Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz tonight

Options
  • 08-03-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested? 60+60+60 IO qualifier as far as I know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

ocallagh wrote:
    Anyone interested? 60+60+60 IO qualifier as far as I know.

Think its a half 8 start but I don't think I'm going to get a pass into this.....By all reports last week was a really good tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

SE tonight is the €100 DC.. If it gets the usual 90+ runners, thats a nice payout. If i was you though Niall, i'd go the Fitz..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Flushdraw wrote:
    SE tonight is the €100 DC.. If it gets the usual 90+ runners, thats a nice payout. If i was you though Niall, i'd go the Fitz..

I was gonna tell him this but he would only skew the fish to poker player ratio :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I'll mostly be heading to the SE, as i've not played this new fangled €100 DC yet. Hopefully the RNG in the SE will be working a bit better than my last few visits

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The Sat in the Fitz was a really good one last week. 3x30 mins, 20 mins to 1k-2k, then 30 mins.

3500 starting and first rebuy, 4k for topup. 48m runners last week and almost 2 tickets, probably more this week I'd guess, although I won't be one of them.

Edit: 8pm scheduled start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Yea 8.00 start will be a reall good tourney id expect minimum 2 tickets this week?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

5starpool wrote:
    48m runners .
    thought you get more than 2 tickets out of that....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

m means maybe in this context obviously. How could it be anything else? They weren't sure at the time, that's all, honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

5starpool wrote:
    m means maybe in this context obviously. How could it be anything else? They weren't sure at the time, that's all, honest.
    :) ok take your mod hat off! im not serious...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

63 runners, 2 tickets and 1100 for 3rd. Managed to blow a monster CL (170k of the 500k in play) at the start of the FT to be back in the pack, but managed to scrape it together and win a ticket (outright this time)!!!!!

3 handed was very cagey. We did a deal 4 handed which saw 3rd and 4th get 550, so it was a 3k bubble. I had 150k vs 250k vs 100k, and with blinds at 4k 8k luck was certainly going to play a role in deciding the bubble. The other two thankfully clashed and the big stack won, KJ vs AT. Felt sorry for the lad who went out in 3rd, from Northen Ireland and was a very good player. He was very aggressive and deserved a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

ocallagh wrote:
    63 runners, 2 tickets and 1100 for 3rd. Managed to blow a monster CL (170k of the 500k in play) at the start of the FT to be back in the pack, but managed to scrape it together and win a ticket (outright this time)!!!!!

3 handed was very cagey. We did a deal 4 handed which saw 3rd and 4th get 550, so it was a 3k bubble. I had 150k vs 250k vs 100k, and with blinds at 4k 8k luck was certainly going to play a role in deciding the bubble. The other two thankfully clashed and the big stack won, KJ vs AT. Felt sorry for the lad who went out in 3rd, from Northen Ireland and was a very good player. He was very aggressive and deserved a ticket.

nice one NiallO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Good Shot Niall, All that hanging about in tournaments is obviously the way to go:D

Good Shot Niall, All that hanging about in tournaments is obviously the way to go:D
    lmao! waterford was an extreme example!:D

Great Result Niall!! Who was the other ticket winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Well done Niall.

You have now joined the elite club of qualifiers which includes such players as Mick The Lip, Chief Brody..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

ocallagh wrote:

Hey well done . I guess you won't be in the Syndicate now so. That's cool, (shall I call in he reserve force?) best of luck in the ME , hope you do well. I must play one of these Sats myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Congrats Niall, you're playing brilliant at the moment (not that you normally don't)........Putting some nice results together like this is going to be a big confidence booster going into the ME.......Hope you're not on my table (until the end)......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

nice wan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Well done Niall. Hitting form at just the right time, I hope, but don't peak too soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

WP Niall and well deserved.

WP Niall looked at the last 7 last night and tought you and peter had the tickets tied up

What ya think of the structure!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

WP Niall you mofo luckbox.

MickL wrote:
    WP Niall looked at the last 7 last night and tought you and peter had the tickets tied up

What ya think of the structure!!?

Did Peter Heslin get the second ticket??

Not to sure lylod dont think so Luke mentioned it to me later on in the night the Niall got one with Peter but think he mentioned a different surname,,

(It was late and i was sleepy lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Sweet work Niall, best of luck in the ME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Nice one Nial, delighted for ya. WP mate!!

Cheers lads!

Peter went out 4th Lloyd, he was BB for 8k and went over the top of a 20k button raise for 85k. His opponent said "Lets gamble" and flipped over QT (No it wasn't me who called), Peter was not happy with the call because he had 92o!

I can't remember the name of the guy who came second. I know his surname was Silke and he was from Mayo, but his first name escapes me.

Mick the blind structure was very good. There was a lot of play in the tournament. Average stack at the break was 40BBs and with 30 minute clock we had plenty of room for manouvering. When we got to the final table the blinds were slightly high, but I think that was because it took us so long to get from 11 down to 9, we went through 3 whole levels trying to drop 1 player... and then of course we lose 2 at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

nice 1 N

D

Advertisement