Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions for this week-end?

Options
  • 07-03-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering who you think will win at the week-end and by how much?

Here are my predictions:

Ireland x 17
    Italy x 6
    France x 18 (Allez les Bleus!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ireland by 12
    Enlgand by five
    Wales by 7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

france will beat england by more than we did..

Wales to bounce back, and bea italy..

We will urinate on Scotland by a large amount..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Ireland by 13
    Wales by 9
    England/France could go either way, I'dimagine this will be close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dkv3

Scotland by 20
    Italy by 15
    England by 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

dkv3 wrote:
    Scotland by 20
    Italy by 15
    England by 7
    I hope you're being facetious. I mean come on, England even thrashed Scotland and we witnessed their ineptitude against Italy, who I think will be too strong up front for Wales. England without wilkinson have little chance in my mind.

My guess is:
    Ireland by 25-30
    Italy by 10
    France by 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dkv3

Marshy wrote:
    I hope you're being facetious. I mean come on, England even thrashed Scotland and we witnessed their ineptitude against Italy, who I think will be too strong up front for Wales. England without wilkinson have little chance in my mind.

My guess is:
    Ireland by 25-30
    Italy by 10
    France by 10
    Just seeing what the reaction would be !!!
    Honest prediction now.....
    Ireland 45-9 ..Scotland are absolute rubbish. If the Italians can run in 3 tries in the first 10 minutes imagine what O'Driscoll and Darcy will do. Our defence will ensure they don't get a try.
    Italy 15 Wales 10...I'd love to see Italy win and hopefully their result against Scotland will give them a confidence boost which will see them stuff the sheep shaggers.
    England 26 France 19.. I'm hoping this is the score which could set us up for the championship. The English will have to redeem some form of respect after we stuffed them. With or without Wilko there are enough people dropped to ensure that everyone is on their toes for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

+30 wins for both Ireland and France
    Italy for the win over wales close game me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

france will beat england by more than we did..
    Hope you're right... However, we always struggle against England and if we do beat them it's always by less than 5 points... :o

But I'm French so I stick with France anyway! :) Allez les Bleus!

Ireland should demolish Scotland (statistically anyway). But it's rugby, you never know... Gowan the boys in Green!

Italy to beat Wales thanks to their pack and the huge psychological boost of their first victory away from home. Forza Italia!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

the selected english team is a joke IMHO - I think its going to be embarassing for them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah very inexperienced all in all. If they win it'll be down to France blowing it.

• Advertisement

the selected english team is a joke IMHO - I think its going to be embarassing for them tbh
    On paper... And trust me, I would love it if we could beat them by 50 points in Twickenham! But we never manage it against them...
    Remember 3 years ago? We were 21-3 up at half time and we only won the game by 3 points (same against Ireland last year basically...)! A win's a win but for God's sake... :mad:

Marshy wrote:
    Yeah very inexperienced all in all. If they win it'll be down to France blowing it.
    You just go ahead and voice my fears for me there Marshy...

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

England to win by 3
    Ireland to win by 10, i dont think it'll be the walk in the park people predict
    Wales to win by 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ireland by 20
    Wales by 8
    France by > infinity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

France and Ireland by 15.
    Wales to win by 7 in a relatively low scoring match. I think the Welsh backline will be too much for Italy, even with the weaker pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Ireland by 12
    France by 16
    Wales by 9

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Caybar

Wales by 7
    Ireland by 15
    France by 12 (England will improve alot but still loose)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Ireland by 1-5 6 - 1
    Ireland by 6-10 5 - 1
    Ireland by 11-15 6 - 1
    Ireland by 16-20 13 - 2
    Ireland by 21-25 7 - 1

Well worth a series of bets on the above. Ive spread a few quid across them so that Ire by 6-20 is ~100 agg return and 1-5 is covered at just over a half return on stake and 20-25 is break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Don't think Ireland has a killer instinct like the All Blacks for example, unless its against the aul enemy.
    Even so expect them to beat a poor Scotland by about 20 (should be capable of a 40+ point win but can't see it happening).

As much as I'd like Engerland to stuff the French and hand us the championship, I can't see it happen ,they are just a shiite team full stop, the French to win by 20 or more.

The only real contest this weekend will be Wales against Italy, could be close but expect Wales to win by a comfortable 8+ points in the end.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

Ireland by 13
    Wales by 9
    england by 1, fancy the ole bolloxes here for some reason, expect it to be very tight with the ole whores edging it.

• Advertisement

So most of you believe Wales will beat Italy... Hmmm... Most people wouldn't believe me when I said they'd beat Scotland away but I was sure they would. This time around I'm not so sure of an Italian victory though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Don't know how anyone could predict an English victory.

Ireland by 12+
    France by 6
    Italy by 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

The handicaps in the bookies are:
    Scotland + 14
    Italy + 6
    England + 7

I will be betting on Ireland, Italy and England with those handicaps.

Seeing as Italy could win without the handicap, I think this represents the best value.

Are Wales favourites in the bookies (I know/understand nothing when it comes to gambling)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Ireland by 15
    France by 10
    Italy by 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

Have to say be very surprised if the scots don't end up the wrong side of a 30 point defeat on Sat. Ireland are looking to make a statement after the english match and I think the Scots are pure awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Are Wales favourites in the bookies (I know/understand nothing when it comes to gambling)?

yes, it means the bookies are happy to give italy a 6 point head start, so wales are clearly the favorites

Well I'm sure they did the same when they played Scotland and they were wrong... I'm thinking they're wrong again this time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Beting wise i'd go with
    Scotland +14
    France -7
    Italy +6

Advertisement