Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

ocallagh wrote:
    Cheers lads!

Peter went out 4th Lloyd, he was BB for 8k and went over the top of a 20k button raise for 85k. His opponent said "Lets gamble" and flipped over QT (No it wasn't me who called), Peter was not happy with the call because he had 92o!

I can't remember the name of the guy who came second. I know his surname was Silke and he was from Mayo, but his first name escapes me.

Mick the blind structure was very good. There was a lot of play in the tournament. Average stack at the break was 40BBs and with 30 minute clock we had plenty of room for manouvering. When we got to the final table the blinds were slightly high, but I think that was because it took us so long to get from 11 down to 9, we went through 3 whole levels trying to drop 1 player... and then of course we lose 2 at the same time!
    what did you think of the guy who came third?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That you Joe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

ocallagh wrote:
    Felt sorry for the lad who went out in 3rd, from Northen Ireland and was a very good player. He was very aggressive and deserved a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Daithio wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Joe - is he (one of) the guy (s) who took a horrendous beat from Alex Smith in the Fitz €500 last December??

Assuming that is the guy, I have played a bit with him the last few times I have been at the Fitz. Very impressive and agressive player IMO.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Joe - is he (one of) the guy (s) who took a horrendous beat from Alex Smith in the Fitz €500 last December??

Assuming that is the guy, I have played a bit with him the last few times I have been at the Fitz. Very impressive and agressive player IMO.
    yeah it was him, he has won the 150 FO, the 20 FO and cashed in a good few tournaments recently. he seems to be impressing, the jury was out as far as i was concerned but glad to hear he is actually playing well.
    It was NOT me unfortunatly, his name is ruairi. he is from donegal too.

yeah it was him, he has won the 150 FO, the 20 FO and cashed in a good few tournaments recently. he seems to be impressing, the jury was out as far as i was concerned but glad to hear he is actually playing well.
    It was NOT me unfortunatly, his name is ruairi. he is from donegal too.
    he's fearless and impressed me. Very aggressive style. Tough to play against as he just sticks his entire stack in the middle when he senses weakness. He doesn't care about the pot size which might make it easy to trap against tho

ocallagh wrote:
    he's fearless and impressed me. Very aggressive style. Tough to play against as he just sticks his entire stack in the middle when he senses weakness. He doesn't care about the pot size which might make it easy to trap against tho
    fearless i think is a great word to use to describe him, if you seen the games where he learned it was dog-eat-dog kind of style, certainly no waiting around. i think he does better in big buy in events where guys are a little more scared to get involved/knocked out i.e. where there is scared money. out of curiosity in the final hand AT v KJ who had what and who pushed? did ruari push AT/KJ?

Edited for lloyd-proofing.

fearless i think is a great word to use to describe him, if you seen the games where he learned it was dog-eat-dog kind of style, certainly no waiting around. i think he doest better in bug buy in events where guys are a ilttle more scared to get involved. out of curiosity in the final hand AT v KJ who had what and who pushed? did ruari push AT/KJ?

whaaaaa?

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    whaaaaa?
    suitably edited.

Scared money doesn't actually exist in the Fitz EOM of Fitz €500. Joe. 90% of people who sit in that tournament can afford to be there and lose. I don't agree with your analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

yeah, that doesn't make any sense, plus the fact that players in higher buyin events are less likely to be the type to be pushed around.

yeah, that doesn't make any sense, plus the fact that players in higher buyin events are less likely to be the type to be pushed around.

Exactly.

out of curiosity in the final hand AT v KJ who had what and who pushed? did ruari push AT/KJ?

Edited for lloyd-proofing.
    He had been pushing on the button, quite a bit - hovering around 110k. In his final hand (AT vs KJ) he limped on the button with ATo. I was very weary when he limped or made a normal raise so I reluctantly made up the SB with A5. The BB made it 20k, and your friend pushed for 110k. The BB immediately called with KJ which was very loose IMO. King was first to hit and it stood up. The BB had been making very loose calls/pushes with any two picture cards. He called a 65k re-raise all in by Peter Heslin with QTo:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Exactly.

Did Lloyd just agree with Phantom! :eek:

i disagree, how is there less scared money in a small buy in event to a big buy in one?? you makey no sensey! i.e. irish open there are also some players in the EMO game who need to cash thet cant all afford it, lloyd.

i disagree, how is there less scared money in a small buy in event to a big buy in one?? you makey no sensey! i.e. irish open there are also some players in the EMO game who need to cash thet cant all afford it, lloyd.

Joe, you are wrong. There is a bunch of regulars in the Fitz who play these events. They have money to gamble. Good poker players or degenerate gamblers who are running bad but decide to play such events outside their bankroll anyway don't play scared - they just play their normal game and you can't run those guys over. I'm not suggesting that there is scared money at lower buyins either - but there is certainly more complaints along the lines of "you raised my blind the last few times - just wait till I get a hand". lol. You will find more players you can run over.

If you played bigger events more often you would understand the point I am making.

I agree/disagree with both of you!

Lloyd, a lot of the players in the monkey game or the 270 are not as loose or as competent as you suggest. Their play is consistent throughout the tournament and this means you must play a selective aggressive game. Your 3-bet with K9 is much more likely to get AQ to fold in a larger buy in tournment. However, players in these games have much more experience and they are nowhere near as likely to let one player run over the table as the bubble approaches etc. An aggressive player at this stage must already have their stack in order to allow them to take a few 50-50's and 40-60's because their opponents in these games will gamble at this stage.

In smaller buyin tournaments, early on an aggressive player must avoid a mine field of unpredictable players. This means playing TAG. As the field thins in these tournaments, the bubble approaches, and the stack sizes decrease to an amount which will cost a player ALL their chips to call a raise - inexperienced players will freeze up in this situation in an attempt to cash, and this allows aggressive players to take HUGE advantage.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    If you played bigger events more often you would understand the point I am making.
    Also I don't see the point of this. Joe has seen more hands than the two of us combined in a whole range of tournaments with varying buyins!

• Advertisement

ocallagh wrote:
    Also I don't see the point of this. Joe has seen more hands than the two of us combined in a whole range of tournaments with varying buyins!

Fair enough. Retracted.

However, I completely agree with your above comments on the bigger buyin events Niall - but your points just confirm the fact that using the term "scared money" is incorrect.

lloyd ill agree with you that many of the players at the bigger buy in events are either experieced players or degenerate gamblers, but i emphasise "many" and not all. i cannot agree that there is not more scared money in these. there are also so many players who have satellited in to these events to which 500e is a lot of money and would freeze up coming to the bubble, i am not saying that all of them are but some certianily do.
    Tell me this you have AQ, you raise to i duno 4K with a 50K stack - its the bubble fo the world series/EPT/Irish Open you have satellited in for €100 and one more place gets you $11,000/€6000/€4000, there is no way you call all your chips here if you think there is even an outside chance the guy is bluffing/tryin to run over a table.

To make my poiint a little clearer i am saying there is "more likely" to be scared money playing at a bigger buy in game than in a lower buy in one, as people dont want to go out foolishly and secondly many, but not all, need to cash.
    Dont get me wrong though i realise there are so many experienced players who wont let this happen, but there are enough people to make it profitable.
    Also just to add that i havent played many big buy in events but i have dealt at every final tablf of note from a €60 pub game to the €5,000 EPT and its a fact people play scared around the bubble in these tournaments.

Tell me this you have AQ, you raise to i duno 4K with a 50K stack - its the bubble fo the world series/EPT/Irish Open you have satellited in for €100 and one more place gets you $11,000/€6000/€4000, there is no way you call all your chips here if you think there is even an outside chance the guy is bluffing/tryin to run over a table.

If I had a solid reason to think I was ahead here I would call. I can gaurantee you of that.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    If I had a solid reason to think I was ahead here I would call. I can gaurantee you of that.
    I will be nice here, and say yes YOU would call as you are part of the experienced set of player who wont be run over but oh so many players wouldnt i can tell you that for fact. i seen a guy fold QQ to a serial raisers push in the bubble of the IPC on a Ten high flop when the guy raises him all in, and had been uber-aggressive all day. in my head im screaming CALL but he folds face up too mind! the guy insta mucks.
    good players will not be run over at any buy in but bad players playing above their bankroll will not play effecietnly at higher stakes when cashing means too much to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Iv seen a player one sunday night cashed for 16k in the omaha game the next night he was playin his shortstack so tight on the bubble of the monday tourney!!!

bankroll means nothing to any players around the bubble of a tourney!!!

MickL wrote:
    Iv seen a player one sunday night cashed for 16k in the omaha game the next night he was playin his shortstack so tight on the bubble of the monday tourney!!!

bankrool means nothing to any players around the bubble of a tourney!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Just a reminder the EOM is not on tonight and the second last satt to the irish open is!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

anyone tell me whats on in the fitz tonight.......?

anyone tell me whats on in the fitz tonight.......?

EOM I believe. Jaysus Wes, you had better buck up and qualify quick!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Eom.

Advertisement