Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France 3:1 ON.......

Options
  • 08-03-2007 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

............Is this a "banker" to make a quick thou with a 3k stake?

I just cant see Engerland doing it.
    After the Ireland game if we win well enough I would nearly do it as to lose the bet I would have the consolation of Ire having a great satb at a championship.

Opinions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

If you're even asking, means you shouldn't take the bet.

You'd have thought they would have beat Scotland last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The frenchies should slaughter this english team, but they have a habit of choking against england.

That said, england are truely woeful this year, hard to see them beating the french even if the frenchies have an off day.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Odds are 1.42 on betfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

where u gettin 3/1 on??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

If you're prepared to put 3k on I think you need your head checked. Sure, they are favourites but I wouldn't bet that sort of money unless it was a SURE thing. And you know what they say, there's no sure bets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Im asking cos you boys on here, like myself are the ones watching and listening to every detail as it comes up on 6N. Not 1 person has punted Eng to date... The injury to JW has only stregthened my feeling on this one.

Odds on PP.com

Yes odds better on bet fair (1.42), never used em however. Only gamble on 6N, its my grand national.

besty wrote:
    If you're prepared to put 3k on I think you need your head checked. Sure, they are favourites but I wouldn't bet that sort of money unless it was a SURE thing. And you know what they say, there's no sure bets...

thats why its gambling!!;)

No point lecturing you on gambling etc. it's your money.

Imo, I'd take it, no such thing as a sure bet, but I honestly don't think that England team have it, the doubts in me are that Robinson is a finisher, something England lacked against Ireland.

Strettle is a speedster as well, and Josh Lewsey is an outstanding player, albeit in poorish form, Mike Catt has been the best centre in England this season.

They're poor up front, but are stronger with Julian White in there instead of an unfit Vickery

They're not a bad group of players as individuals, but the England teams form has been crap for ages now.

15 Josh Lewsey (London Wasps)
    14 David Strettle (NEC Harlequins)
    13 Mike Tindall (Gloucester Rugby
    12 Mike Catt (capt, London Irish)
    11 Jason Robinson (Sale Sharks)
    10 Toby Flood (Newcastle Falcons)
    9 Harry Ellis (Leicester Tigers)
    1 Tim Payne (London Wasps)
    2 George Chuter (Leicester Tigers)
    3 Julian White (Leicester Tigers)
    4 Martin Corry (Leicester Tigers)
    5 Tom Palmer (London Wasps)
    6 Joe Worsley (London Wasps)
    7 Tom Rees (London Wasps)
    8 Nick Easter (NEC Harlequins)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Cheers Zabbo. I agree with your comments. To me the team is almost like a EP babas selection. So many new combos, rookies, retired vets called back, new captain, injured captain, last captain chaged position, positional changes and a lack of any confidence or cohesivness that I could barely see them beating any team at the minute. the list goes on.

I really dont see my slef putting quite that much down.

Any way Im off beer since Nov and the money Im gambling is just money that would be a hangover otherwise :D so no leckie needed!

Ill weigh it up again after I see how my Ire bet pans out.
    Dave...It dont need a hammering, only 1 point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    That's true, and that is why I wouldn't gamble a yoyo on France this week-end...
    Furthermore, we're favourites to win and we are aware of that. That's a huge problem AFAIC. We always mess things up when we're favourite!
    We love being underdogs and we can't really live up to being favourites... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd stick it down on Ireland instead. they are only 1.18, but that really is free money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'd stick it down on Ireland instead. they are only 1.18, but that really is free money.

Yep, if its free money, or a dead cert, you want then play with Irl vs Scotland.

Would bet a lot of money (if I had a lot of money) on Ireland winning.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

also, i prefer ot back France for the GS @ 1.57. England and Scotland left, if the u beat england its in the bag.

also, i prefer ot back France for the GS @ 1.57. England and Scotland left, if the u beat england its in the bag.

Actually good idea, Fr finish to Scotland at home so if its worth putting a punt on France at 1.43 its definitely worth backing them for the GS @ 1.57.

Im upping my Irl bet now for the win in line with comments and roll over ( the dead ceryt ) profit to the France more chancy one I think.

If we can only win a 3Crown I may as well make the last few games even more interesting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If there was ever a team that bottle it in style its the French (and NZ).

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

better off sticking more money on Ireland to win, to be honest with you its around 80% or so that France will win and im pretty sure that they will but you never know with them away from home and against England they could choke

Ireland a sure bet, eh?

My electricity went out yesterday morning, but I was going to post about Italy being 3/1 backing that up with Italy being on 15/20k a man to win, the weird Mitre ball, and the poorness of Wales this season.

Didn't get to put anything on it, but was contemplating something decent, great odds.

So anyone still fancy France today ?, 1/3 odds are readily available, and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oasisfan

Dooooooooooooooooooooo it!!:D
    Nah dude 3k alot to risk incase England do win against le frogs! cant see it happening as the french are just immense and the fact that they dnt like the english rugby team means they will go out with guns blazing but who knows?? its going to be a great match tho.................

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

Hey, may be too late, but in my limited experience of sports betting, there is little to no value in betting on faves....don't think you can buy money in these games... France at 3/1 on probably reflects the bookies view that the real odds (less their cut) are about 2/1 on (ish)

• Advertisement

Hope you didnt take France 3/1 on now! they have been ****.

game over. Unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ha! Ireland should be glad of this result.

Mike.

Bad w/e at the bookies. Ire to win by more than 6 points....lost on that one and France to win...lost on that one.

Did not put on 3k at least pphhhewww. Losses bad enough though:mad:

I AM smiling though next Sat is gonna be savage!! One game after the other.

Scotlad showed enough evidence that they may frustrate France next week.

Points For:

Fr 107, Eng 101, Ire 98............we may finish 3rd yet!!!! But still win the 3Crown Bizarre!

It still wont make a difference, france will win it.

Don't go chasing losses Diomand Maker !

Great game, puts Ireland back in the mix for the Championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll laugh if England win the Championship after thier performances. Whats with those Irish names (Flood, Geraghty) doing so well? ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

is the championship decided on points scored, tries scored or on the score difference of each team?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

points difference, Ireland are 4 behind France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

England cant win unless they beat Wales by like 50 or more points or if Ireland and France loose to Scotland and Italy.

Advertisement