Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raggggg Wk!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

massplanck wrote:
    Why dont the students organise a sponsored CLEAN up (yes clean!!) of Mildford Grange,Elm Park, Briarfield of all the rubbish that has been strewn all over the place for the last 20 years. Plant some flowers etc.. ie Give something back for once and maybe the residents wont see rag week as such a terrible event. duh!
    It's been a while but the last time there was something like that done I was doing it. Got a few piccies in the papers, ultimately didn't make an iota of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Sorry to go against alot of what has been said in this thread, but I think Rag Week is all about the drinking.

I used to take part in a few in NUIG before coming to UL, and the imputes was most certainly placed on drinking up there and the memories and craic are legendary.

I think one of the reasons why UL rag week pales in comparison is the location of the college. In Galway, you can simply spill out of the college bar into the city to go to a pub/club and there is a really good atmosphere about the place. Down in UL, its a bit localised and tbh who the hell is going to queue in the wee hours in Week 4 to get tickets for 1 rediculously overrated pub?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

and tbh who the hell is going to queue in the wee hours in Week 4 to get tickets for 1 rediculously overrated pub?!

Enough people from what I heard.

I miss the Scholars especially around Rag Week but especially all year round :(

[edit] that other mod was messing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

In my opinion Stables during RAG week has to be done at least once. There is a great atmosphere and everybody is up for a laugh. Of coarse you couldnt do it all the time because apart from anything else it would be way too expensive but definatly something to be tried

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote:
    Enough people from what I heard.

I miss the Stables especially around Rag Week but especially all year round :(

Yep, the scholars was a great place wasn't it :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭morbo

I hate RAG week. It's R.A.G. As in, Rise And Give. Not a whole lot of that going on last week. Next year, I'm bringing my 'walloping stick' up to college with me for the week. Teach them first-year gob-s***es a lesson or two!

P.S. St. John looks damn freaky without the hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cooperguy wrote:
    In my opinion Stables during RAG week has to be done at least once. There is a great atmosphere and everybody is up for a laugh. Of coarse you couldnt do it all the time because apart from anything else it would be way too expensive but definatly something to be tried

I'm not so sure about that...I was completely sober all of RAG week this year (by choice) and the Stables in the evening does not have 'a great atmosphere'...People are lousy drunks who can't hold a conversation and drop more drinks than they actually drink...It's sickening.

The number of students, the majority of them 1st years I would imagine, going by how old they look, who were just out of it drunk is unreal. Before Director I ended up helping a student who had passed out in a cubicle in the Stables...passed out?! wtf like?! Is that what RAG week is about? Ok, I know someone's going to reply "Well one person out of how many isn't bad"...The thing is one person is one too many to be passing out from alcohol consumption. In all fairness. Students drink WAY too much. Does anyone ever examine how much they actually drink? You don't have to be out of it drunk to actually have consumed too much, you know.

Maybe pick up a donor card next time you're at the offie, cos there certainly won't be enough liver donations to support the demand that'll come around in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

A Funkstart update:

Passed my driving test and still managed to have a brilliant rag week despite having to go back to Dublin! Woohoo!

Advertisement