win it.
    Sorry, but you are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

It skind of poetic that If ire win the 6N tha it will be by vitue of the record score we racked up against England and then them turning he French!!

For all the hype that was in the Croke park visit!

Six Nations 2007 Championship Winner
    France 4 - 11 Ireland 2 - 1 England 100 - 1

France still odds on??!!!?? Now there is good value on Ireland surely... Now the French really are set up to choke especially given they will take the field knowing exactly what they need to score versus a fired up Scot team that will fancy another bogey on them.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote:
    Its Chucky ffs, hes here to keep our feet on the ground.

Excactly. :)

I cant have everyone running away with themselves like they did before the scottish match thinking they would run up a cricket score.

Yea, and our second choice players probaly would of done a better job. At least they wouldnt of went into the match thinking it was already won.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just out of curiosity did anyone hear Brian Moores (the bbc commentator's) remarks about the French player who was being stamped in the first half during the England game?

I could of sworn I heard him say something like 'I dont care, he's French'.........bad form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He is an idiot, no matter what he says.

darkman2 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity did anyone hear Brian Moores (the bbc commentator's) remarks about the French player who was being stamped in the first half during the England game?

I could of sworn I heard him say something like 'I dont care, he's French'.........bad form

Thats exactly what he said, he is terrible, blubbering stuttering lispy biased muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

mike65 wrote:
    I'll laugh if England win the Championship after thier performances. Whats with those Irish names (Flood, Geraghty) doing so well? ;)

Mike.

Brian Moore's not so hot though, is he? :D

And really, it's not like any team in the 6N hasn't got players whose names are obviously foreign; once they put the shirt on though, that's the team they play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

I actually switched over RTE when i heard the BBC commentator make those comments. Thats how bad i thought it was.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just put 60 euro on England to win the championship. Got it a 100-1 at 8pm on PaddyPower.

I now notice the odds are down to 67-1 and even 20-1 on ladbrokes.

Do you think I have any chance?!!!

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Have a look at the table . England are only +13 whereas ourselves and France are +30 or so. Difficult for England I'd say but you never know. The French are probably still favourites.

is_that_so wrote:
    Have a look at the table . England are only +13 whereas ourselves and France are +30 or so. Difficult for England I'd say but you never know. The French are probably still favourites.

I'd say IF England were to win the c'ship, it would probably be due to us and France losing and them winning next weekend. Highly unlikely but worth 100-1, I MO.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

60 euro on a 100-1 shot? Very slim chances. I dont see england beating wales very heavily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

I am just thinking, the scots do us a favour, a good game in Italy and Brave Inca to win in the Horses... I am starting to think our patrons staints weekend will be a good one!

Marshy wrote:
    60 euro on a 100-1 shot? Very slim chances. I dont see england beating wales very heavily.

After this weekends results I'd say its very possible England will stick it to the Welsh, as they are down and out after an abysmal 6 nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

After this weekends results I'd say its very possible England will stick it to the Welsh, as they are down and out after an abysmal 6 nations.

It's a tough one - it could go either way. England have restored their pride, and Wales have an awful lot to prove. It seems like it wouldn't be the 6 nations without an upset on the final weekend. Just hope it isn't because the Italians won 3 in a row!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

there you go kids, a prime example of why you should not gamble :D

Italy can win the 6N now !!! Unbelievable but true!

If they beat us they will have 6 points, Fr and Eng lose they will remain on 6 as Irl will be so, conceiveably but very unlikely a routing over ireland with the other 2 games falling into place It can win it.
    ( -26 pts Diff to over haul 1st )!!!!!

If Eng are 100-1 thats worth a 5er at 1000-1 or what ever it is. I noticed PP have no odds displayed for this result.

At the very least they will be difficult to over turn for passion at the very least going into a home last game with a 6 point finsih up for grabs!
    Scotland will ruin the French pary with negatuve play and at least I feel keep their scoring down. Maybe its possible for Irl to win it.

PaddyPower now have England at 50-1

So the 100-1 I got for them seems to be good value.

Italy could beat us on present form, Scotland like to spoil the party, so you never know....

A

• Advertisement

arctictree wrote:
    PaddyPower now have England at 50-1

So the 100-1 I got for them seems to be good value.

Italy could beat us on present form, Scotland like to spoil the party, so you never know....

A

Ire need to Lose
    Fra need to lose
    and Eng need to clawback 25 on Ire and 29 points on france in the process.

ie Ire and Lose and Eng score ( assuming both lose by 1 pt ) 30 points more than Wales.

At 100:1 its a "punt" but its a REEEEEEEEAAAAAAAL long shot.

mathematicaly Italy can win it too!

Advertisement